Reviews for Oleander Time
Munkeyfump20 chapter 1 . 10/20/2017
Oh so sweet thanks for a very good read and a little bit sad also
Chyme for the Rhyme chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
I'm not surprised at the amount of reviews this one-shot has. No matter how poetic the descriptions get, or how sometimes there's a lull in the writing, where a paragraph flows free with the colours it invokes or the image it produces, most of this piece holds sharp sentences that don't spill over themselves. They're short, rigid bullets and they thud out into the reader's attention with that sort of trajectory. And that gives a rather peculiar effect, not to mention an evocative one, bringing home the way Lisbon's world has shattered into pieces and how it needs to gradually be rebuilt.

I also like how she never wavers into Cho's or as Jane puts it 'everyone's' viewpoint for example that he 'did the right thing' and that she's allowed to feel that way - and more importantly that it's okay for her to do so.
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
Beautiful tie-in to fire and the Santa Anas. Harrowing. Effective. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/24/2015
Wow. This was just.. God I could taste the dirt in my throat and the heat on my skin and just the aching desperate burn inside of Lisbon. I love that you also stretched this out a reasonable timeline for all of this progress and growth and pain to feel right.
LetMeWalkTheEarthWithYou chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
Amazing work!
wavesofred chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Wow this was incredible.
bottledlogic chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
That was absolutely beautiful, and the symbolism was perfect!
Lothiriel84 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Absolutely impressive! You did a great job here! Congratulations!
sharpestsatire chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
That was so beautiful, I have no words. 3
fAteD lOvE chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
You just turned me into a drooling idiot.

I think you didn't go too heavy on the symbolism either- just the right amount for the story to reach it's depth but not drown. This is the first Mentalist fic I've read in a while too. I guess after reading your Eragon, I thought I'd take a shot at your other fics.

I'm glad I did.

Now if only you wrote Castle fics, my life would be complete :)
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Again, you stun me with your amazing writings. Beautiful job!
lozzyluvscats chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Absolutely fantastic. Perfect insight into how Lisbon would be feeling, and I thought the symbolism was great. You write beautifully.
Sublime Rubbish chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Loved it! Even the rampant symbolism!

I feel like half the time I read Mentalist Fanfic Lisbon turns into a gooey teenager abruptly and Jane an apologetic fool. This fic had integrity and a realistic continuation to the series.

Thanks!
Hot Summer Days chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Holy smokes! Your writing is absolutely amazing! Everything about the story was so deep. I love this so much and defiantly one of my favourites now. Thank you so much for this. You're truly an amazing writer.
castiello chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Gripping, compelling, spectacular! Spot-on characterization, haunting memories, and deep emotion, all expertly twisted together into a story I could not stop reading, even though it was after 2am. My favorite bits were Lisbon, learning to slip on her "Agent" skin again, the descriptions of Jane's unicorn-magic-powered smiles, the part about him not looking at Lisbon, but out at the fire, and the ending.

There were, indeed, a LOT of mentions of fire, Oleanders, and tigers. Ordinarily, I would say too many, but in this case the repetition gives the story an acid-trip-y feeling that works perfectly with the theme of "fire and madness in the wind," as well as Lisbon's addiction. I could smell the fire. I could feel the wind and the heat and Jane's rough-soft, tiger-pad hands. Very well done!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »