Reviews for Spring Under Frost
Of Quirky Excellence chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh my god! I agree with the person who said "go ahead, tear our hearts out!" But the king...such an $$! Never thought I'd say that...But had I been Robin I would've stuck up for Allan with a little more fury-eck-I mean determination. Anyway, ALLLLLANNNNN! WHYYYYY!

I love you Allan, always will.

We Are Robin Hood
Neftzer chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Dear traveller19:

I saw you post about this on the yuku board.

I like the title, and I like Allan's actions at the end. It seems, actually, very in character.

Just as Richard's actions also seem very in character.

I had never thought particularly about the death of Allan's brother as the first step on a path. I'm intrigued by your bringing this up.

And it would be impossible not to enjoy your rendering of the close friendship/kinship shared between Allan, Will and Djaq.

CaribbeanAzure chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
First off, I might cry because you are killing Guy! But this story isn’t about him - it is about Allan. So never mind. :)

Poor Allan! He does not deserve to be banished! And, pat Robin on the back for standing up to the King like that. I like how you describe Allan’s face: “…a look so piercingly blue and expectant and anxious and hopeful all at the same time.” I also love this: “…should the thin glass pane of their lives shatter…” Great story!
manxcatmom chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Hi Traveller, I wanted to leave you a review here, too, since I just had a chance to re-read this. This is so sad, but I love the ending, where Allan hopes that the gang will think of him in years to come. Okay, just rip our hearts out, will ya! Written as only the Allan fan I know you to be could write it.

Your different take on King Richard was interesting. He wasn't at all likable here-quite harsh and unyielding, and I'm glad Robin spoke up and told him so. Good for Robin for standing up for Allan!

I'll be coming back to read this one again! -Manx