Reviews for Touhou Death Files: Reimu Hakurei
Touhou is Life chapter 1 . 10/2/2016
My soul feels violated.
TouhouLoveStories chapter 3 . 12/27/2014
I loved this story. It was a sad story, but the details were GREAT!
Anonymous chapter 5 . 4/15/2014
First time I finished reading this, I wanted to post some "Great story, no flaws, keep up" praise. Second time I was confused. Third time I was like "Huh? Why did she want tha- Hey, come on, she could just- Where did THAT come from?"
Yes, while this story's writing is great and it brings the emotions it intends to, it falls apart under analysis and contradicts common Touhou facts. Don't believe me? Alright, then let's start with... the last scene of chapter 4. And Komachi. What's wrong with her? Well, she is Yama's shikigami. You know, shikigami of the one who can see sins and judges dead for them. Do you really think this soul destroying business would last for long? Komachi would have been kicked out (if not thrown in the same river she was throwing spirits in) the second she meets Yama... and since you make it look like she was doing it for a long time, there's Phantasmagoria of Flower View... But even if we assume Yama doesn't know about it or isn't against it, this scene still doesn't make sense. Mainly because Reimu (and Marisa, by extension) was a spirit at the moment. And in EVERY Touhou game spirits were flying. Yeah, every one. Including those from PC-98 era. And PoFV, so "but those are judged spirits, and Reimu is not!"/"spirits gain this ability after a long while!" don't work here. So the whole "knocked into a river and was eaten here" part makes no sense since Reimu could simply fly upwards. What, "unique water"? Well, she could float upwards before landing in the water... or even before being hit, by the way! And then there's the fact Reimu could float away from reality (yeah, "Fantasy Heaven" spell card), because, according to Perfect Cherry Blossom, spirits and ghosts keep the abilities they had before dying... Talking about abilities, there are the questions like "Why Yukari hadn't shifted the 'boundary of life and death' or some other boundary of her to help Reimu?", or "Since when could Kanako control snakes and air pressure?". But I think that's more than enough to prove my point.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
Ya know... I don't like kanako anymore
Another Man chapter 5 . 5/1/2013
I received a PM asking if I had gotten ideas for a fic I'm currently penning from another fix on this site, and he had referred me to your story. Read it alI in one sitting and found it not only slightly similar to what I had in mind, but written even better than what I would have done. If you said English isn't your native language, I would say you put a lot of native speakers to shame.

Storywise and all, I love it! Lots of accurate canon put into it, twisted canon melded in flawlessly and a perfect Bad Ending tag well earned for this fic. I don't really get what a hate fic is all about, but this looks like a master art. Keep writing!
Fleija chapter 5 . 4/28/2013
Good god this story is amazing. It's a really sharp change of pace what what I usually read and I am in adoration at the plotline. Not overly complicated with meaningless minutiae, but ingenious and insidious at the same time. A few departures from canon (especially regarding Satori as a hopeless, manipulable mook), but lovely all the same
Anon chapter 5 . 5/5/2012
Man, this story was a blast. Okay, I kept cursing at the GRIMDARKness of it, but it was essential.

At the end, I thought Kanako was a well-intentioned extremist, but then she betrayed everyone. It's in some way a "happier" ending than if she had kept her promise. Now everyone can learn from past mistakes.

Heh, I'm still kind of stunned from reading this awe-inspiring story, so I'll end it here. Works like these are one in a million.
TheEnd3030 chapter 5 . 4/8/2012
Deep man, I would say poor satori but I won't in the end she got what she deserved for Okuu, Marisa and Reimu"s deaths. Used like a tissue and thrown away, great Chapter and great story too, I love it when writer"s don't make surprise comeback good endings and instead do as you did here, The real big surprise was Komachi being an evil Psychopath who enjoys watching souls suffer their existance being erased (Like her counterparts in "The World Ends with You") It was good on how you developed Kanako incarnation in your story too, I didn't buy her Snake oil Sellsman speech for a second and yet people fall for it everytime, Ironic in a way since Kanako's both a Wind and Snake goddess it's in her nature LOL, I don't feel sorry for Yukari in the least as karma served her good as for once her nature screwed her over Big time hopefully the new miko won't suffer the same fate though Sanae is likely to suffer the same fate as Reimu and Marisa if Komachi is still ferryman at the time of her death, Hope you make an Epilogue chapter showing what has happen to everyone around the time after Eirin's last word message to Satori, Have a good day
Amoridere chapter 2 . 3/17/2012
Um, I don't like to bother but I'm wondering how did Yukair end up in the hospital? If it bothers you, you needn't to answer but I would nonetheless appreciate it if you did.

0bsessor chapter 5 . 10/12/2011
One Word: Awesome ~ What do you mean by "not a native speaker", you write better than most ~ another word: "More"
L chapter 5 . 8/29/2011
This story changed my life
boomer sooner chapter 5 . 7/23/2011
Hmm. Typical, the only negative review is left by a person too cowardly to identify themselves. Plus saying something is the truth without giving any backing reasons, idiot. Back to the story, great writing, as much as it pains me to say considering what you did to several characters that I liked. Shook me to the core.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
why bash on touhou to begin with? its not a bag game series, but this is a bad fanfiction story. sorry but the truth hurts.
MrTheFoolish chapter 5 . 6/23/2011
Brilliantly written. Just wow. I see so much of the world today in this great work. Was this your intention? No matter the answer to this, you are talented, and have a very interesting understanding of things.
p-ouji chapter 5 . 6/14/2011
Magnificent.

There is one unmentioned detail.

Couldn't Keine hide history such that the false faith would be uncontested?

Regardless, this fic gets the EX phantasm completion bonus and Last Word!