Reviews for Ruminations: Dark Compassion
zahnoia chapter 14 . 4/20
I don't know why I didn't come across this story before. One of the best authors I've come across! I loved how you portrayed Padme going to the dark side. It wasn't easy to do but you did it! Thank you to your sister who told you to post it and I'm still waiting for the sequel. I really can't wait for it.
jaderook chapter 14 . 1/8
What a chilling tale. There is something seriously creepy about women that go crazy- especially mothers. Perhaps it is my own hang-ups here- but the fact that it is a woman going to the dark side in this manner and for the particular reasons she did- the twist seems more wrong and definitely more tragic. I'm quite certain that it is because you wrote Padme's character and presented her motivations so very plausibly. I'm very glad you wrote this and you did a fantastic job.
Kennayil chapter 14 . 10/1/2014
Well then. Give your sister our thanks! I like how you did this one. Most writers tend to end up giving Padme some Force ability through Anakin or inherited while pregnant with Luke and Leia. Thanks for not doing that. Palpatine has always been a manipulator, and able to twist an honorable goal into something dark. I once heard in a movie, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." This story is a good way to show that.

May the Force be with you.
JPElles chapter 13 . 3/18/2014
Hope to see an update/sequel to this at some point. I love it.
Veritas1995 chapter 14 . 2/15/2014
HOLY... Dang.

That's all I can say. I- WOW.

Okay. Here goes:

You did a SWEET job. Padme's one of my favorite characters (aside from Artoo and Luke.) So to see her crash and BURN is disturbing.

The role reversal is quite stunning and well done.

I like that you put Anakin in a deep healing trance as opposed to straight-up killing him. Having him wake up years later in a sequel would be AWESOME.

Padme's breakdown when seeing Anakin's "corpse" shows that there's still a little good in her.

Very well done. Pat yourself on the back.
Axxell101 chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
This was very well done, and your grasp of politics was most astute. I'm not sure if you've given up on a sequel or not, but its been three years and I won't hold out much hope. But nonetheless, this is one of the best fics I've ever read. You really have an intuitive grasp on these characters, and can make them do this gs that would normally be OOC, seem legitimate. All in all, an astounding fix, and I wish I could read the sequel.
-Axxell
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 14 . 1/6/2014
I never saw this one and I just finished reading it leaves a much interesting twist and a possibility that Padme can overrule the Empire and become Empress at the same time the Emperor will need to watch his step as well or be over thrown.

Love oh love
Sammyangel chapter 14 . 12/29/2013
When are you going to post the sequel cause this is REALLY good and even though I hate padme going bad cause she's my favorite female character I like this so when is the sequel going to be posted?
tank destoryer chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Great story
TheGunmaster chapter 14 . 10/12/2013
Dude, this is great stuff... cannot wait for more!
JPElles chapter 14 . 9/23/2013
Love this story. Very well done. I hope you eventually attempt a sequel. Very curious where you'll take things from this point you ended at.
madscientistproduction.01 chapter 14 . 8/9/2013
Wow, this was amazing. Wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading this story, but I'm glad that I did.
NowKnownLurker chapter 14 . 7/1/2013
I must say, this is an convoluted spin on the story... but in no way, shape, or form does that take away from the fact you are an awesome author to have actually pulled it off.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/3/2013
Oh, geez. Anakin and Padme underwent a disturbing role reversal. Tje only difference is that Anakin did not die like Padme did.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/3/2013
Taking Sabe along and having her masquerade as Padme actually DOES make sense. Sabe looks similar enough to Padme that they can (and often DO) switch places.