Reviews for Angel
lotrfreakomon chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
*sniff.* i-it w-w-was s-s-s-so beautiful. *breaks down and sobs hysterically* it's so sad! it made me cry, and i NEVER cry! it was so horribly depressing and yet so, so - i can't even think of a word to describe it! i'm speechless! i'm NEVER speechless, people call me a walking dictionary!

in other words i loved your story * sob* but it made me cry. thank you for writing it. *hiccup*
Disassembly of Reason chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
Realistic touch, Sirius coming unglued about James' missing glasses. Sometimes when a person's so emotional about issue A that they can't bear it, it's easier to get overwrought over issue B and fret openly about *that*, rather than facing issue A and the *real* out-of-control emotions.

Before reading this, I'd never really thought about how those first on the scene of the disaster would have reacted. I've been so conditioned to the 'Boy Who Lived' mystique from the other end of the story that it didn't dawn on me just how much of a shock it was to those who first found out that Harry lived when by all logic he ought to have died. It hadn't occurred to me, for instance, that when Sirius first arrived, he of course thought his little godson was dead along with his parents, and that it was an immense shock - good, but still a shock - to realize that Harry *hadn't* been killed, despite the Killing Curse and the building having collapsed around him.

Creepy touch, seeing the wizarding photographs of the family in the wreckage, with James' face still animated. (At first I thought the story was gearing up to say that Sirius had spotted Harry at that point, in fact.)

Poignant, all the small pieces of a life – toys and what not – in the wreckage. That this was a home, not just a house. All the memories bound up in the objects.

I've always liked the fanfic touch that among the first words in Harry's vocabulary would have been the Marauders' nicknames, and that he couldn't quite pronounce them all before his life at Godric's Hollow came to an end. ('Padfoot' would be tough for a kid so little; the way it's mispronounced here is realistic.)

It seems a little over the top to put in that Harry would never say 'Wormtail', but the idea has a certain appeal. I've seen a lot of fuss made over Harry's instinctive judgement of people, but he *has* been fooled rather badly at times, most notably by Barty Crouch, jr.

I also recommend "The Funeral", chapter 5 of Iniga's _Innocence: Lost and Found_ - Lupin's POV during Lily and James' funeral. There's an especially poignant moment, just as he's turning away from the Dursleys trying not to lose his temper with them, when Harry - who, like Dudley, was just learning to speak at that age – calls after him by his Marauder nickname, driving home that Lupin had thought everyone who knew the name was now either dead (Harry's parents, Pettigrew) or worse than dead (Sirius, whom he believed to be a traitor). Very touching.

Copyediting nitpicks:

- I recommend setting the song lyrics off in italics as well as asterisks for ease of reading.

- Likewise, I recommend setting off characters' thoughts in italics rather than relying on single vs. double quotes to distinguish thoughts from speech.
summer autumn chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
no sirius dont goooooooooo dont get thrown into Azkaban *sob* I hate it when people have sirius saying james needs his glasses its so saaaaad *sobs*
FairyTale chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
I love this one!

The constant shift of emotions Sirius is going through, it's so real. (Really your first fic? Incredible.) From hope to denial to fear to anger (HE DID WHAT TO MY GODSON? I love that line, the Sirius I imagine is just like that - protective and loyal towards his loved ones till the end) to desparation, untill he longs for revenge.

So many emotions in such a short fic. And Hagrid, how can he act so 'cool'? But I guess that's just his way of coping.

What's that song, who performed it?

You wanted to know the tune of the song in my songfic 'Just Visiting', I couldn't find a download anywhere. But if you send me your e-mail, I could send it over as an mp3 file. Only if you like.

So much for this (did I tell you I love it? I CRIED!), now going to your longer HP fic!

FairyTale
riverlady chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
aaaww... well, sad, but it's cute. nice job 4 a first fic...

~riverlady
PadfootRosie chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
Very good! *applause* Made me cry...very touching. I like stories like that though. I've read a lot of variations on how that night went and I have to say that this will be one of my fav's. Keep up the good work!

-Padfoot/Rosie (The Siriusly Obsessed)
luhtavilla chapter 1 . 4/5/2002