Reviews for The Black Games
Zutara22 chapter 37 . 1/28
I know you wrote this years ago, but this is such a wonderful story. I appreciate how you didn't rush the romance between Katara and Zuko and how you kept them true to their characters.
In all honesty reading had become my coping mechanism for life and stress and I'm so glad I read your story. Very well done.
Now onto the sequel :)
-Zutara22!
Aurora chapter 26 . 1/13
Hello again...
It's the 14th of January, and I realized that my first review was eight days ago. I've been reading this for a more than a week, and I have to say, I'm hooked.
I'm not sure if this is the 24th or 26th chapter, because says it's the 26th, while you write "24", hahaha.

Anyway, I realized, this was written five years ago.
Five long, long, years ago. I'm extremely upset with myself that I haven't found out about this sooner, but I guess I can't really do anything about it, haha.
I really wanted to write a review for every chapter, but I never really had the opportunity, and I thought you'd never read them. And, well, I don't think you ever will, but it would brighten up my day if you would.

I'd just like to say, this story is incredible.
**SPOILERS AHEAD, PLEASE DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T GONE PAST CHAPTER 24**

I am extremely sad.
When I found out that the boy who Katara believed would save the world (in A:TLA the show), died, I broke into tears. Literally.
It affected me incredibly, and I just couldn't accept it. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think straight, and I was in complete shock. I had to read it five times just to make sure I was reading it right.
But I guess that was what was beautiful about your story.
It was so well written, so perfectly woven together, that you captured my emotions. You controlled the cold, butterfly feelings in my stomach, the laughs and smiles, and the little fuzzes of warmth and coolness when Zuko would interact with Katara.
You were able to pull me into their world, make it so real for me, that I felt like Katara in those moments.

Right now, I'm sad over the recent deaths. Aang's, Mai's, and Jet's deaths. Why was I sad?
First of all, who wouldn't be sad if Aang died? I couldn't watch the first episode of LOK without wanting to cry. Everything changed, and the happy, wide eyed, kind and gentle boy that I loved was gone. With Mai's death, I felt sad too. I felt like her character had no chance to express herself, to pour out her feelings, and to actually love someone, just like in the show. But I keep forgetting that this is also a Hunger Games Fanfic, and that she would never get a chance to in the games. I personally loved her, (even though I love Zuko, haha) and was really sad that she wasn't able to do what Mai in A:TLA was able to do. Actually be happy.
With Jet, "He tries to speak but I raise the arrow and ram it straight down his throat, letting him drown in his own blood."
This scene, it broke my heart. The A:TLA show version of Katara would never do this, I admit, but mostly because it was a show that young children watched and she was raised differently.
I honestly believe that the Katara who grew up in this version of the Avatar World would do this. If he stabbed the one person she came to the games for, the one person she loved and cared for, she would want him to experience the pain. All of it. She wanted revenge.
But Jet. Jet, the sweet, charming, sweep-you-off-your-feet guy dies. Yes he does, even in the show, but my heart won't grasp it. I can't allow it.
At first, I was laughing, literally laughing out loud when I was reading the hallucination part. I felt like Katara, every word Jet said made me laugh. "Shhh,", "Stop, stop, stop," and more, that chapter made me smile. (Not to mention give me good goosebumps when I read, "Katara, stay with me."-Zuko, heehee.) And when Jet said that he'd haunt all of them if he died because of the Gauntlet, I smiled. I believed that there was an actual, sweet friendship forming in the group. But I realized, in the games, you can only have allies.
I love Jet, (not sure if I love him as much as I love Zuko, though, hahaha) and you broke me.
Now, please don't look at this as negative comments, but rather compliments.
I just want to say that your writing and your story is amazing. You pulled me so deeply into it, that I've emoted so much with this story.

I think this review is extremely long, and I apologize for that, but this is a sort of compilation of my reviews for the previous chapters. I wanted to tell you more, to add more detail, but I think I'm taking up your precious time. Thank you so much for writing this story. And thank you in advance if you actually read my entire review. I just want you to know that you're an amazing writer, and I wouldn't be so surprised if you've gotten even farther from where you were 5 years ago. I love you, Ms Pettyfer, thank you so much for making my week.
And if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to reading the next chapters, crossing my fingers that Sokka will be alright.

I hope you're doing good, and I wish the best for you.
See you soon!

P.S. I found out about this from "squidwiththeelbows", the one who is currently writing/illustrating a Little Mermaid AU, which I recommend you check out. I wish I could give you a link to her Tumblr, but I can't right now.

See you! ️
Aurora chapter 1 . 1/8
SOKKA NO WHY WHY WHY SOKKKKAAAAAAAAAA
My heart just fell down and broke into a million pieces.

Anyway,
I'm in love with this story. The way you started your first chapter was just... BEAUTIFUL.
I love the way you write. It's simply beautiful.
With the way you explained how everything was, I could get a crystal clear picture in my mind of, well, everything. Even the polar leopard... Hahaha.

I also love the way you used the characters from the show, and also made up new ones. I also love how you used the history of the Day of Black Sun, and even included Katara's hope for a new Avatar to bring balance to the world.
This first chapter is just wonderful. I cannot wait to read the rest of it, so see you there!
Thank you so much for sharing your talent and story to the world. I love you.

P.S. Possibly the best Hunger Games and A:TLA fan fiction I've read. And I'm saying this from the first chapter! Hahaha. See you!
Way2Different chapter 22 . 1/5
So I know that this is super late and all (pretty much 5 years) and that you've almost definitely moved on from writing fan fiction (especially about The Black Games) but I just wanted to leave a little something saying that I truly love the book and adore how much effort you put into writing it as well as reading as responding to the comments. I'm not expecting you to respond to this, I probably won't know if you ever did or not, but just know that even your work from four or five years ago, still has viewer and fans that are addicted to the book.

Sincerely,
A new fan that is way too different to be considered normal

P.S. As much as I know how the games work with the one survivor and all, I'm still crossing my fingers that somehow the main avatar crew will pull out and all be in the sequel!
AmethystMoon420 chapter 10 . 1/5
Just wondering, what does Zuko look like? Does he have his bald-with-a-ponytail look or his look in book 3? Also, I meant to say this earlier, but Katara's outfit description makes me think of Korra's book 1 outfit. :3

Looking forward to how Sokka and Katara meet again. And also find out what happened to Aang.
AmethystMoon420 chapter 8 . 1/5
Just a note, I love the quotes you put before every chapter! :D

What a nice way to give Aang his tile of the last Airbender XD Your creativity will never bore me!
AmethystMoon420 chapter 7 . 1/5
Let the hype begin! YAAAAASSSSS
AmethystMoon420 chapter 5 . 1/5
I'm crying...tears of excitement. Zuko and Katara's first actual interaction with talking XD
AmethystMoon420 chapter 4 . 1/5
Oh man, you have everyone's character down perfectly! Even's Sokka being sexist (at the beginning he was) *claps* BRAVO!

And I can't wait to see Toph kick butt (we all know it's Toph; who else is blind XD) I don't recognize her male companion though. Looking forward to finding out!
AmethystMoon420 chapter 2 . 1/5
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HYPE HYPE HYPE
And of course, there are feels, but the hype at the end triumphs XD
AmethystMoon420 chapter 1 . 1/5
*cries* Oh my gosh, Sokka noooooo
This is hecka amazing! So glad I stumbled upon this in Tumblr!
August Mayhem chapter 37 . 12/27/2015
Loved how you meshed these two fandoms so perfectly! Sokka's death made me cry like a little girl, it was a bit shameful, but then it was also a credit to your talent at writing!

...Was definitely expecting Katara to heal Zuko, which I think is what she's planning and I'm soon going to check your page for a sequel. Loved how you managed to keep things very true to ATLA canon regarding deaths, but also held true to the Hunger Games methodology and type.

The story kept me engaged thoroughly, and it wasn't until chp 15 that I thought to check to see if this was completed.

The only negative (but even then not really) point, was chp 22 (I think) was posted twice.

August
lexitania chapter 34 . 12/15/2015
I was really liking you, until you mentioned this makorra shipping betrayal #korrasami5ever
lexitania chapter 30 . 12/15/2015
STOP BEING SO VAGUE! IT'S KILLING ME! JUST SPOIL THE WHOLE STORY SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP BECAUSE IT 2 AM AND I'M TIRED AND I CAN'T STOP READING YOUR STUPID MASTERPIECE!
TrafalgarFreak chapter 25 . 12/12/2015
(Real account.) I have a feeling Bumi is Toph's mentor…
1,864 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »