Reviews for The Black Games
sarah-finn chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
i really like this story. it actually inspired me to start reading the hunger games a while ago! I think that you are doing a great job with the characters and their emotions and actions. Good job and I can't wait for the next chapter :)
happilyinsane13 chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
GAH! SO. GOOD.

I was really sad about Aang's death, but I knew he had to go sometime... I guess he was sort of the Rue of the story. Innocent until the end...

The conflict in Zuko's head is playing out very well, and since I can tell this from Katara's point of view, that's even better!

I have a sinking feeling Sokka's death is coming up real soon, and I have three theories on it.

1) Suicide. Wouldn't put it past him to kill himself to presumably save his sister.

2) Suki. If she killed him I wouldn't be surprised.

3) Jet. Don't know how or why, I just think Jet would snap.

Although, who knows? You might have set it up for Ty Lee to kill him after all.

What I'm in the dark about is Suki's death... I really don't know how she'll die...

I also think you will eventually kill Matsu and Toph, or at least one of them. But is there's a sequel, you can't kill Zuko and Katara... you could make it look like you did... Maybe Zuko wins and Katara DOES use Toph's tunnel? Or the other way around?

On a slightly different note, you know your story that you also originally posted on HPFF? Is the story still there? Or only on FFnet now?
Black Firelight chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
I'm guessing the next to die will be either Mai, Jet or Suki...XD
DestinyCrusader chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Okay, so I really wanted to be one of the firt reviews. Here's how it unfolded: I wake up Sunday morning, rubbing my eyes, and half-asleep, reach for my phone. I log onto FanFic, open this story... and scream. I've been checking, nonstop, every day to see if u posted the next chapter. And really, you just had to choose the day I teach at Sunday school to post the chapter? XD I was twenty minutes late because I just had to read the chapter. And the warning DID not help because I was depressed the whole day -_- lol. I guess I saw it coming, and I can see why you made it a quick and simple death. Stretching it out would have been cool. Have you seen NCIS? it reminded me of Kate's death: I felt all hollow inside THEN too. But I guess... well, when I read it, the emotional feeling I got didn't seem strong enough. Idk, maybe my mind just went numb when it happened... just a thought, I guess.

I don't want Sokka to die. :'( But I see it as another inevitable.

Glad I made u smile. My friends and I are crazy about your story and have heated debates over it, except they're too lazy to review. XD
ShoeNinja chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
This just keeps getting better. You did a really great job conveying Katara's conflicted emotions as she interacted with Zuko, particularly after Mai got away. Looking forward to the next few chapters!
BG-13 chapter 3 . 1/8/2012
I was wandering when June was going to show up!
BG-13 chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Ok so...Mai, Random Guy, Aang, Toph, Azula and Zuko...did I miss anyone? Oh and I love making Hama and Pakku the mentors! Truthfully, Hama always creeped me out! Will she be teaching Katara bloodbending? Please! Oh...and I couldnt have picked a better Effie Trinket than Joo Dee...she creepy too.
PenguinCharagin chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
YEA, you updated! I know, I know, and your probably not ven reading this cause of the overwhelming popularity of this story! LOLZ, though, I just want to say (if by great luck you happen to be reading this) I love it, you have a great 'voice', and the plot line is amazing! :3 I just love that the story unfolds slowly, unlike the real HG, (no offence , I love HG too!) and although slow, you still kill off the characters accordingly, and everything comes together like puzzle pieces! Except for the Zutara. I was like .000000000001 % ticked at the crushing Zutara, but the overall part of me comprehends the fact that in order for the plot to be as good as it can be, ZUTARA anguist is totally needed!

Yes, and, this is my only question and I understand completly if you don't want to give away this "SPOILER":

In the end, will it be more of the "KATNISS AND PEETA, ON TOP OF THE HORN, ALONE W/ NO HOPE" or will you put on a different approach? I am genuinely interested!
Grffygirl chapter 23 . 1/8/2012
Hey, wow this chapter was really funny! I like that part about the girls, because I'm bit of a feminist. I have a question. Why are you keeping them as a group for so long? In THG, Katniss was alone for most of the time, except for Rue. So why keep her with so many for so long? Anyway, I fricken love this story and I can't wait for Insurgent. I've actually written a couple of stories myself and was wondering if you'd go check 'em out? Thanks.
the last of the blue roses chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Poor Aang :( at least it was quick.
AnnaAza chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Aang...died.

That was a shocker. I mean, it was so quick. I had to stop and scroll up again, thinking, "No, wait. He'll wake up." Then I went through a quick "five stages of grief," where "anger" muttered, "Why couldn't have Jet died instead?"

And Mai and Zuko. Very intense. I really wanted Katara to kill Mai. But Zuko, as the strategy expert, said no. And Jet and Zuko? Now is NOT the time to be fighting amongst yourselves! Like it or not, you are temporary comrades!

And it was a trap. And Sokka fell for it. And now Katara has gone after him. Oh, boy. I have a bad feeling about this.
Jai Rose chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
-fangirl scream of both rage and excitement-

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

:DDD

This is such a good story! I want more! :D
Cullendaughter45 chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Way to lazy to log in..

Anyway.

I have a few theories on who should/would/will win the Games.

First off, starting from the bottom of the list:

Suki. Sure, she has a chance of winning, but no. I don't think she will. I can see one of her plans backfiring in her face. Unfortunate, since I actually like Suki, but hey.

Next up: Katara and Sokka. Now, these two are a bit more difficult to analyze. I mean, Katara can waterbend and everything, and I can see her winning the games, but Sokka could also be seen winning the games. Although this could be problematic, considering if Katara was killed off before Zuko.

Anyway, continuing on.

Toph and Matsu. Toph is a cunning player in the games, and her strategy is working pretty well so far. She's laying low and waiting. Matsu..I could see Matsu being killed off in the next couple of chapters, along with Toph.

Jet. Ahh, the little itty bugger he is. Jet, in my opinion, is too easily angered. I honestly don't think that he'll be able to make it too much farther in the games.

Ty Lee, I could see making it into the last three or four competitors for sure. The only thing is, it's only because of her skill with pressure points that could allow her to get so far.

Mai I don't see winning the games at all, for some reason. No idea why. I'm actually kind of hoping Katara will finish her off soon, if Azula doesn't do it first.

And finally, the golden duo: Azula and Zuko. There is no way that Zuko wll allow Azula to win. Period. He wants to redeem himself in his fathers eyes, and he'll do anything to get there, even if it means killing his own sister. Azula, on the other hand, is pretty much just out to make a point. That she is the heir to the Fire Nation. She doesn't care about anyont or anything else. Zuko, also, I can see sacrificing himself for Katara. Tragic, but true.

Wow, longest review ever. Sorry for the spam. XD
Salty Lightning chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
I would like to say that I love this story, and in ways I like it better than THG. In this, nearly all the characters are ones that I care about and don't want to die. This story is great and I can't wait to see the conclusion.

Also, I would like to ask if it would be possible for an extra to be about Toph when she was reaped. I know it might be a spoiler, but maybe when this story is over? I just think Toph has the most potential in a game like this.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Justice Tokidoki chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Okay, I was a little mad about aang's quick death, but then again it was nice that he went out with a smile! Seems very IC for him.

I honestly don't really see how the zutara is going to work in here. Sure, they may be gradually getting used to each other...but I don't think anything is going to occur, it least not before the games is over.

Oh, well. Maybe one of them realizes their love after the end of the games when everyone is already dead...
1,946 | « Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »