Reviews for The Black Games
BG-13 chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Ok so...Mai, Random Guy, Aang, Toph, Azula and Zuko...did I miss anyone? Oh and I love making Hama and Pakku the mentors! Truthfully, Hama always creeped me out! Will she be teaching Katara bloodbending? Please! Oh...and I couldnt have picked a better Effie Trinket than Joo Dee...she creepy too.
PenguinCharagin chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
YEA, you updated! I know, I know, and your probably not ven reading this cause of the overwhelming popularity of this story! LOLZ, though, I just want to say (if by great luck you happen to be reading this) I love it, you have a great 'voice', and the plot line is amazing! :3 I just love that the story unfolds slowly, unlike the real HG, (no offence , I love HG too!) and although slow, you still kill off the characters accordingly, and everything comes together like puzzle pieces! Except for the Zutara. I was like .000000000001 % ticked at the crushing Zutara, but the overall part of me comprehends the fact that in order for the plot to be as good as it can be, ZUTARA anguist is totally needed!

Yes, and, this is my only question and I understand completly if you don't want to give away this "SPOILER":

In the end, will it be more of the "KATNISS AND PEETA, ON TOP OF THE HORN, ALONE W/ NO HOPE" or will you put on a different approach? I am genuinely interested!
Grffygirl chapter 23 . 1/8/2012
Hey, wow this chapter was really funny! I like that part about the girls, because I'm bit of a feminist. I have a question. Why are you keeping them as a group for so long? In THG, Katniss was alone for most of the time, except for Rue. So why keep her with so many for so long? Anyway, I fricken love this story and I can't wait for Insurgent. I've actually written a couple of stories myself and was wondering if you'd go check 'em out? Thanks.
the last of the blue roses chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Poor Aang :( at least it was quick.
AnnaAza chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Aang...died.

That was a shocker. I mean, it was so quick. I had to stop and scroll up again, thinking, "No, wait. He'll wake up." Then I went through a quick "five stages of grief," where "anger" muttered, "Why couldn't have Jet died instead?"

And Mai and Zuko. Very intense. I really wanted Katara to kill Mai. But Zuko, as the strategy expert, said no. And Jet and Zuko? Now is NOT the time to be fighting amongst yourselves! Like it or not, you are temporary comrades!

And it was a trap. And Sokka fell for it. And now Katara has gone after him. Oh, boy. I have a bad feeling about this.
Jai Rose chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
-fangirl scream of both rage and excitement-

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

:DDD

This is such a good story! I want more! :D
Cullendaughter45 chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Way to lazy to log in..

Anyway.

I have a few theories on who should/would/will win the Games.

First off, starting from the bottom of the list:

Suki. Sure, she has a chance of winning, but no. I don't think she will. I can see one of her plans backfiring in her face. Unfortunate, since I actually like Suki, but hey.

Next up: Katara and Sokka. Now, these two are a bit more difficult to analyze. I mean, Katara can waterbend and everything, and I can see her winning the games, but Sokka could also be seen winning the games. Although this could be problematic, considering if Katara was killed off before Zuko.

Anyway, continuing on.

Toph and Matsu. Toph is a cunning player in the games, and her strategy is working pretty well so far. She's laying low and waiting. Matsu..I could see Matsu being killed off in the next couple of chapters, along with Toph.

Jet. Ahh, the little itty bugger he is. Jet, in my opinion, is too easily angered. I honestly don't think that he'll be able to make it too much farther in the games.

Ty Lee, I could see making it into the last three or four competitors for sure. The only thing is, it's only because of her skill with pressure points that could allow her to get so far.

Mai I don't see winning the games at all, for some reason. No idea why. I'm actually kind of hoping Katara will finish her off soon, if Azula doesn't do it first.

And finally, the golden duo: Azula and Zuko. There is no way that Zuko wll allow Azula to win. Period. He wants to redeem himself in his fathers eyes, and he'll do anything to get there, even if it means killing his own sister. Azula, on the other hand, is pretty much just out to make a point. That she is the heir to the Fire Nation. She doesn't care about anyont or anything else. Zuko, also, I can see sacrificing himself for Katara. Tragic, but true.

Wow, longest review ever. Sorry for the spam. XD
Salty Lightning chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
I would like to say that I love this story, and in ways I like it better than THG. In this, nearly all the characters are ones that I care about and don't want to die. This story is great and I can't wait to see the conclusion.

Also, I would like to ask if it would be possible for an extra to be about Toph when she was reaped. I know it might be a spoiler, but maybe when this story is over? I just think Toph has the most potential in a game like this.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Justice Tokidoki chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Okay, I was a little mad about aang's quick death, but then again it was nice that he went out with a smile! Seems very IC for him.

I honestly don't really see how the zutara is going to work in here. Sure, they may be gradually getting used to each other...but I don't think anything is going to occur, it least not before the games is over.

Oh, well. Maybe one of them realizes their love after the end of the games when everyone is already dead...
me38242 chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
you are awesome.

i scanned through your final list of alive tributes and these are my hypotheses for each of them:

1) Zuko will win. He will be the "insurgent." your story will follow the outline/format of the third season of avatar the last airbender in that zuko will return to the capital, "victorious," but then actively choose to serve as a double agent, eventually returning to the rebellion as an insurgent. the next story would be half narrated from his point of view.

2) I feel like there is something deeper between mai and zuko. I dont want to say that they were in a relationship bc they lived in different provinces. maybe they had met one another before, but it does seem certainly odd that zuko would be so adamantly against her death. i also do recall a comment in an earlier chapter where zuko mentioned mai's depart with an odd sound in his voice or something of the sort. i feel like there is history there, but not as deep as in the canon story.

3) I feel like Ty Lee will either a) end up dying or b)join the rebellion forces of her own choice. But she seems alot more evil in your story, so i doubt B will happen.

4) I realized I haven't elaborated on my actual theory for your ending. So, this is my actual theory: Zuko will emerge victorious to the public. However, this will be a farce. Katara (and-maybe-Sokka-too) will escape with Toph and Matsu right at the last moment. I imagine some sort of earthquake or something that the watchers can't record perfectly. In such a way, their deaths will seem imminent and apparent to the public. In reality, they will have survived AND escaped through the underground tunnels built by Toph/Matsu. However, it will seem that they have died and Zuko will emerge victorious to the public. Zuko will realize that they haven't died. He will cope with these feelings of wonder/guilt/regret/realization in the aftermath of the games.

5) Not sure about Azula. I feel like, if you really wanted to keep her, Azula will also get pulled underground and survive. However, I personally feel like shes just a minor villain in the larger context of this story (defeating the capital, etc) and is ultimately expendable.

6) I feel like Jet should/will die. I also want/expect Suko to die. These two characters annoy me. Jet has such a stark contrast to Zuko's chivalry and he seeks blood too much. In this chapter, I thought that Katara would change the direction of her arrow from Mai's chest to Zuko/Jet's fight and ultimately shoot Jet. :( :( :( I was also surprised/disappointed that Zuko didn't kill jet because I honestly feel like he had the skill set to do so.

Perhaps this says something about Zuko and how he had killed Chan. In this chapter, Zuko shows unwillingness to defeat both Mai AND Jet. He seems physically (with Mai) and emotionally (with Jet) uncomfortable at the prospect of inflicting permanent damage on EITHER of them. The fact that Zuko killed Chan so easily made me think that he took killing as necessary and allowed me to expect him to go full-out on Jet. At this point, I think the 4-against-1 excuse sounds weak even to Zuko himself. He has obviously developed personal attachments and personally admitted that the "numbers" game in naive, so the excuse is substanceless. But, back to my point: The fact that Zuko now shows hesitation reveals that he, in fact, is not truly a naturally "killer." This, ultimately, lends more significant to the death of Chan- Zuko did not kill Chan because it was "necessary" or because it was "easy and convenient" because killing both Mai AND Jet would have been "easy and convenient" as well as "necessary." This conclusion reveals the fact that Zuko killed Chan without hesitation because it was Katara who was in danger.

That line "You have no idea what it feels like to love someone so much you would risk your own life for them"... Why do I get the feeling that Zuko did EXACTLY that while Katara was unconscious with the rest of them? If so, these words would have struck Zuko and triggered the pivotal moment in which he realizes the depth of his feelings for Katara (or at very least, realizes enough of to actively deny them).

:) PM me if you have any thoughts/refutations/comments on my predictions! I thoroughly enjoyed both this chapter and your last PM!

And thank you for answering my questions! I feel like I should answer them in return: I'm going to be entering college next spring. Honestly, I feel like is largely filled with younger people and the best stories tend to be written by more mature authors. I shouldn't be complaining because I've been on here since 6th grade and used to be one of them, but I can truly appreciate good writing such as yours :)
ligeisa chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
Ah! I was waiting all week for this update and now I'll be waiting very impatiently for the next one. Update soon!
midnight shadow of darkness chapter 23 . 1/4/2012
I can't seem to wrap this wonderful story around my head! XD

Throughout the whole story is simply mindblowing! I have to tip my hat to you for combinding two phenomenal series into one.

I love how you protray the characters from ATLA by evolving their personalities and characteristics if they ever were to live similiar to the THG. I love how you kept Zuko on his quest of his 'honor'. Also like the goofy/serious(when the occasion arise) Sokka, lovable Aang, a kick-ass Azula, and 'see something good in someone' Katara.

I hope Toph make an appearance since she is also such an awesome character. I also like how sly Suki is and how loosely based she is of Foxface from THG, but more awesome with her sweet Kyoshi Warriors moves.

I look forward to the next update!

You doing a wonderful job! :)
midnight shadow of darkness chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
While I was waiting for your other story CF... I couldn't resist reading the beginning of this brilliant chapter. All I had to said is how brilliant this story sounds! :)

Combinding my two fav. things...the hunger games and the last airbender is simply incredible! Plus I'm a sucker for 'Zutara' fandom! Hehe

Great chapter! :)
SRW3 chapter 23 . 1/3/2012
I just read through all 23 chapters in like 2 hours! I absolutely love this story, its going at the perfect pace and i cant wait for more updates! Keep up the good work!
Daemonic Maid chapter 23 . 1/2/2012
Wow, this is really cool. I loved The Hunger Games, but I love this MORE. Can't you Zuko falling for Katara a little bit more obvious, though? Although their subtle attraction is adorable, they've been though quite a lot already.
1,940 | « Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »