Reviews for The Black Games
x-Ink-is-Beauty-x chapter 22 . 12/20/2011
omgomgomgomg

your story gets me unbelievably excited .

i hope you update really soon :)
DestinyCrusader chapter 3 . 12/19/2011
I think choosing June was a smart idea BECAUSE she has no real background. You made her really interesting. This chapter rocked as well, although some tense shifts kind of confused me and ruined some of it for me. But considering how good the books were, I think you're doing a great job with it. I'm pretty sure this wasn't easy to write :)
maluka chapter 22 . 12/19/2011
as usual... AMAZINGLY AWESOME job! love love loved it! yay i was right on smellerbee and chan dying! im good. zuko came to the rescue! i loved how he just kinda shrugged off saving her... but also when katara caught him with a look of concern on his face (gasp, zuko? concerned?). Also, when he said that he heard enough when katara asked him how much he remembered, am i right in guessing that he heard her pleading with iroh and then talking to province 1? if so, i have a question for zuko:

zuko, if you were awake when katara was pleading with your uncle and talking to province 1 saying that you were their prince and you needed their help even though you're too proud to ask for it, what was going through your mind? how did what katara said make you feel?

i cant wait for the next chapter! UPDATE SOON!

maluka
Enchanted Tears chapter 22 . 12/19/2011
This is a very well-written piece! I rarely ever interact or leave reviews, even to fanfics I enjoy and follow, so it's definitely acknowledging to (at least myself) that there's more to this than the sum of its parts. The obvious 'parts' would include the clean writing, attention to detail, humor reminiscent of the show, and plot integration (never read the books, by the way). Usually, plot-lines based on some other media lose their appeal fast because they don't feel authentic. Many stories, even if well-written, end up falling into the "quick fix" category because to be honest, we'd just want to read in writing what we already expect and anticipate. You'd love them if they follow through, but they'd still lack a quality. This story has it though.

I'm trying to grasp it now so pardon me if this review is odd-sounding, hahas. So...okay. When I read your story, I feel like it's one with the show. A character would do or say something and I'd chuckle and go "oh s/he'd so do that". It's like watching the show. When I start reading a new chapter, I already start visualizing the events without consciously realizing it. I feel like that's the highest point for a fanfic of a visual medium, you know? To be able to read it without having to force yourself to see it. The sentences flow, and there's the right amount of dialogue and description. In that sense, the story is three dimensional. The plot's unfolding now, and the characters are still here. Reading the fic is no longer about getting the avatar-fix now that the show's over, but instead to anticipate what's still happening in this story. I have more to say, but feel like this may be quite lengthy as is, so perhaps I'll elaborate on previous/future chapters, if that works out.

My overall point, though, is Thank You for writing The Black Games. Few stories with a larger plot maintain their entertaining quality throughout and are this entertaining. Also thanks for updating steadily. Always looking forward to more :D
Monkeyz chapter 22 . 12/19/2011
\\\ I love this! Please keep making more chapters! I think this fanfiction is SO interesting! By the way: will there be some more Jet anytime soon? I loved him in AtLA and was crushed when he died…oh wait I just thought of something: he's going to have to die in this too...NOOO~! Lol oh well, I'll get over it… again…ANYWAY-! Just make more chapters please, I'm a big fan.
Jane Keybored chapter 22 . 12/19/2011
I think its so cool how you respond to us reviewers at the end of your chapters :)

Oh man I totally wanted Katara to kill Chan. Her 'inner dialogue' was so sure that whether she lived or not, he was going down. I know it would be kind of far fetched if she did take him down, since she's been using her bending for, like, a month, and he's likely been firebending his whole life. BUT still! I wonder if she would have been sick about killing him.

AHHHH ZUKO! I would say to him, "Don't mistake concern for duty." He liiiiikes Katara. I think he doesn't want to admit to himself that he's got some weird feelings for her developing because he's in the middle of a game of life and death and all, but come on, you can't fight your feelings! She's been able to keep her humanity despite their situation. I think that in itself is something to latch onto.
DestinyCrusader chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
Awww I really don't want to see Sokka or Katara die, it's too much. Zuko, Toph, and Aang I was pretty sure I was gonna see. And Azula as well. This is so horrible! Not in a bad way, as in the story, but just the idea that the sweet characters we know from the show are being thrown into these "Black Games". I would read more but I have homework tonight. I'll catch up soon, I promise!

One thing: Sometimes I get confused when you mix past tense in there...
DestinyCrusader chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
OHMYGOOOOOOSH! Okay, so a friend of mine recommended this fic to me since I am both a fan of the Hunger Games AND a fan of Avatar the Last Airbender. And she was right, this is absolutely amazing! I can guess what'll happen next, and since I'm so behind I can easily find out now. Expect a review for every chapter, I like to ramble and write. XD This is awwesome!
turtleduck89 chapter 22 . 12/19/2011
I never new of the "Hunger Games" before I read this story, but this is so awesome :-)

As for the bonus scenes: I'd really like to see the main story moving on and I'm always a little annoyed by the bonus scenes because they delay the normal updates.
janedoe401 chapter 22 . 12/19/2011
I just absolutely love the pace of the show.

And the very subtle sprinkling of Zutara here and there. Although for the most part, I like how stirrings of Katara's fondness or affections (?; well, she was practically frantic over his well being) for Zuko came first before Zuko's for Katara.

And I like the last bit about Suki stealing their supplies because honestly, I also, forgot about Suki.

Also Azula is one of my most fave villians (hey, can't help it. She's a badass!) so I can't wait to see her in action.
me38242 chapter 22 . 12/18/2011
i feel like giving you the remaining 16 reviews myself

you're so good.
selina agyen chapter 22 . 12/18/2011
I love this fic. words and my mind is not coherent enough t tell you how much i love this fic. i spent like two hours reading the whole thing and a all so painful week not due to finals but wanting an update. he pacing of the story and the characterization is so well done. the premises reminds me of 'battle royal' (fab japanese movie. if you haven't seen it don yourself a favor and please do) than 'hunger games'. i am adoring the budding friendship between z&k (too early to be love) i shall now painfully await another update.
The World is a Blanket chapter 22 . 12/18/2011
I love the story, but it's so frustrating that Katara hasn't mastered her water bending. Haha, although it is realistic that she wouldn't have mastered it yet. Oh well.
swtkajal chapter 22 . 12/18/2011
I love this chapter. Zuko coming to Katara's rescue is so cute. Is Suki suppose to be like the foxfaced girl from the Hunger Games because that's who she reminds me of.
the last of the blue roses chapter 22 . 12/18/2011
Thanks for answering my question but now I want to know even more! Tee hee

But anyway is a coincidence that there are parallels to Suki and Foxface? Maybe I'm hallucinating cause I haven't slept in forever but maybe?
1,881 | « Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »