Reviews for The Black Games
kayathedragon chapter 4 . 9/30

Great descriptions and just all around awesome wow.
Alice-Ann Wonderland chapter 37 . 9/7
THAT WAS SO INTENSE I THINK IM GONNA DIE. I was going to be mad if I didn't see an alert for a sequel to this story. Seriously. I was worried about the update date and knew there were not enough chafers left to cover what needs to happen. I'm really looking forward to the next one!
CharmedRavenclaw chapter 36 . 8/29
Can't remember if I reviewed this before but I love all the Titanic references you put in here! The 'You're so Stupid' and 'He saved me in every way a person can be saved'. Titanic is my ultimate romantic movie of all time so the shout out here with Zuko and Katara is awesome!
QueenDarua chapter 37 . 8/7
Where to begin? This was an amazing story! Initially, I was a little bit wary of it based on the description and personally, I don't like AUs that are VERY AU (like this one, even though I am a huge Hunger Games fan). Eventually in my quest for Zutara fanfiction (of which I am huge fan of) I settled down with this one. Once I started reading I couldn't stop. I love the parallels that you drew between the characters in the Hunger Games and the characters in ATLA; you managed to make them fit the mold that Suzanne Collins created. I felt that Katara was a much better Katniss in this story. Honestly, while both Katniss and Katara have many similarities, I found Katniss to be too indecisive during the Games. Unlike Katniss, Katara was decisive and true to herself during the Games which I found very refreshing. Sokka's death made me cry, and you're one of the few authors that has made me do that. Zuko and Katara's relationship was built realistically and was truly heartfelt, but I wish there was more romance! All in all, kudos to you for writing such a magnificent piece of fiction. I am off to read the rest of your trilogy and I sincerely hope that Katara gets what she wants. Thank you again for writing this!
Well... I'm going to go die now. CURSE YOU BLACK GAMES!
Hands down the best fanfic I've ever read.
When I heard the description I was dubious about the story. but I find that I am more worried about these characters iThan the characters in the actual Hunger Games. you have figured out exactly what these characters would be like if they grew up in this universe. my one problem was how Katara didn't go with Toph and Natsu. I think she should have asked if Sokka and Aang could come with. Finally, I look forward to seeing what you do With Haru.
Pointy Objects chapter 37 . 5/25
I can't decide if Im elated ( because of how beautifully crafted this was, and how happy it made me to read it) or unbearably heart broken. I see your logic behind every single death (even if I don't believe some of them even really happened...cough, cough, TOPH, cough) but it still breaks my heart. But go you. This was perfect! I love it so!

On to the sequal!

Pointy Objects chapter 36 . 5/25

Pointy Objects chapter 2 . 5/24
...well THAT is certainly a curveball. I don't's like...I usually have some idea or where an author is going. And I have no idea where you're going. I like that. The confusion surprises me.

P.S. Pakku...gah. *scowl*
Pointy Objects chapter 1 . 5/24
Okay, time to be honest.

I have seen this story (and your other installments) pop up in my quest for the sparkling gold that is Zutaran Fanfictionry. And I've been tempted to read it. But I was very unsure of how this would go down. I'm all about rebooting a story. That's pretty much the definition of fanfiction. But I've seen it done...terribly. Like, word for word copying the original book or movie, or whatever, but when you come across Haymitch, you just change it to...whoever will become Haymitch. That bothers me. I don't like that.

This, however. I like. I think I might love it a little bit. And I've only read the first chapter. It's that good. I can see the similarities; history of the Black Games and the oppression of the Capitol, but you've weaved in more than just Avatar characters. Somehow, there's already history from the show and culture, and I really, really like it. It's not easy to do, merging two very big, dynamic fandoms and having one come out strong. So, this is kind of my formal apology for overlooking this. Bad move on my part. I already know I'm going to be reading this non stop for...however long it takes me to read this. I'm already hooked. Probably not going to review every chapter, unless you throw me a curveball (which I fully expect), but it's not because I don't want to. That little "Next" button just calls to me.

Writer Rider Dirty Thirties chapter 37 . 5/22
AHH! I loved this! I read the hunger games for a college course and liked it, although Katniss's character wasn't as great as people make her out to be, and I Can say that I loved this more than that because of your writing and how strong of a character Katara, and most of the others, came out to be. I Liked the plot and I am a little upset by a few of the deaths, Zuko's and Aang's and Sokka's and Ty Lee (had been waiting for someone to kill her but that was just a sad way to go). I loved Katara's smarts because in most of the stories I've read they often play up her strength as a bender but not her smarts because she and Sokka are siblings and are both really intelligent. I do like how she killed Azula because I wasn't expecting it for some reason. I thought, when you said she'd kill more than once, it would end up being Ty Lee or Jet or Mai, but I liked this! You're a great writer!
Sophie chapter 37 . 4/14
I just re-read this fic in one day and oh my god dude you can write, like at the beginning a few too many adjectives but as you got further and further into the story your writing just got better and better and Jesus Christ this story is good! Like best HG AU ever. The characters a spot on, Katara and Sokka's relationship is amazing and Sokka at the end made me cry, I loved Ty Lee's part and how Katara fitted in, and Zuko and Katara... /flailing and crying/laughing
And knowing what happens next and how it only gets better and Hama and Pakku and I'm just there like 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'. I know life gets in the way and fanfiction is probably not your first priority but if you could update The Phoenix Queen it would be amazing, cause we've been left with a Boiling Rock situation and just oh god I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed to know how it ends.
As you can see I'm kinda in love with your writing and generally you. (in a not creepy way of course)
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fic! :)
Frogata chapter 37 . 4/11
Now I'm going to start off by saying I haven't touched my account in years, not since I was a hyperactive 13 year old who wrote like garbage. And I haven't reviewed a story in just as long (I prefer to lurk, lol). But this story, despite being years old, was bloody brilliant. I honestly can't wait to start the next ones in the series, and I can say 100% that I enjoyed this far more than any of the hunger games books. Your writing got my heart pounding, my throat closing up, got me leaning forward in my seat. The romance and emotional parts hands down were the best. They all felt totally real and natural, and Katara was totally in character the whole way through. Situationally, anyway. I doubt canon Katara would have been as rough around the edges as this one, but she had her moments just as this one did. I'm a little crushed at what happened to Zuko, but I've got silly reader's hope that he comes back in the next ones and they get married and have lots of little steam bending babies. :P Anyway, long story short, I absolutely adored this, and I hope you're well on your way to success, if not in writing, then in something else.
TreebuttonDemigod chapter 37 . 3/31
I know this was written AGES ago, but I just finished reading it and wanted to say I LOVE the way TBG Katara is not quite Katara and not quite Katniss; she's almost a whole different character and I like the way you've done that.
I'm actually kind of against Zutara, but the way you wrote it makes mebship them so hard, if only in just this story. XD
This is better than the Hunger Games I swear. 3 I can't wait for you to publish a proper book!
This chapter literally made me sob. So well written.
1,847 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »