Reviews for The Black Games
AmethystMoon420 chapter 10 . 1/5
Just wondering, what does Zuko look like? Does he have his bald-with-a-ponytail look or his look in book 3? Also, I meant to say this earlier, but Katara's outfit description makes me think of Korra's book 1 outfit. :3

Looking forward to how Sokka and Katara meet again. And also find out what happened to Aang.
AmethystMoon420 chapter 8 . 1/5
Just a note, I love the quotes you put before every chapter! :D

What a nice way to give Aang his tile of the last Airbender XD Your creativity will never bore me!
AmethystMoon420 chapter 7 . 1/5
Let the hype begin! YAAAAASSSSS
AmethystMoon420 chapter 5 . 1/5
I'm crying...tears of excitement. Zuko and Katara's first actual interaction with talking XD
AmethystMoon420 chapter 4 . 1/5
Oh man, you have everyone's character down perfectly! Even's Sokka being sexist (at the beginning he was) *claps* BRAVO!

And I can't wait to see Toph kick butt (we all know it's Toph; who else is blind XD) I don't recognize her male companion though. Looking forward to finding out!
AmethystMoon420 chapter 2 . 1/5
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HYPE HYPE HYPE
And of course, there are feels, but the hype at the end triumphs XD
AmethystMoon420 chapter 1 . 1/5
*cries* Oh my gosh, Sokka noooooo
This is hecka amazing! So glad I stumbled upon this in Tumblr!
August Mayhem chapter 37 . 12/27/2015
Loved how you meshed these two fandoms so perfectly! Sokka's death made me cry like a little girl, it was a bit shameful, but then it was also a credit to your talent at writing!

...Was definitely expecting Katara to heal Zuko, which I think is what she's planning and I'm soon going to check your page for a sequel. Loved how you managed to keep things very true to ATLA canon regarding deaths, but also held true to the Hunger Games methodology and type.

The story kept me engaged thoroughly, and it wasn't until chp 15 that I thought to check to see if this was completed.

The only negative (but even then not really) point, was chp 22 (I think) was posted twice.

August
lexitania chapter 34 . 12/15/2015
I was really liking you, until you mentioned this makorra shipping betrayal #korrasami5ever
lexitania chapter 30 . 12/15/2015
STOP BEING SO VAGUE! IT'S KILLING ME! JUST SPOIL THE WHOLE STORY SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP BECAUSE IT 2 AM AND I'M TIRED AND I CAN'T STOP READING YOUR STUPID MASTERPIECE!
TrafalgarFreak chapter 25 . 12/12/2015
(Real account.) I have a feeling Bumi is Toph's mentor…
theScribblerWP chapter 37 . 12/6/2015
wow. holy shit. I'm speechless.

I just finished the Black Games...and...and...Omfg I don't know where to even start.

Everything about this story was so well planed. It had everything. It made me fall in love with a charcater and then shattered me to pieces when they were killed - I both and hate and love you for this. It made me question my predictions, how I though things would turn out, and practically every move and every word and every reaction of the characters. I could never be certain. There was always a twist, always a new thrill developing and unfolding right before my eyes. It wasn't - as many people have already commented on - a carbon copy of the hunger games. It was you taking the idea of the hunger games and the atla world and mashing them together and creating something so freakishly original and unique and incredibly captivating.

And oh my god. Zutara in this was just...phenomenal. They didn't fall too fast for each other. They didn't just look into each other's eyes and fall in love (well, not a first I mean). They looked into each other's eyes and began to understand each other. They saw something in each other that intrigued them and despite the situation and their judgement, it made them stick together. In the beginning they were allies. But as they faced more and more things together and when time after time they saved each other, they were no longer allies. They were becoming something more. Not exactly friends, but something both less and more than that, something that I can't really seem to define. There is not one word to describe what they were to each other. They were just Zuko and Katara, the same Zuko and Katara we all know in love who gradually developed this need to care for and protect each other. You could not have portrayed them better than you did. And that hug. I loved the kiss too (it was so intense and yet his words were so tender and soft), but that hug...oh my god that hug. I don't think I'll ever get over it. That and their last last words to each other...

I loved how you incorporated some cannon into this without detering from the originality in this new plot you created. Even though everyone has already seen the moments from the show, you incorporated them in a way that nobody could have guessed they were coming.

I'm excited to begin reading the sequel, but ugh...I still need some time to get over Zuko's death and Sokka's too. When Sokka died, I know that part of Katara died with him, but I'm pretty sure some of me did too.

And one more thing, I almost forgot. I loved how you portrayed Katara in the final chapter. The arena changed her and you did an amazing job with presenting her emotions and how she was adjusting back into the real world.

But hold on a moment...what is this with Katara thinking about brining Zuko back...like, it this just her mind denying that he's gone or...can she really do it? God, it's killing me. I thought Zuko was gone and now there might be a chance that he could come back. You're really playing with my emotions here.
Guest chapter 37 . 12/3/2015
Is it normal to get a nose bleed while crying? Because this story made that happen. This is the 1st time I read a true AU fic... and boy am I glad I read it! You succeeded in combining my 2 most favourite things in the world: THG and ATLA (and Zutara ofc... so is that 3 things?) The fact that all of the characters were in character, and also the blend of references to both THG AND ATLA scenes, seriously made my ovaries explode.
This fic just made me feel such a thrill that not many fics deliver. Before reading it, I heard many people argue about Katara being too OOC (and acting more like Katniss), but honestly I found Katara's character amazing! It was like she was in 'Southern Raiders Mode' for a whole fic... I LOVED IT!
Each character's death really hit me though... I guess I've grown attached to them. But DAMN did I cry when Sokka died!¡! And when Katara found Aang's whistle! You really know how to break a reader don't you?
I so pumped for "The Rise of One"... but PLEASE BRING ZUKO BACK! I swear if he doesn't come back then you'll face my wrath!
You are a TRULY BRILLIANT WRITER, and Suzanne Collins and Bryke better watch out because they've got some competition ;)

PS: When Katara stabbed Zuko in the heart, she stabbed my heart too...
lithriel23 chapter 37 . 11/30/2015
I loved it soooooo much. The relationships were all so deep and complicated. I loved his you didn't shy away from the feelings of anguish and the trauma. On one hand I'm happy Katara came out on top. It makes the most sense to have Zuko be the one to not survive. But only because he couldn't be healed but he would not recover like Katara.
But it did make me unbelievably sad that Zuko had to die.
I could not put the story down. I had to finish reading it. You're writing style is amazing and I will definitely be looking for anything else you write.
BRAVO!