Reviews for Second Chances
Gunzaimyx chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Squeee! Love the scenario both Kain and Lightning were forced into. Thank you for writing this and so well too!
AmicableLampshade chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
My fave pairing ever! You did a job with this! Like, I just LOVE it. I think you should continue it, or make more!
Reader chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
This is so good. You have talent. Please write more :D
xTsukuyomii chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Love it! The ending was so cute and sweet! Great job on this! I hope you write another Lightning/Kain fic again! :D
thelizfantasy09 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
*sigh* there need to be mooooar of this pairing DX ARGH! so much more! lol
Nirianne chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
How... did I not see this story?

Ahem, nonetheless it was a very, no, extremely heartwarming story even if most of it was filled with Light's bitterness. People could see her struggles within, y'know, battling between trust and her own emotions which is a very difficult thing to do.

Reading it, I saw nothing wrong with it as the story flowed by well. Good job and hoping to look forward to more of your awesome pieces of work! :)
NinjaSheik chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
LOVED IT~!
Distant Glory chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
You have no idea how my heart leaped at finally seeing another Kain/Lightning story posted. It's been far too long since the fandom realized what a great couple these two make! I quite enjoyed this, but unfortunately there are some things that I have to nitpick at.

First, I think you overplayed Lightning's hostile tendencies. She's rarely in the thick of things, it's true, but she does consider the group that she's traveling with her friends - otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to call her Light, and otherwise she wouldn't be making such an effort to protect them. They're precious to her - she's just terrible at expressing that.

Second, I think Lightning gave up too easily at the end there. Not with regard to accepting Kain's help - she's too practical not to do that. But her behavior in the last fifth or so of the fic seems kind of jarring considering that she's been snapping and snarling - or at the very least, not admitting that he's right - for the rest of the fic.

Third, your switch from Lightning's perspective to Kain is a bit abrupt. One paragraph you're writing from one; the next, you're writing from the other. You might want to consider splitting the scenes so that the reader has a clear signpost of the switch.

Fourth, the "If those allies were still alive, they could help us fight the manikins and none of us would die in that fight"/"…A flaw in my plan" exchange. That's not true. It wouldn't have mattered if the other warriors of Cosmos were still awake, they were still all going to die. This is strongly alluded to throughout the storyline, and made explicit near the end. All that would have been achieved if Kain hadn't carried out his plan is that everyone would have drained their strength to close the Door to the Rift.

Fifth... Kain's eyes are purple. At least according to Dissidia's character models.

There's a couple of grammatical things, as well (missing a comma in the sentence '"Back off" was her reply', an excess hyphen in 'safe-haven', etc.), but that was one area where you were really solid - and for that, I thank you. :D It's always fantastic to see a writer who actually knows what they're doing with the English language.

I know that this review sounds very critical, but I really did enjoy this story, and I hope to see you write more Kaightning in future.
PeaPrince chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
not my favorite couple, but good story
Naivette chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I may not have played this game before and just scrolled through the videos without really paying attention, but I must say that you captured the two characters beautifully. Seriously, well done. And you know what, you're right-there should be more fics about this couple, because it was kinda implied, huh?

Great job, fwiend. (: