Reviews for Restoring Hope
dadscooking chapter 13 . 3/20
I had to read this again.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite "Ron is a good guy" story. The depth of Ron is breathtaking.
ejecily chapter 1 . 1/18
Speechless. I am utterly speechless. Except for the fact that I want to demand a sequel or maybe a trilogy or maybe a series. I am gushing with happiness that I have happen upon your prose. No words can express how good this is!

A great pleasure to have read this! Thank you :D
Antor2001 chapter 13 . 12/2/2014
oh god, when Hedwig entered at the end I choked up, it's so her to wait for years in the wild to deliver the last package from her master :'(
Loved the story!
Bambu chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
It appears you may no longer be writing fanfiction, but in the even you do still read/receive your reviews, I wanted to let you know what I thought of your story. I only stumbled across it yesterday and I was riveted to the depth of your characterizations, and the cleverness and believability of your tale. I think this is perhaps my favorite, all-time version of Ron (this is the Ron I believed he could be before he became little more than a deus ex machina for JKR's OBHWF). Inserting lengthy flashbacks into a narrative can be the kiss of death for a story, but you've used them to great effect here, and I particularly like the way you use Hope as the 'everyman' for the narrative point of view. I read this late into the night last night when I should have been sleeping, and I'm still thinking about the nuances you captured so well. And thank you for not neatly wrapping everything up with a happy five thousand word epilogue to cover Bellatrix's demise. I do hope you have gone on to original work that I might someday purchase.
Lanzecki chapter 13 . 10/8/2014
Nice. In fact better than nice - most Excellent! Thank you for taking us on this amazing journey.
Engrprince chapter 13 . 8/29/2014
I have always thought Ron was the worst character in JKR's world. I never liked him and thought he should have been written out after POA. You however made him a beautiful character that was easy to get behind and root for. Yet you did not change him. You did a fabulous job creating a beautiful story. Thank You
Hobbyfarmer chapter 13 . 8/29/2014
Thank You again for a beautiful story.
Hobbyfarmer chapter 12 . 8/29/2014
This is such a great story, I am surprised more people haven't tagged it Beautiful :)
Hobbyfarmer chapter 4 . 8/28/2014
The more I read this the more beautiful a story this becomes. Especially Ron what you have done with him is excellent. I understand why he would hid Hope's father.
Hobbyfarmer chapter 3 . 8/27/2014
Great I am Spartacus scene :)
Hobbyfarmer chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
Very rarely do I like Ron, but when he is with Lune he is somewhat bearable. Great start.
Animekitty47 chapter 13 . 8/21/2014
The Imperiused House-elves to get around anti-apparition wards is such a basic hack I'm surprised no one else's noticed it. XD

And Ron and Luna's interactions are so well done! Luna in general, really, like when Bellatrix was torturing her, or afterward when it took a bit before she finally let go of Ron.

I'm still not clear where they got the essence of Harry to turn his sketch into a proper wizarding portrait. If you need something of Harry's where'd they get if from? It's not like they raided Ginny's creepy shrine thing.

Although the Harry and Hermione portraits were so cute and amusing when they got together.

And you're right, you're version of what happens when the Secret Keeper dies makes more sense.

Anyway, this was an awesome story! I wonder if you're thinking of doing a sequel on day...
Hoosiergirl chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
I absolutely loved this story! Finely drawn characters and a magnificent plot. Thanks so much for writing this!
Tr0g chapter 13 . 2/27/2014
This is a good story with an interesting OC. I don't think I've ever seen tbhis particular plot device Bedford, and it was well executed here.

This story is well recommended.
Tom Riddle Minor chapter 13 . 11/11/2013
This is so beautiful! A wonderful, wonderful tale, through and through, and a finish so beautiful! The arrival of Hedwig right out of the woods with the gifts from Harry – and the friendship between those three girls. I mean – who cares if Bellatrix is still out there, worst for her if she happens to cross Hope’s way again!
(Okay, and by the way: The very idea of the paintings of Harry and Hermione having sex in the painting of an empty bed ... priceless, and definitely on the level with the idea of Death as a goth girl with a sense of practical jokes in ”Coming Back Late" ...)
Speaking of ”Coming Back late”: The artistic quality of ”Hope” is really showing all of us what disaster it is if you don’t finish ”CBL”. May all of your socks shrink in the wash until you’ve resumed the work on that story again! We want updates, and we want’em now!
177 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »