Reviews for On the Heels of Another
JC Rosen chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
This poem shows a true level of ability and maturity. Having heard its praises sung, I had to read it for myself. Your turns of phrase, never quite twisting them but gently bending, were enticing. Reading it, I remembered my pained shock in seeing the episode the first time. In fact, I believe I'll go watch it again with your words whispering through my thoughts.

Lovely, very well done.

Take care,

JC
Nanuzsh chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Powerful peace, flows well. The hints are all in the right place on where and when this poem is occurring. Beckett's speech is well used as a backbone for the poem, as is the situation and the ramifications held by the gunshot. Castle's feelings are clear, and I can't help but feel from this poem that it also hints that Kate may feel the same for Castle.

One lingering look/.../to pull them back apart.

Amazing lines. Beautifully portrays the fact that Castle sees the glint of the scope in the distance, but i feel that Duck Life may have unwittingly written a better piece than she intended. These same lines, while show what happens before the bullet can be said to portray what happens after the gunshot...as Castle looks into Beckett's eyes and tells her he loves her, and the flash of unconciousness pulling them apart in the sense that she won't remember any of it when she comes to.

Beautiful.

However the Scotch reference is lost on me. Could be my overthinking brain isn't being able to grasp the obvious.

Well written it.
runeaglerun chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Oooh interesting idea. I like it! Really nice turn of phrase. :)