Reviews for In Retrospect
ShinyShiny9 chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Awwwwww! Normally I don't go for the idea of all Aperture AI formerly being humans, but this is just too touching of a story to resist. Very nicely done!
x.Safety.Pins.x chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I saved her...then I accidently dropped her into the abyss... :( I'm sorry.
Demonic-Otaku chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
This made me tear up. Its so sweet yet sad.
The Great Susinko chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
This is an amazing story. I've always loved the Different Turret. I'm really glad you wrote this. Thank you.
SoneAnna chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
dkdshdlshlhgls Poor, poor Oracle Turret. ;_;

Well. I liked this. 3 Sad, but cute.
Cuirlfox369 chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
OMG I was just thinking about the different turret today and, after watching a video about what it says, I was so ready to write a small fic for it. You beat me to it. ' Haha. Granted, you went in a different direction than I planned to go, but enough about me now- this is a review about your story.

The fic was so sweet and sad, and I really could imagine the life of the different turret before. A mean girl, but with regrets obviously. I wanna hug the different turret now, thanks to this.
griffin-queen-of-silver-skies chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
This was simply gorgeous. It was beautifully executed, and it was so terribly moving. Now, every time I replay that part of the game I will never be able to look at that lone little turret the same way again as she travels toward redemption. Thank you for this, it was wonderful.
Mala-Inactive chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
WOW. This fic is one of the saddest (and simply beautiful) I've read, ever.

I've always liked the "I'm different" turret but the back story and characterization you gave her made her an amazing character. Except for the GLaDOS one-hundred-percent deleting Caroline part (I have my own weird theory involving ghosts-because Aperture is the perfect setting for a ghost story-on that), this fic is now part of personal canon.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.

-Malacoda
Faux Promises chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I couldn't quite reconcile why GLaDOS would delete Caroline *after* saving Chell and then letting her go. Realistically, if Caroline was the only thing holding her in check, she would have deleted her immediately (or at least after saving Chell), killed Chell, and been a happy camper. Although I don't think that would still fix the problem considering she seemed to go through actual character development outside of just her relationship to Caroline. As if Chell is really hard to kill when she's trapped inside an elevator with no portal gun. She didn't blame letting her go on Caroline, in any case.

Anyway. Just my two cents about that. I like to imagine the Different Turret is just fine since I hid her somewhere after saving her. On top of a pipe. ;o
Digitaldreamer chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Curious. As much as I love Wheatley, GLaDOS and Chell, it's nice to get ab it of focus somewhere else. The idea that the oracle turret was once human and picked on Caroline is an interesting one- admittedly, I feel unsure over the idea of Caroline being picked on and crying. I dunno, to me I find myself imagining her with a stronger personality given the fact that she is a part of GLaDOS, but it's not like we ever learn that much about her. Anyway, the idea of Caroline being viewed from an outsider is interesting and the description of the turret's human death was very poignant, as was Caroline's last words and the mention of just how cheery that damn announcer sounds. I also appreciated the extra mention of the law of robotics guide to share, haha.

Nice job!
Madame Renard chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Yay! Redemption Turret! I totally drew a human form for her once...it was a little girl, though XD But anyways, you gave a very realistic characterization of her, which is something not a whole lot of people do with OCs XD And I WANT TO READ THAT CHELL/GLADOS-y STORY. SO WRITE IT. NOW.
Chloe Kompton chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I enjoyed this story although I disagree with the theory that Caroline has been deleted because, otherreviewer, it's a *theory* that she hasn't been, not a fact.
Kael Hyun chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
She didn't or really she cant as its impossible to delete what you truly are I really hope you make a TRUE version of it that fits GLaDOS's Character development.