Reviews for Harry's Birthday Wish
Difdi chapter 21 . 8/16
Why would a child saying he doesn't care where he goes, so long as he can be with friends and family result in Gryffindor of all places?

By the Hat's own admission, Harry could go to any of the four Houses, but only one House emphasizes friendship and family above all else., and it's not Gryffindor - it's Hufflepuff.

Slytherin is for those who are cunning and ambitious, who want success. It's overrun by Death Eaters and the children of Death Eaters, but the Hat is programmed with the Founders beliefs, not the current perception of a House. Harry isn't particularly ambitious, but he has more cunning than most.

Ravenclaw are for those who are educated and intelligent, who want to learn things others don't know. Harry loves learning things and reading.

Gryffindor is for those who are brave and courageous, who want fame and glory. This is about as far from what Harry wants as the moon. But Rowling thinks of Gryffindor as the house of heroes, so that's where the hero of the story must go, even though glory and fame are things he hates.

Hufflepuff is the house of those who are loyal and hardworking, who want friendship and family. More than anything else, that's what Harry wants. He's loyal and has no problems with hard work. This is the House Harry should have wound up in, given ehat he wanted and needed most - but it's not the house of heroes.

After telling the Hat that he wanted friends and family, how on Earth could it sort him into Gryffindor and not Hufflepuff?
Difdi chapter 10 . 8/16
Step four, do arse over teakettle somersaults, because back pedaling with a foot in your mouth can only end one way.
daisycb chapter 43 . 8/13
Beautiful! Thank you!
daisycb chapter 19 . 8/13
I enjoy Severus's conversations with himself. I had them frequently when my children were small. Now I talk out loud.
daisycb chapter 18 . 8/13
I really like the happiness. After all, if I wanted angst or sorrow, there's always real life.
daisycb chapter 14 . 8/13
I am loving this.
J'nelle chapter 9 . 8/13
great friendships no matter how the relationship goes remains loving at least that's how this chapter makes me feel :)

Snape and Lily seems to have had something special for him to still remember the past and act compassionately in remembrance of his dear friend (and not her husband) haha

I love how the author reveals snape and harry's thoughts so we can understand the spoken and unspoken words and can relate to their meaning haha

It is indeed hard to share the absolute truth with a child who believes in a false truth drilled into him by blood relatives. Totally messed up but like Snape i'm glad the kid was not "broken" in spirit. He still believed and every year held on to that birthday wish because he hoped, believed and still wanted it to come true. Endurance does reap reward.

Snape may be the tough potions professor but he seems like he would be a natural awesome father/father figure with explaining things to children :)

Thank you for an enjoyable chapter.
J'nelle chapter 8 . 8/13
awwww Snape hahaha

Showing emotions/affections while keeping an opposite strong reputation of being neutral and non-affectionate takes skills haha

great job author! ;) thank you! this chapter was a wonderful read :)
J'nelle chapter 7 . 8/12
The expression "taste your own remedy" nicely portrayed in the resolving the problem with the Dursleys :)

Interesting to see Snape's inner thoughts/feelings connected somehow to Lily...interested to see what's there.

SilverDragon00 chapter 8 . 8/11
This is the best damn thing omg
BeforeThePrologue chapter 18 . 8/8
This is literally the cutest still I'm gonna die.
BeforeThePrologue chapter 17 . 8/8
I love Snape's inner ramblings!
BeforeThePrologue chapter 15 . 8/8
This is so cute I'm gonna die.
BeforeThePrologue chapter 12 . 8/8
I think Snape is in character.
BeforeThePrologue chapter 10 . 8/7