Reviews for Harry's Birthday Wish
missgsmith51 chapter 22 . 12/3/2013
Cute chapter. I like that Snape is taking the time to reassure Harry the snark is an act, even though they've discussed it.

LOL at Snape running through the halls in his black silk boxers and slippers. That must be kinda chilly in that drafty castle. He's also lucky Peeves didn't notice him. If he had, more than just Minerva might have see him in that racy little outfit! LOL

It seems Hermione has some suspicions about Harry.
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 12/3/2013
Yes, I think both Snape and Harry will have a hard time keeping up the pretense. It will hurt Harry, and it will worry Snape to death.
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 12/3/2013
LOL Loved the prank! It was even funnier because Remus had forgotten about it. It was good of Sev to ask Remus to be Harry's godfather. I guess it truly signifies a cessation (I hope) of hostilities.

Now, for Harry's "maiden trip" on the Hogwarts Express. I'm curious to see what surprises await us there!
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 12/3/2013
The Malfoys. Ugh! They are just so darned unpleasant. I love that you included that little "gesture" Lucius does with his walking stick ... I can just picture it, and I've always considered it such a rude, invasive, and intimidating move. I'm glad Remus stopped him. Draco is just as rude and invasive. Like father, like son, I guess.

I suppose Dumbledore had better buy a few shares of stock in a good camera company to offset his losses over the next few years. hehe
Guest chapter 18 . 12/3/2013
Actually, I think Harry is really a Hufflepuff. All of his life he has wanted to belong and have loyal friends. Harry himself is loyal and loving. I think the more "hands on" Pomona would make a good head of house for him, and I bet he'd get into a lot less trouble there. If I were the Hat, that's probably where I'd have put him.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 12/3/2013
I love Snape's description of his feelings when he realized Harry was flying on Buckbeak: "He then felt like he went into cardiac arrest, while simultaneously having a stroke, which was accompanied with the inability to move, and complicated by a brief panic attack." LOL

Well, Harry once again surprises Snape with his simple ability to forgive. I suppose it's so hard for Snape to accept forgiveness because he himself could win a gold medal if there were an Olympic grudge-holding competition.

We can only hope this means a permanent end to any more starch in Snape's undergarments! ;)
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 12/3/2013
"... since Master Severus has been so nice, Slinky quit starching his underwear to make them soft." **howling with laughter** If his underwear have been starched, no wonder he's snarky! LOL

LOL at Snape getting Harry a Nimbus after criticizing Minerva for being Quidditch-obsessed!
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 12/3/2013
Those "interior dialogues" of Snape's are just too amusing! I loved Snape thrashing the camera, too.

I wonder who the new guardian is ... The Weasleys? After seeing Harry with Snape in Diagonal Alley, it wouldn't surprise me if they offered. I just hope it isn't some Ministry idiot.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 12/3/2013
ROTFLOL Just LOVE those internal arguments!

OMG! I love Snape's reasons for Hagrid and all of the other professors - especially Minerva - not being appropriate to take Harry shopping in Diagonal Alley! It's particularly amusing to watch Dumbledore playing with him in this conversation.

Aha! Albus is just getting him "tuned up" so that, when the time comes he'll be ready to request guardianship. Sneaky, sneaky ...
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 12/3/2013
"How badly had I misjudged this child? Would I have even given him a chance before if I did not come to know him under these circumstances?" There is the question for the ages ... only in reverse.

Since when does Snape NOT like being called Sir? LOL
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 12/3/2013
I think that, if book-Snape had ever truly been privy to the treatment Harry received at the hands of the Dursleys, he might have been somewhat less horrible to him. However, even in the Occlumency sessions, Snape hadn't seen enough of the Dursleys' mistreatment of Harry to correct his misapprehensions. He maintained his shields against Harry ... and the Harry Effect never hit him.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 12/3/2013
"... This insufferable smiling has to cease!" LOLOL

It seems Snape was a bit of a "pet" with Poppy when he was in school, as well. (I'm sure he conveniently forgets this.) **smirk**
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 12/3/2013
I love the way both McGonagall and Snape intimidate the Gargoyle without the password. hehe

Okay, now that I've stopped laughing and dried my eyes ... LOL that went rather smoothly, didn't it? Just as Albus and Minerva planned! Sorry, Snape! hehe
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 12/3/2013
LOL at Lily calling Snape a bat!

So Harry's natural healing abilities are not confined only to himself. Interesting.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 12/3/2013
I love "secretly-sweet-but-snarky" Snape's inner monologues and dialogues. They're so amusing ... especially when he's caught in the act of being sweet!
1,444 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »