Reviews for Soft Shock
Jaywings chapter 5 . 6/9/2014
I should have expected this fic to be this sad... Wow, that is really heartbreaking :( Excellent job on this
BabyCharmander chapter 5 . 5/21/2013
Oh man I remember coming across this fic a long time ago, but I only read part of the beginning and stopped there-I don't know why, though. But I came across a piece of fanart for this fic this morning and finally decided to read it-and I'm glad I did! This was fantastic from beginning to end. Chell's character was excellent, her reactions were perfect, and the whole thing was heartbreaking. I almost cried at the end of chapter four. D:

I really wish I could figure out what else to say here-this is too short a review for such an awesome story. You are an excellent writer!

Definitely gonna check out the sequel later.
spazattack14 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
GAH, all my feels!
Silverstreams chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
Oh my goodness. I just happened to stumble upon this story, and I absolutely lobed it. Couldn't stop reading. It was so beautiful and so wonderful and I loved the way you wrote
Chell and the I loved the atmosphere of this story. You are a wonderful writer, and I hope you never stop.
rubitrightintomyeyes chapter 5 . 8/13/2012
Excellent story, and probably the best confrontation/reunion scene I've read for these two. Folks were discussing underrated Portal fic and this story came up-I can see why. I'm really glad it was pointed out to me.
Gatorgirl4521 chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
This is such a beautiful story. One of, if not the best Portal fanfic I've read. Your portrayal of Chell is amazing. I was nearly in hysterics in the last two chapters. And this seems a fitting end for Wheatley and Chell but I would still love to maybe see a sequel…? ;)

Either way, very very nice story. Brilliantly written and extremely emotional for such a short fanfic. :)
ArhenaRuetto chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
The writing had me at the first chapter. I was hooked after the first few paragraphs and knew this would be good. Your portrayal of Chell is more realistic than any of the others I've encountered so far, as well as her reaction to ever seeing Wheatley again. I love how you haven't made overt mention of names or used a ton of Aperture Science/Portal references.

And now the depressing part. I was in tears at that fourth chapter, as I'm sure everyone who has a soul was as well. Your writing is superb and full of emotion. I just finished reading the fifth chapter and want to cry some more.

I'm an artist by nature and visualize things exceedingly well as I read them. I'm likely going to attempt to draw a scene or two from this story, if that's alright. Let me know if you have any objections.

And please, this can't be the end of this story. Not all stories can end happily, but ...

Arhena
Pumpkin2Face chapter 5 . 6/21/2011
Okay.

This made me cry. Especially the fourth chapter, I was in tears. It was just so good! I don't really know what else to say. oh boy...Wow...just wow. And so well written too! This was truly fantastic to read.
PhiSat chapter 5 . 6/3/2011
Wow, that's not how I expected this to end... Total what now ending...

Thus, a sequel should be written. I request it. No, PhiSat demands it. If PhiSat has any sway over your decision.
My Twins.mine. Love Drew 3 chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
I Love You, Gwen. This is by far the most tormenting thing I've ever read. Angst, pain, it's all so perfectly combined! I WANT MORE! You have created an avid fan right here. By the way... It's Drew, if you didn't know already. lol I Love you, my evil Twin.
5337281 chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
...oh my god. I mean, just... wow.

Um. Wow.

This is beyond words. 3
StarInk10 chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Sequel? Please? :D
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
How is this an epilouge? If anything it sets it up for another chapter! And wheatly NEEDS to come back to life or something!
Souzou the Insane chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Oh my god, that was so sad! This story keeps surprising me with just how depressing it is. Plus that accurate portrayal of just how crushing reality can be. I normally avoid this sort of story, too, but I think I'm just holding out for things to finally improve for poor Chell.
Mystic 777 chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Ah, poor Chell. I can see both sides of the argument about whether she should have seen Wheatley before he went inactive. I do hope Wheatley gets fixed somehow and the misunderstanding is fixed. A great story, I look forward to your sequel.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »