Reviews for They're Only Echoes
EJBRUSH1952 chapter 1 . 2/18
Oh, Brilliant! Perfect! What more is there to say, other than you've got to read this, it will make your day!
Puggle chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Fantastic piece
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
I love it when loud mouth jerks get their comeuppance. Well done.
oakleaf chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Adorable. I enjoyed your interpretation of Sherlock and Sebastian's relationship.
Awesome story, well done!
I Dont Know What Im Doing chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Oh god this story. I have the most wonderful image of Sherlock in his chair, John behind him, their fingers intertwined.

"I am Sherlock Holmes, the World's Only Consulting Detective and I am stupidly happy."

Perfect. Just perfect.
Howlynn chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Love it - and everybody has that clueless Horrible jerk in their past who actually cling to some mistaken still clueless idea that if they were that horrible the first time -LOL - You don't need a second bite to know the food is garbage!

Wonderful cute
DanglingThpider chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I have such a love for fics where John puts Sebastian to rights and this is gorgeous.
emma de los nardos chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Ok, this totally makes up for leaving us hanging in Opening Gambit. I loved john's possessiveness of Sherlock and the way he held up their hands with the rings on them. Yay! And you still convey sherlock's vulnerabilities so well - this was a hard story to read because I couldn't bear to think of him being taken advantage of. I'm glad his present is so much better than his past.
Silkie chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
I really enjoyed this. You are ridiculously good writing AUs that somehow appear in cannon.
HOS70 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Growl – I never liked Sebastian and positively can’t stand him now. So glad that Sherlock has so much better taste in men now! Also very glad for Sherlock that he managed to trust John enough to give physical love a second chance after the horrid experience he’s had with that wa... I mean, banker.

I love your description of John when he joins Sherlock at the coffee shop. The subtle distinction between being pleasant and being friendly – so spot on. I can see his face right before me.

Oh, also loved Sherlock’s SMS to John at the beginning of your story. So typical.

Uh oh, why do I think Sebastian will be in sooo much trouble if/when John finds out about what happened at uni?
NiPaH-CHaN37 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Every single story I've read of yours makes me smile.

Like, a huge ridiculously happy, giggly smile.

It's so difficult to capture Sherlock's style of thought and you really did a fantastic job. I just love this story, really there's no other way to put it.
tutriceange chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I really liked this story. I think you did a wonderful job! I always felt like there was more to the story of Sebastian and Sherlock than we are shown in the Blind Banker.

This was brilliant! Although, now you've made me curious on to how Sherlock would approach that subject with John and how John would react (possible sequel?). :)

But you did a wonderful job! I loved it!
ScopesMonkey chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I really, really enjoyed this. I thought you did a great job dealing with the narrative from Sherlock's perspective, because it's not an easy mind to get into, let alone to follow around that intimately. I laughed at his text message to John (very in character) and I was surprised by the revelation of his horrible experience with Sebastian (surprised in a good way and felt terrible for him). I like John's instinctive protectiveness and the fact that they caught him. Sebastian always seemed slimy to me ;) I, too, would very much like to see Sherlock tell John the story and John's reaction, if you are ever interested in writing it. I enjoyed this!

Also: beach in Fiji! Let me know if you ever figure out how to get there writing fanfic ;)

Cheers!

SM
Kestrella chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Sweet and cuddly overall :) It's one of those stories I pull up when I need to make myself feel better for whatever reason. I can just picture John being all quietly protective of Sherlock. It's an attitude that really suits him and which in my mind is somehow associated with those knitted sweaters. I also love Sherlock passing the time by quickly deducing the life stories of everyone around him, and the many inferences that can be made from something as simple as "where I am waiting for *my* John". That sentence alone makes me smile.

Minor quip: it's adolescence, not adolescents. Not really an issue, but it does bother me a little every time I read this otherwise perfect fic (no I don't have OCD, spelling errors just make me itchy P).
Angel-Castiel chapter 1 . 5/28/2011