Reviews for Numb and Cold
Aiko Isari chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
A Juri fic! I couldn't help but jump on it.

You don't hold back blows in this piece. The description of her mother’s hand is chilling, but stark because it's clear that is what Juri will remember best, even years later.

The cold seems like it could have seeped in from the room, I always think hospitals are cold. I wonder if all Juri is going to remember of her mother is that touch, like the gloves of the nurse.

Now that I have sat here a minute, I realize this is that flashback in the anime. Wow I feel dumb.

I love how she searches for the warmth, because that is the most standout sensation in her mind. But she can't find it here, can't find her mother, no matter how hard she looks. She tries to find the heat again, in a long search of the rest of her life, until she has Leomon, and then loses him too. He also can't come back.

This is a real lowerful drabble. Well done. Vatch you later remi!
MitzvahRose chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Wow... just... wow
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
That actually makes a lot of sense. I always did think that the way she behaved had its roots in her mother's death.
FireFairy219 chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Amazing reflection. And when you think about the fact that Leomon was her partner (okay, it's probably a reference to her courage in the first place), you could count him as one of those metaphorical heaters as well, because the association lion-fire isn't that far away, is it?