Reviews for Good Breeding
Freyalyn chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Sweet and thoughtful story, nicely written. Thank you for sharing.
Janeplay chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
What a lovely story about Sybil! Just the practical way I have imagined her, time and time again; yet with a big soft streak (to be horrified at deliberately breeding humans like her dragons) that makes her so loved by Sam. Thank you!
handymelon chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Loved this, aomh!

Fabulous detail in the bit about breeding dragons and the ailments and genetic faults, and I chuckled a bit in the section about the hazards of transporting dragons!

Also chuckled at the thought of the poor young cocks exploding - was that *meant* to sound a bit smutty, or am I just irredimable filthied from my association with TRA?

And the ending was "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" time.

Good to know that Sybil - and you - love Sam as much as I do! :-)

More please...
Skay-39 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Excellent story ! I always regret that Pratchett doesn't spent more time in lady Sybil's head. This is totally the character, and I like your parallel between her weeding with Vimes and dragon's breeding.
lilgreenmomo chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Thoroughly enjoyable stuff! Very atmospheric and evocative writing; and the details concerning dragon breeding were excellent
Quen Galad chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
A most enjoyable reading indeed.

I like how you don't try to imitate Pratchett - no forced footnotes, semi-witticisms, remarks about quantum and all those clumsy "techniques" people try much too often to achieve the impossible.

Your Lady Sybil is just right, especially when she refuses to feel sorry for herself. And the small insight into dragon breeding was really interesting and felt most accurate. I can see all this happening.

Thanks for sharing.
Twist chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Yay, Sybil fic! She doesn't get enough attention. And this was a very . . . cozy story. The writing, the train of thought, everything put you right there in the warm library with her thinking about dragon breeding lol. I do wonder if you are a breeder of some kind of animal because you seem to have a good grasp of the lingo, but that could easily be from good research too. Either way, good job! Thanks for the story. :)
Loten chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
I imagine the nobility of Ankh-Morpork would be horrified at the thought that Vimesy's common blood could improve the bloodlines! I can definitely see Sybil thinking about it in those terms, though.