Reviews for The Smell of Rain
Mine Alice chapter 1 . 2/1
Intelligent, Outstanding, Unbelievable
(very deliberate word choice there, by the way)
What happened to Moriarty? Or the snipers?
librarywitch chapter 1 . 1/3
Well done. One of the joys of fanfiction is that we can explore all the possibilities.
beccaspad chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
d'awwww
calliopechild chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Oh, this was lovely. As mean as it would be to John and Sherlock, I've always hoped the bomb would have ended up going off; the way that episode actually ended seemed horribly anticlimactic to me. So your version is pretty much exactly how I would have liked to see the episode go. Your shattered!Sherlock and protective!Lestrade were both fantastic, and I loved this to bits. The only way it could have been better would be if it was followed by some Sherlock-feels as he visits John and makes an utter nuisance of himself by refusing to leave.

Again, wonderful job on this, and thanks for a great read.
xheartkreuzx chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
this was fantastic! thank you for writing it!
RiverSong11 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Lovely story.
FlyingLovegood123 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Watson will live. But he didn't, or is this in another world . . . where John did live? Good story.
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Loved this to bits. Very very well done :)
Lady Sam Mallory chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Nicely written. I enjoyed the read immensely. Thanks for sharing it.

LSM

Wonderful story. xx
enchanted nightingale chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Loved it!
charliebrown1234 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Amazing. You write so beautifully that I feel like my mind has been blown. But as it is very late at night/early in the morning I'm just going to say that you are a fantastic writer and I'll go read all your stuff when it's daylight. :)

charliebrown1234
Cainchan chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
hey my dear writer!

I am glad that with my comments to your other stories I made your day :-) but you also made my day with your wonderful stories about Sherlock and Lestrade. So I have to thank you for your wonderful and well written stories. Especially this one – The smell of Rain – was wonderful and sad and so full of emotion. I may sound like a broken record but I love the hurt/comfort aspect of this story and Lestrade taking care of Sherlock. It is wonderful how he handle the fragile, bony, stubborn detective, who must be in such a great pain because of the recent events. I love how Lestrade knew how he needs to handle Sherlock, how to treats his wounds and I especially love the scene in the bathroom where Sherlock faints and nearly vomits and John tries to comfort him and makes things better. 3 Lestrade is so much to Sherlock, a friend, a brother, even possible lover (even though I see Sherlock as an asexual figure) and a father figure, he never had. I think Sherlocks father was not the ideal one, in my opinion I ever thought that he abused his son badly and that his mother also did not care for this awkward, quiet, creepy child and his brother Mycroft, although he cared so much for Sherlock was not defending him and so the disliking of each other between Mycroft and Sherlock grow, because Sherlock blamed Mycroft for not protecting him against his father, who wanted to beat some sense in this child. So because of his family background it is so nice to have someone to look after the social awkward detective. I love how you write him, especially when Sherlocks control slips and he has to let Lestrade taking control over the situation. I also love it when we see a little bit of the vulnerability which Sherlock buried deep inside him. I kind of like the thought that only Lestrade could see this side of Sherlock. I also liked how you showed the relationship between Lestrade and Sherlock, their banter, their familiarity. I always thought that Sherlock and Lestrades relationship is more powerful and more benefiting for Sherlocks social awkward character because Lestrade is much more a stubborn person as John and can stand up against the detective while Sherlock and John are friends, Lestrade is much more a protector a anchor in Sherlocks eventful life. He can see behind the emotionless mask Sherlock has build up possible in his childhood. Finally I would love to read a long multi-chapter story from you. I love long stories especially when they are well written and with a good plot. It would be such a great pleasure to read it. Thank you for sharing your stories. Really. Your writing is amazing.

yours Cain

ps.: sorry for my bad English, it is not my first language.