Reviews for The Fountain
winterkaguya chapter 7 . 4/8
Nice...some kind of history behind Shua and Scar yeah? I guess this is where Dejan and Naisha met right? I kind of wonder, how old are they in here? I mean, how far different Dejan and Naisha? Interesting read tho...
Miss Rock chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
I been enjoying the Sons of the Desert series, especially the ones about Ishvala and Scar, like this one. But this one ended too soon. I want to know Dejan's story all the way. I want to learn how on earth he and Katri managed to have a daughter, how he survived and she died, how he gathered the cousins and other youngsters up and got them out of Isvala so they survived, and how they managed to make a living during the 6 years of exile. And they would have seen the Wanted posters for Scar also. After you finish the Prince story (which is very good but you had better no allow General Armstrong to kill that kid, he deserves better than her merciless scheming!) could you please consider writing this story? Then writing Shua's story, his trip to Xing and the coast would be facinating. Your OC's are as good as the Canon characters. Thank you.
Faliara chapter 7 . 1/30/2014
I nearly fell in love with Dejan.

(Just figuratively, of course, I mean I really like this kid, of course I don't like him in that way. Duuuuuude. ._.)

Seriously, it's awesome! I could hug you! I wonder if Andakar (this is now my headcanon real name for Scar) ever met Dejan, Shua and Katri again. Should I ask about Katri? I don't really know what to say about her...
Etaleah chapter 7 . 7/6/2013
Perfection as always! :)

Oh the drama...this really makes me think about what Shua would be like if Olivier died... 0.0 I wonder if he'd go back to being like this or if he would just move on.

I love this. Shua is irresistible as always, and Dejan is so good-natured and seems to have a lot of his father in him. I could definitely see Scar being like this before Ishval went to hell too.

Only why doesn't Shua have a last name? I never quite got that part. And what does "baata" mean?
steel-trap chapter 7 . 5/22/2013
This was fantastic! I adore the Ishval and the people that you've created, they're incredibly vivid and I'm growing quite attached to them. I was wondering how the Shua you introduced in this story would become the Shua we all know and love in Sons of the Desert ;)

Great work!
RemaSofiRuin chapter 7 . 5/13/2013
Yes! I like that the time skip at the end gave the story a proper conclusion and hinted at a lot of what is to come in Sons of the Desert. It is great to see Shua acting like he should, happy and free-spirited, but I wish there was just a bit more of this story. It's one of those things where you turn the last page and say "It can't be over! I just started!". Oh well, it was great while it lasted!
Molly Grace 16 chapter 7 . 5/11/2013
I was wondering how you would wrap this one up. It was a good ending.
AngelofMusic8578 chapter 7 . 5/11/2013
Wow, that was great. I was hoping to see Dejan's ceremony where his dad gives him his chuva, but all in all I'm quite happy with this one. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Desert Dove Hotel story now :)
AngelofMusic8578 chapter 6 . 5/10/2013
Wow, that was so emotional! I'm glad that Shua has finally let his emotions out, but will this be the end of the family's troubles? We all know that Shua has a slight drinking problem, and I get the feeling that it's not happily ever after for the family just yet. I've also been wondering if Rada or Stanno will make an appearance. It would be interesting to see what these characters were like before the war, and to see how Andakar acts around the woman he secretly loves but can't have. Please, please, write on! :)
rao hyuga 18 chapter 6 . 5/8/2013
Great chapter!
Weirdo-Lover chapter 6 . 5/7/2013
These two updates were fantastic! I really teared up during the ceremony! Wow. Shua is such a character. It's crazy seeing his past and even learning from it. You're so good at character development! It's why I keep following your works! You did good.
RemaSofiRuin chapter 6 . 5/7/2013
This is going to be good! The funeral was perfect in it's solemnity but I always love seeing Andakar being scornful of others for their stupidity, and you know there has to be at least a few drunks in a seedy tavern! Thanks for this one and I can't wait until next time!
Molly Grace 16 chapter 6 . 5/7/2013
Great chapter. The funeral thing had a real solemn dignity to it.
RemaSofiRuin chapter 5 . 4/30/2013
I am so happy you updated! It literally has made my day as I have been struggling through Slaughterhouse Five all afternoon. This was the perfect escape from my work and probably my favorite chapter yet. I am also anxiously awaiting updates on your other Ishval story and hope you don't stay stuck for too long. Till next time!
AngelofMusic8578 chapter 5 . 4/29/2013
Yay! I'm so glad you started working on this one again! OMG, what a way to end it though! I hope you update again soon, I can't wait to read about Andakar beating the arrogance right out of Shua!