Reviews for The Celestial's Song Bird
Warlock of the Yuri Coven chapter 3 . 6/2
This and the second one were fun chapters too, nice slice-of-life sort of feel to them. Also, I feel Mystia's pain and betrayal in the beginning, highly relatable!

As a note, these chapters are the sort of thing that would be fun to see animated.
Warlock of the Yuri Coven chapter 1 . 5/25
A very promising set-up and first chapter, congratulations! ...a few years late seeing that you've published it in May '11 and I'm pretty sure I've read this before, before registering on the site, obviously. I faintly recall things from this but not too clearly so it's exciting to return to it after noticing it updated recently.

It's notoriously hard to find enjoyable Touhou fics that would keep somewhat to canon but not follow it slavishly and most importantly not include the horrors of self-inserts, original (especially male) characters and/or completely out-of-character characters. Wow, that came out smoothly. Anyways, I seem to remember and hope this tale was devoid of such ills and will now shut up and enjoy!
Nyan-chan desu chapter 17 . 5/25
The ending is nice and fits Mystia and Tenshi's personalities well. Though I am still a bit confused with the whole vapoursing Momiji thing, does that ever get resolved? Anyway some little spelling errors (e.g No Now) here and there but not enough to turn off reading. Great job! Nya!
Omegahugger chapter 16 . 4/24
And since this story has re-emerged, SO HAS I!

Funny story, nowadays I rarely check the email I have attached to my FFN account and largely rely on other sites for fanfics, so it was mainly a stroke of luck that I saw this update.
"Hmm, it's been a while since I checked for any new Touhou stories... Wait, has there really been no Romance-tagged fics since The Celestial's Song-Oh..."

Still, for a 'getting back in the swing of things' update this certainly didn't show it. I reread the story from the beginning (because I can hardly remember what happened last week, much less four years ago) and the only thing that really separated this chapter from the others was the length. And of course the amount of flirting, but that just comes with the chapter material.

And yeah, Touhou has made some advancements that de-faiths a lot of fanfics. Thankfully, youkai aren't that faithful in general so we're free to ignore that!
(I hate to imagine what has happened to the Lunarian-focused fanfics of yesteryear...)

Not much else to say about this chapter. It was nice and cute, and that's what we wanted to see anyways!

So write on! You've done some good work here and I'm happy to see it alive again! And if the projects, exams and other RL noise gets in the way, don't worry. Even if for some reason it takes five years for the next update, I'll be here to review it.
Nyan-chan desu chapter 16 . 4/23
I'm really happy with this start of chapter 16, I can't wait to see what happens next! Keep believing in yourself and if ya don't others will believe in you! Keep it up! Nya!

"Believe in yourself. Not the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." -Kamina
Nyan-chan desu chapter 15 . 3/26
Please please PLEASE continue this! This story has been amazing so far! I would love to see these two finally come together. Please resume it! Nya!
WeirdRaptor chapter 14 . 6/26/2014
I kinda have to side with Tenshi in the whole Tenshi vs. Momiji thing. As a professional who ended up having to deal with an angry, hysterical person who thinks that she did horrible things to Mysteria, her own actions did nothing to dissuade the celestial from continuing to think that.
Mizuki00 chapter 15 . 8/23/2013
Now you need to UPDATE! Date arc! Are feelings to be confessed and returned?

GAH! More!
Mizuki00 chapter 3 . 8/22/2013
Gensokyo is not bound by common sense. Simple as that...
Mizuki00 chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Whoo! Crack-pairing! I welcome all Yuri pairings! I like how you write and it seems that I'll stay till then end...
Omegahugger chapter 15 . 6/29/2013
This is where it truly begins! Now, sleep with thi- Sorry, that last part has become a reflex.

Actually, I expect to see us in our twilight years, when we recount this epic tale of love and lampreys to our grandchildren, mention this as the pivoting point, the exact moment in time when the fates of both songbird and celestial were forever intwined.

Okay, more to the point, this was a good chapter. However, I feel like you've somehow managed to raise the bar on your own writing. Okay, that might be a bit confusing, but to be honest, even I am confuzzled by the feeling I get from this chapter. The writing is just as good as you usually do (if not better), but I kinda feel like it wasn't enough here. Which is weird, I know.

I usually praise your pacing, and to be fair, it is still ten times better than what is usually found around here. Despite this, I feel like Tenshi's confession was rather sudden. Not in a conversational sense (... well, it was sudden like that as well), but we never get any hints that she has planned anything. Heck, up until that point, we didn't even know that Tenshi knew that she had fallen for Mystia. Perhaps if you had shown how Futo's story affected her, it would have come as less of a surprise.

Speaking of Futo, she was a surprise as well. On the other hand, she fit well into the story, and seeing someone speak old english is always nice. She also helped move the story along and presumeably allowed Tenko to gather her thoughts and examine her feelings.

The small language notes at the end are also fun to read. If you ever need an OC, try making it speak entirely in Esperanto, could be fun. I would like to comment that the word "sky", at least in danish, actually means "cloud", and not "sky/heaven". Those are both "Himmel", which sounds like it came from German to me. I know that this doesn't matter (and that you'll probably correct me as you know more about this than I do), but I cannot help but comment when I see something like that

(Note: Omegahugger does not condone needless OCs in any way. Please consult your doctor before use)

Also, only two chapters left? I know that it isn't my story, and I don't know how you plan to handle it, but it seems like a bit too little time to me. I cannot see how it could avoid getting rushed like that. However, I also feel that we have two different ideas of how/when this tale is going to end, so I'll just sit back and what your genius work. (besides, the last time I convinced an author to extent his fic longer than he intended, it turned from an above-average story with tons of potential to one of the worst fanfics I've read)

So write on! You've come this far, so no going out and leaving poor Myschi and Chiko-chan in the dust at this point!

P.S. I apologise for the delay. I had some technical difficulties and other distractions. For some reason, I have a hard time writing reviews when my little sister is around.
JoergenJetsam chapter 14 . 6/7/2013
No, Tenshi, don't be discouraged by Suika!

Other than that , nice chapter. I really, really love this pairing, at least in this work.
DschingisKhan chapter 14 . 5/1/2013
Fun, so far. Tenko doesn't get much proper attention so I don't mind slow updates. She's maturing fairly well; it's rather believable as far as Touhou goes. Write when you are able; your readers will wait.
JustYui chapter 14 . 4/14/2013
I'm always pleased to spread interests and ideas in the world :)

That aside, the Myouren crew is my favorite group in Touhou, so seeing them in this chapter with Mystia (who had her own tsundere-esque moments here) and Tenshi was very refreshing, and it was a great "welcome back to the web" for me that this had a new chapter.

The casual humor and mellow plotline with action moments shows in this chapter, it seems, and while alcoholic Shou is still something I'm trying to adjust to, it's a pretty neat idea. More than the hungry Shou I usually find and envision when digging around, at least, since it's the first I've heard of it :)

Lastly, the only thing that bugged me here was that Suika didn't think of bringing Yuugi and Iku to party like onis again. Man, Tenshi seeing Iku all slobbering drunk like that...lulz would be had. And of course, the funniest and cutest part of this fic was Kogasa. It's always nice to see the youkai moe again
Omegahugger chapter 14 . 4/8/2013
Wahahaha, look at all the chapters! Truly this s a glorious time!

Someone get me a Parsee, 'cause I'm jealous of the jealousTenshi-chan's cuteness! (- That is your "Your pacing is great" for the week)

And Choujuu Gigaku finally gets mentioned. I thought about nominating it or "next idea", but when I reached that part of the review, I had forgotten. ' Of course, we didn't get to see anything done, but I assume that happens in the next chapter.

Also: Momiji was struck by a TENSHI BEAM! Part of me wants to comment on how it technically isn't a laser, but Nitori has no way of knowing that (unless she has gotten her hands on Marisa's Grimoire, of course), so my nitpicking soul will just have to shut up. It was also good to see my comments be heard (whether it was deliberate or not)

I am running out of words, so II'll wrap up soon. It does make sense to worry about chapter length, as it has an impact on how the story is read. Every time you change a chapter, it takes you out of the experience, even moreso on a webpage than in a book. On the other hand, too long chapters can be overwelming for the reader as there are "in chapter bookmarks", so if the page suddenly closes,finding were you left off can be hard. That being said, I don't think you are anywhere near any of those problems. C:

So write on! Don't worry about the small details, because your instincts are good enough to bypass them!

P.S. A hurt Tenshi's cute too.