Reviews for The Road Not Taken
Awesomeness!
misherukuro chapter 22 . 1/21
Great first year. ,
KK chapter 18 . 1/8
I love how you make it so that Harry can't do things the same way twice and I think you have quite a bit planned for later years but right now it almost seems a bit like you don't have much planned to change the plot.
And I just have a pet-peeve of mine that I've noticed you using more and more as time goes on. When stories replace Ron with another male best friend of Harry, especially when they aren't too fond of Ron and then turn around and have the replacement use all of Ron's best dialog. Yes I know it's really good, and he comes up with some great lines but lets face it: Ron's the one who said that. Just making someone Harry's best friend doesn't mean that Draco or Neville etc would say the exact same thing. In this story it would be reasonable to see Harry saying something he remembered but otherwise, please don't throw in so many quotes by Ron said by another character. (I've been slightly traumatized since I read a story where Ron was evil and Draco was the bees-knees but almost everything that Draco said was identical to what Ron said in cannon. So please excuse my irritation.)
Fast Frank chapter 19 . 12/29/2014
The projectiles shot from crossbows are called, "bolts".
Hot Tamale chapter 7 . 12/12/2014
Hermione's pushiness and bossiness is not really an endearing character trait. Harry's willing to tolerate it because he knows she has other traits that make up for it. Others, that don't know her...well, it makes sense that they would be put off by her. If she wants to study, good for her. But telling Harry to read ahead, and when he doesn't, jumping from studying together to a study group to a study club to announcing it to fellow Gryffindors is a bit much. They haven't even had a class yet...

She really doesn't know how to relate to her peers. Earlier, when Draco called their method of transport to Hogwarts 'plebian', Hermione is the one that went on the attack. His responses weren't nice, but neither were hers. She started the fight, she's the first one to make disparaging remarks about the other, she's the one that physically attacked, yet Draco was the only one to apologize. Frankly, I was a bit disappointed that Harry didn't ask her to apologize as well.

Overall, I like your story. Just wanted to communicate my reactions to this and the earlier chapter. I'm looking forward to see where you take us, on this 'alternative' path re-do.
The Lost Rogue chapter 22 . 12/1/2014
This was awesome! Snape's stalkerish tendencies were a little creepy though xD
soyandwindows chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
After finishing this fic, I was surprised by how much I loved it! And to think I almost didn't get past the first chapter because I couldn't get over how there was a bad guy named Hammerstein ...
E.Goode chapter 22 . 11/1/2014
Excellent story! I like your Harry so much. So determined & so resourceful. I just wish I could see a way he can have his children again.
jennakat01 chapter 22 . 9/25/2014
Oh my goodness. I can't even! I haven't checked your profile yet but if you don't have a sequel I'm gonna be pissed. I just love this so much! Harry is just so in character and so are all the other characters. Usually I don't like Hermione as a main character but you made her amazing! Then I love the incorporation of Nott. Does he think Harry's a seer or something? I also love Draco's and Hagrid's relationship. I've never seen that done before and I seriously adore it. I also really like how Snape is figuring out Harry's abuse. Snape is my favorite character and the only reason why he hated Harry so much was because he for one, thought Harry was spoiled, and two thought he was just like his father. He also reminded Snape of what he could have had. Anywho, I just would love to see Snape trying to help Harry out. Ugh, there's so much I wanna put here! Just know I read all of this in one sitting and am dying for more. The plot was amazing, enough differences from the actual canon to make it feel like I wasn't just reading J.K Rowling's series again, even though its great. If I'm reading fanfiction I wanna read something different ya know? Oh, and I always felt like there wasn't enough of the Weasley twins. I'm happy they're main people in the story and that they'll soon figure out Harry's abused. I also enjoyed the Ginny Bashing. I've always disliked Ginny, so when she's well liked in a story it automatically turns me off. Anywho, I'm looking forward to the sequel, and hopefully you'll have every book in the series written! :D

-Have a wonderful existence.
Tom Riddle Minor chapter 22 . 9/10/2014
Very good! in fact, one of the best - if not the best - "What-if" I've read at all in the years I've browsed the ff world. I'm certainly looking forward to the sequel!
erinacea chapter 22 . 8/9/2014
That was amazing! I guess I was wrong on all three counts, though I still go with option b). I don't think Harry's going to marry Ginny this time around. If there never was any love between them and the kids aren't even his, what's the point? (If we're realistic, the entire future generation will be replaced by other children due to the butterfly effect, but for the sake of Harry's mental well-being, I go with Ginny hooking up with Wood and Harry being able to see his kids grow up safe and happy from afar.)

I'd love to read more. Great story! :D
erinacea chapter 21 . 8/9/2014
Huh? I don't get it. Why has Harry stopped even trying to keep his time travel a secret?! I'm confused.

I can see three ways for things to end now:

a) Harry tells his friends and Dumbledore and they start working together at weaving small changes. The thing is, for some reason I can't help thinking that that would be a really bad idea. Like the magic wouldn't like that at all.

b) Harry gives up his memories and continues his life as normal. He hasn't had much of an active role in recreating events lately, yet things still ended up as needed to be. The most recent occurrence was with deciding to go for the stone right away, but that's something he would have done anyway even if he had not remembered. All this telling people about the next challenge has had no actual impact on the way they progress through the puzzles. I guess it'll work out. The future has already been changed significantly with Draco siding with halfbreeds and muggleborns and even admiring Muggle technology, and with Neville growing into his self-confidence and leadership qualities early, and with Harry having as keen advisers as his four friends at his side. Still... would he give up the chance of manipulating the future to ensure his children will be born?

c) Harry somehow gets transported back into his own time and gets to see how things have changed for the better. (That would be the only option of the three that would not be open-ended, but it also seems really, really improbable...)
erinacea chapter 20 . 8/9/2014
Whoa, secrets are spilling out everywhere you look... Is Nott getting the right idea? (But how? The whole situation is just ludicrous...) I'm really happy about Draco's development!

Doesn't Harry volunteering to go alone (with pretty much the same speech as last time around) be considered a breech against the spell's rules?
erinacea chapter 19 . 8/9/2014
Huh. Was it a good or a bad thing that Harry confided in the centaurs? Seems like a good thing, but does the spell (or whatever it is) agree?

On the topic of confiding in people, why is Harry so insistent they don't tell Dumbledore? He knows that Dumbledore would listen. Or would he just pretend that everything is alright to make things go according to plan and force Harry into a confrontation with Voldemort?
erinacea chapter 18 . 8/9/2014
*giggle* Draco bonding with Hagrid is too cute. Going to become a dragon handler, is he? He's certainly got the name for it. :)

But... oh, Ron. *sighs*