Reviews for Crimson Stains
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2016
please continue pleaseeeeeeee
Ann Aseera chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Oh, God, I love this story *-*

I'm not very goo in English, but I will try writte a review xD

I love this pairing, I don't know how there are people who don't love them... They are perfect, and in this time more.

Please, I request you, continue D:

PD: A little corrections.

For the Mosquito Coast, I think would be 'Por la Costa de los Mosquitos'. And Englishman, is only 'Inglés', but if you want he say that pejoratively, it could be 'inglesito' or something :)
spida-dwag16 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Please continue! XD
foREVerhauntingme chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Iiiinterestng...
Dionnysia chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
This is a great story. Your strong writing skills make reading it quite enjoyable. I hope you are able to get another chapter up soon. It is exciting to see these sides of England and Spain!
The Antique Beast chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
So, I opened this fic with my checklist out:

Use of real historical location; check.

Satisfying naval combat, including the mention of grappling hooks; check.

Proper respective weaponry; check. (Although I should note, a real swordfight would have been very brief and is not like the dickslapping we see in movies, but for the sake of theatrics I can understand. Lol. I also enjoy some understanding of the blade mechanics; Spanish destreza was known to be quite deadly since it was heavily based on mathematics, but even moreso because it was a technique that made use of range. Cue English swordsman George Silver, who was pissed enough to create a broadsword technique specifically to combat rapier users. Lol. But in the end of course, it all depended on who was the better swordsman.)

Anyway, the first Anglo-Spanish war did end in a draw (well, more like it dwindled out) so I'm glad that this wasn't written with such heavy emphasis on Spain's armada, which he refitted anyway after the 1588 event. I think if I had any sole complaint about this fic, it would be the English-Spanish switching in the narration, for example: "He would settle for no less than the spilling of all of Inglaterra's blood upon the deck." Since the fic is written in English, I just feel it largely unnecessary to use Spanish other than for place names or Antonio's dialogue; yes darling, we know you are Spanish and awesome. ;)

All in all, wonderful job authors. If it had included a little bit more time spent on the fashion of the period, I would have jizzed (but I realize not everyone is a fashion designer/has an unhealthy obsession with period clothing as I do. I'm probably the only person in this fandom who knows what the hell a picadil is, OTL). I look forward to more from the two of you.
Azurey Skies chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I absolutely love this story. I really like how you played with the history. Please update soon.
ll-epicfailz-ll chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
FINALLY. A PROMISING AND AMAZINGLY WRITTEN PIRATE ERA FIC. I absolutely loved it, I had gotten so sick of reading about Inglaterra always winning and España being the teary eyed bastard.

Simply magnifcent as to how both of you protrayed the characters and the imagery was just stunning. I was never bored and i could not put this down- at all.

I loved the chase scene and the determination both characters seem to be lacking, both of you brought it out very finely.

I simply can't wait for chapter two.

-Celeste
Captain Cross chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
FINALLY, A PROMISING HETALIA PIRATE FIC! Spain is neither a pussy or an incorrigible bastard, and England isn't uke-supreme or Beelzebub-incarnate. YOU GUYS HAVE GOT CHEMISTRY AND BALANCE OF THESE GUYS! I look forward to reading more of this and eagerly await chapter 2. Keep true to your course and this very well could rank up there among the best of the best of period Hetalia fics. *salutes* I'll be faithfully reading!

CC
KitakLaw chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
This story looks amazing so far! I love the amount of detail you included here, yet you were able to keep the fast pace that would be required of an action scene. Here's looking forward to reading more :)
Dokyo chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
I love how you display the characters. They're both partly insane, rivaling and pretty much equal, and I prefer this so much over a weak and crying Spain. Please keep on writing on this story~

I can't wait for a new chapter~
yoong chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I like this characteristic of Antonio: strong, dangerous, passionate to the brink of madness-an equally matched rival to Arthur. You did a brilliant job so far! Can't wait for more! *thumbs up*
SoulxKeeper chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
If you don't write the next chapter soon, I'm gonna grab Spain's cutlass, and put it to your throat while you write it. ().

In short, I love this story and I/we/all want you to carry it on ;u;

Don't leave us hanging~ 3
xnteax chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
I never really review stories, but this kept me entertained all the way; I really, really want to see what happens next. Spain and England at this time play each other off well, I think and you've done a stellar job on their characterisation. I really did like the comparison you made when England was thinking about his losses and how the difference between Empire and human was pronounced. The use of "loss of assets" to describe the crew was quite chilling.
The Magdeline chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I read this story a few days ago, but you weren't accepting 'Anonymous Reviews'. :) I'm glad you are now, as I do not have an account here.

I've been looking for a great Pirate!Hetalia story for ages, and I think I've finally found one! I love how integrated the use of poetry, history, and imagery are here. The way you two (yes, I read the Authors Notes) wrote Spain and England is awesome, and the fight scene had me on the edge of my seat (I rarely see fanfics where England seems to be on the loosing end, and when he blew up the ships my jaw dropped). Even more shocking is how strongly written you guys have done Spain's character...I've never seen him so dark~its exciting! This is such a fantastically woven tale and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Faithfully reading,