Reviews for The Things We Do
HAFanForever chapter 8 . 5/17/2012
Yes, Arnold and Helga have Rhonda to thank for them getting together. :) I can see that she and Harold would be among the kids who would tease Arnold and Helga about them being a couple, and they surely wouldn't understand it, either.

I'm sure Harold is mad that the prank didn't go the way he wanted it to, namely with Helga humiliating herself and Arnold turning her away for good.

Ah, so that was Harold's end of the deal if the prank had succeeded: kissing Rhonda! And of course, Rhonda would be repulsed and say no, just like she would with Curly! And if Harold tried to say out loud that Rhonda likes him, she would just shut him up...kind of like she did "Egg Story" regarding the Cheese Festival. XD

Oh well, at least our favorite couple is together. :D

Awesome story here, Jill!
HAFanForever chapter 7 . 5/17/2012
So while Arnold tells Helga all that happened the night before, the one thing that horrifies her the most (except for Harold cheating) is that she told Arnold she loves him...while under the influence. I guess she feels that by now, he's going to be repulsed, but what happens next is what she never expected him to do!

It's clear Helga feels she doesn't deserve Arnold by telling him that she is a basket case, but then Arnold tells her the truth about what he sees in her. Now that they're older, a second confession from Helga would likely make Arnold realize that she's perfect for him. Helga would just defend herself with sarcasm, but she'd be in total joy over this. At least that's why she needs Arnold: so he can help her come out of her shell (even though she doesn't want to), come to terms with who she really is, and let her know she shouldn't have to be scared to be herself around him or others, though she can be assertive and aggressive when necessary.

Nice and sweet to this chapter for this couple! :D
HAFanForever chapter 6 . 5/17/2012
I could see Helga calling Phoebe once Arnold leaves the room, and then have recollection of what happened before she got drunk. But then after the mention of the kiss, then she could remember what else all happened. I'm sure she's so mortified, and I bet she thinks they did the unthinkable... XD

I bet she recalls the memory of the first time he said he liked her bow when he says it here again. ;)

Oh man, I laughed so hard when she cries, "Did we have sex?" and his response! XD I know Helga would think that would happen while she's drunk. And yes, she wants to do it with him, but that wouldn't have been the best of time to do so. :D I know she's embarrassed now about asking since she and Arnold know something it's that teens and adults do, but that she distrusted Arnold's judgment of her this way. It's true; he never would take advantage of her like that.

Let's hope things turn out for the best and that she won't be hard on him. He was trying to help her, after all.
HAFanForever chapter 5 . 5/17/2012
I expected Helga to wake up at one point with discomfort in her stomach. But luckily she has someone helping her. ;)

Anyway, when she wakes up in the morning, she won't have much recollection of the night before, so she'd wonder why she's in Arnold's room in his bed...and right next to him. XD

But Arnold's willing to tell her what happened, so he thinks they should talk over breakfast. And Helga, of course, would be surprised by his offer, but secretly be over the moon. :)
HAFanForever chapter 4 . 5/17/2012
I figured Phoebe would call and Arnold would answer, though Helga would take from him and talk weirdly since she's still drunk. And Phoebe's right about Helga needing attention until she's better, especially since she and no one is at her home to help her. I know that Arnold would feel a little burdened by this, but he knows it wouldn't be right to abandon her. Kind of like how he felt obligated to help her in "Beaned," though Gerald said he didn't have to and could ignore her. BTW, I figured Gerald would be with Phoebe, since he wasn't mentioned at the party. ;)

At Arnold's house, I know his grandparents wouldn't mind Helga being there, but for the teens to get undressed is something that would make Arnold uncomfortable, especially since Helga isn't acting sensible. Heck, I kind of wonder if her zipper is really stuck, or if she is making an excuse for Arnold to look at her body more closely. XD

When Arnold left briefly, I figured would go out by the skylight and up onto his roof. And seeing the shooting star would make her wish for nothing more than Arnold to love her back. I figured she would confess to him while in this state, and on another rooftop. I know Arnold would be stunned, but maybe not freaked out like he was the first time. And kind of like the last, while I think he would be flattered, now's not the best time to give her an answer. Being the do-gooder he still is, he doesn't want to take advantage of her in this state. I love his gesture here, though, of hugging her and kissing her forehead, then telling her good night.

BTW, I had seen this chapter was left for me on my birthday last year on dA, and I never read and reviewed since I didn't have the chance to read prior chapters, so I just wanted to say thank you! :D
HAFanForever chapter 3 . 5/17/2012
Count on Arnold to still do the right thing by going to the party and declining alcohol, but making sure his friends get home safe. And then...who better than him to step in to the "drinking contest" and see what's happened to Helga? Man, he really does care about her, more than himself, since he is willing to drag out of the party after seeing what has become of her from drinking too much.

And I love how described what Helga is doing and saying to him in her drunk state, by acting giddy, giggling uncontrolably, and kissing Arnold. I know that being drunk can make you do weird things, but I've never been drunk, so I wouldn't know and frankly I don't want to know.

Anyway, she's lucky Arnold stepped in to take her home, because I'm sure Phoebe would do it if she was there.
HAFanForever chapter 2 . 5/17/2012
Too bad Phoebe isn't around to help Helga with this. :(

I like how you describe Helga's thoughts on why she doesn't want to go, and the fact that I can see Rhonda having parties with alcohol and loud music, and more convenient that her parents wouldn't be home, which gives Helga a good chance to be made a fool in front of everyone.

Who better than Harold to also be teasing Helga, not just about her crush, but about drinking alcohol? Poor Helga only realizes at the last moment what she's gotten herself into. I don't think she'd want to drink since she's seen what it has done to her mother, but she just has to prove she isn't a sissy. Lastly, I like how Harold calls her "Hellgirl" since that's the main definition of her name, and she shoots back by calling him "pudgy."
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
So this is how it begins: Rhonda inviting Helga to a party and Helga doesn't want to go, and denies she likes Arnold. But once Arnold comes by, she changes her mind.

Anyway, I like the fact that you make Rhonda not all that different from her childhood, what with her still being the one who holds parties and the fact that she and Helga still aren't exactly friends. Maybe by now others have figured out that Helga likes Arnold, but the pigtailed bully is just going to keep denying it. I'm eager to see where this goes. :)
LunarianPrincess chapter 8 . 2/20/2012
cute story, I liked it.
denisse chapter 8 . 12/28/2011
aww, i really liked it, such a cute story.
Jake Nickleby chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
Such a cute story. I enjoyed reading it! A nice interpretation on how our favorite characters get together.
Sandra Strickland chapter 8 . 8/1/2011
Great Ending

I'm happy that those prankers receive their due.

Congratulations for your fullfilled work.

See ya
Invader Rachel chapter 8 . 8/1/2011
AWWWWWWWWW
robstar.winchester chapter 8 . 8/1/2011
CUTE! I want a guy like freaking Arnold! can you send me one? please and thank you:) Lol.

Loved the story so much I mean this was just amazing. great writing skills and fantasic plot!

arnold and helga forever baby!:D
mardocheline chapter 7 . 7/29/2011
I loved it! you should keep it up.:)