Reviews for The Air I Breathe
moira4eku chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Great one shot! Poor Dean, of all things to nab him! LOL! I'm sure he'll never live it down with John and Bobby. I bet it's a story he never tells Sam. Thanks for sharing the story! It was extremely well written.
smalld1171 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Great story! Really loved the detail and the determination from John not to lose his son. Very well written and a delight to read! Thank you for this! :D
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Absolutely solid piece. And it was great to read a story of John and Dean after Sam left, a huge gaping hole that the series has never bothered to fill. Thanks for the pleasure of reading it!
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Hmmm... interesting. And gross. And GREAT! It's very hard to write John and keep him in character but I think you did a Splendid job! He was gruff, he was tough and he loves his boys. This was a fantastic fic. Although the hag *gag* I think I threw up a little bit when she tongue raped Dean. :P

He felt her tongue slide between his unresisting teeth and heard her content moans as she fed on his essence. His last conscious thought was relief that he would again be out during the cuddling portion of tonight's entertainment.- Haha! Even in the midst of a terrible circumstance he still has his humor. Oh how I love him. GREAT JOB!
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I enjoyed this story. You wrote both characters very well. I have often found it very difficult to write John, therefore I leave him out of my stories a lot. Nice job! I look forward to reading more of your work!)

Angel
Difficult-notImpossible chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
You're really good at getting Dean kidnapped by the supernatural :P I really like how you always keep his personality in check even though he's vulnerable in his specific situations. :) I loved John's bad ass dad determination, and Dean's response to remembering about his baby :P

Another great job!
stephaniew chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Oooh, fun plot here! I've considered snatching up Dean and hauling him off to my lair to... oh wait, sorry, did I say that out loud? ;) This cracked me up: "He vowed never to be fooled by a gorgeous figure again. But then, who was he kidding. He was a sucker for a pretty... hell, anything." So very Dean! I like that John was in this one, tracking Dean down. It was nice that he didn't try to shame Dean or hassle him over the had, but comforted him in his own way. Nicely done!
celeste301 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
lol poor Dean, but yay! john saved his boy! great story :)
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
I feel like you read my mind. Your description of how things were with John and Dean in the aftermath of Sam's leaving for Stanford are exactly as I had imagined it.

Your descriptions of John's desperate hunt for Dean touched me deeply. I loved the descriptions in this story, from the hag's putrid tongue to John's sleepless, frantic search, to the Impala in the tow yard - "She was parked in some filthy tow lot, shoved near the back fence along the road. Her weathered, but gleaming, black frame looked completely out of place wedged between some prissy baby-blue Prius and a god-awful rusted piece-of-junk 1978 Gremlin."

The final scene was so sweet. It was good to see the tension between Dean and his dad broken at the end.
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Wow. Okay. So, you remember how I said stuttering reviews? Umm, yeah. *This* is one of those.

Holy crap. I feel woefully inadequate both as a writer and a reviewer. That was breathtaking...

Really liked this line (and about a dozen others):

It was like living with sticks of dynamite strapped to his chest; very old, very sweaty dynamite, ready to explode at the slightest jolt.

Excellent!
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
"his damned expressive eyes practically shouting his shame" I love that sentence. Dean does have the most beautiful eyes. I always wanted distinctive coloured eyes like Dean's beautiful green and what did I get? Sludge! Hahahahaha

Poor Dean having to kiss the hag.

Bev xx