Reviews for Echoes
Schwarz Tiger chapter 41 . 3/3/2013
Poor Kakashi. Doomed from the moment his character development was complete. At least he died protecting. And Sasori's sacrifice/Chibaku's reaction to it almost made me cry.

I'm really looking forward to Susanoo's defeat. Here's hoping the fight will be sufficiently epic. Then again, is it even possible to reach that level of awesome?
sl0bad chapter 41 . 3/3/2013
Great chapter, looking forward to see more of your work.
no can do chapter 41 . 3/3/2013
I kind of have mixed feelings about Tengu Mode. Is it some kind of sage mode or something? The whole "beak" thing kind of makes me doubt that, and it seems more like some kind of Curse Seal overall.

It makes me sad that Kakashi and Sasori died, but you wrote their deaths very well (Sasori in particular like you mentioned).

Sage's recollection of his children was interesting. Trying to make it fit in with the recent manga updates and all that Senju/Uchiha recollection?

Anyway, nice chapter. The conclusion to this battle should be awesome.
MetalBawkses chapter 41 . 3/3/2013
Alpenwolf chapter 41 . 3/3/2013
Rest in Peace, Hatake Kakashi.

Summoning/pulling the moon to the earth to force the Sage to undo that move ... quite an idea to make him unable to fight ..
VLS chapter 41 . 3/3/2013
Absolutely incredible chapter! I'm glad that both sides are losing men. It's only logical. Kakashi's death was very epic! I'm assuming that Tsukiyomi is not death yet? And going by Tsukiyomi's visions Teikoku will probably join the main stage after this.
sillybot chapter 41 . 3/3/2013
Awsome as always,
Zangetsu Ossan chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
*_* epic!
Amaxo chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
I dunno man... It feels sorta rushed this time around.
Bookworm110 chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
awesome chapter
TheBladesEnd chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
Epic levels of combat this chapter, sorta sad it left off there. I was surprised how easily Madara (Tsukiyomi) was defeated, but then his character was taking interesting paths away from his original cause since he began teaching Naruto (Kazama).

Man you didn't hold anything back. Holy Shit. Kakashi ;_; Thematically speaking I guess his journey was complete, and he died the most hardass way imaginable. I guess his luck with raikages didn't... strike twice. Get it? Plus the rage he inspired in Yugito was spine tingling. I wanna see how that ends.

You were right about your feelings for Sasori. I didn't feel much of anything for him, but Chibaku's reaction was definitely in-character for his normal unserious attitude. I could feel the numbness of his shock paralyzing him, so that was effective.. The effect was gripping in place of the loss. Effective story telling.

BTW, did I misread Naruto (Feral Gale) coming along for this battle? There are so many characters now that I've lost track. I can't even remember which character is which among those universe astronauts lead by the Nidaime Hokage. I'd appreciate getting that reminder character sheet next chapter so I can remember.

Congratulations on breaking 1000 reviews. Not an easy feat. Be proud of yourself.

Until next time.
the Zogg chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
This chapter was epic. It is most definitely worthy of being a Climax Boss fight.

Now to review each fight. I thought Karasu was pretty cool. I take it he has some type of Sage Mode? But what I really liked was that no matter how many tricks Karasu pulled out of his butt Mu was still winning because of his mad skills, it took Kuebiko to turn the tide. I take it you were trying to defy the Ass Pull trope?

Next the Mizukage fight. It was rather sort of zig zagged all over the place with both side both trying to outsmart and over power the other and now Orochimaru and Manda have shown up to save the day. The Mizukage's screwed. Those two are some of the most badass people in the story.

As for the Kazekage fight... I felt that it was the weakest. Don't get me wrong it was still good but I felt that Sasori went down a little too easy. We barely got to see what his new body could do. As for Chibaku, are his new powers based off of Ironman's? Next is my biggest gripe. Who was the person in armor who saved Chibaku beside Omoikane? Please tell me he was NOT the Feral Gale. He'll ruin the drama. Was the other guy Fukuro? Please tell me it's him instead.

Next is the Raikage fight. Now THAT was a fight. It's shaping up to be your best fight ever. It was a true clash of the titans. I really liked the Raikage, He is a Hero Killer, and a complete and total badass. I fear what would have happened if he was made into a more offensive Path. I also couldn't help but sympathize with him. Sure he killed Kakashi but he's thrown away his pride to help everyone and is probably the most reasonable and sanest of the Kage. As for the fight the Dark Wolf was completetly Badass. She carried the fight during the first half of it. She was like Warhammer Vader! Ripping the Raikage apart like he was made of tissue paper. The THIRD FREAKING RAIKAGE ripped apart like tissue paper. That. Was. Badass. Next is Kakashi's death. I personally felt like his death was the best. He died for his principles but the thing that made his death the best was him asking Yugito to take up his sword. For two people who had so much enmity surrounding each other to make peace like that, for Yugito to agree to Kakashi's dying wish was truly heartwarming. And is her new Super Mode her version of the Nine Tails Chakra Mode surpassing normal Jinchuuriki transformation?

Next the Sage Worfing Hashirama and Izanagi was rather funny considering how broken they are in canon. I enjoyed it a lot. It was also funny to learn that the Senju ancestor was as much of a jerkass as the Uchiha ancestor. And then Izanagi being the complete and total tool that he is decides to drop the freaking moon in a temper tantrum, despite it being so petty it helped re-establish that he's still Madara Uchiha and set up his duel with Izanami. I can't wait to see Izanami in direct combat. And Izanami's "never touch me again" remark makes me wonder... did they, uh, "do it" in the past? I originally thought that she realized that she couldn't give birth through basic biology, but if Izanagi did what I think he did... well he's a Complete Monster.

On a lighter note, it was nice to see Konan show up again. I thought you forgot she existed.

I also liked Tsukiyomi seeing a possible future. Mikaboshi-Kazama was chilling and totally enigmatic. I wonder if that will come about. And we find out more about the Warlord. From what I can gather he was once canon Naruto and won, but then became a Fallen Hero and met Mikaboshi who told him how to traverse the multiverse in order to act as someone to corrupt Kazama. But I liked seeing the Warlord's personality. He's shaping up to be a interesting antagonist. Especially since I believe Tsukiyomi's going to be Put on a Bus so Teikoku can act as the Heavy for awhile. The Warlord's schemes are shaping up to be really interesting.

Next is Kazama's Jashin skills. It was both creepy and awesome to see him brutally butcher Susanoo so easily like that. It made me realize that if Hidan had half a brain cell the world would have been doomed. That was how creepy awesome that scene was.

Finally, Naruko really shined this chapter. She has become a full fledged badass, sucessfully Screwing Destiny like that and I liked her World of Cardboard Speech as well. She's become quite the character. You have reconstructed everything Naruto stood for with her character while at the same time mocking everything canon Naruto stands for now. It's really amazing that you turned your former Scrappy into THAT. I also thought her Rasenyari attack was pretty cool. It's nice to see an original move from her. Is that the start of a Suiton Rasengan for her? And what was your inspiration for it?

Finally, while it was interesting to see main character death after all this time my critism was that they were mentor figures. In the beginning you said more than the mentor characters will die. But so far all the main character death's have been mentor figures. I suggest that a non adult character bites it next. I suggest either Mei or Kitsune. But that's just me. Do whatever you want. It's your story. I'm just a critic.

It will also be interesting how the status quo will change with Kakashi and Sasori's death. They were Kazama's right hand men. I take it that Izanami will take over as Kazama's new Number Two.
Slayer End chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
...good god, well done. You had me grinning from start to finish this one. Nice touch with making Dark Wolf into what amounted to a female Chaos Marine. I highly approve.

A lot of character death this time. Sasori AND Kakashi got the ax? Wow. Just wow.

Now, continuing our previous discussion...?

Forever Signed in Blood,
Slayer End
narutorasatard chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
i honestly didnt expect kakashi to die ... at least not before having a icha icha staring himself printed...
bfg10k17 chapter 41 . 3/2/2013
Yup. Kakashi's death was pretty badass. Worthy of his badass badassery. lol
Sasory's too. The third's ability was total overkill against Chibaku.
Absulute control over earth is still tough, but not on the same scale as the other.
So Sasory's death was not worthless, imo.
2,166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 66 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 86 .. Last Next »