Reviews for Defining Shinigami
Teddypro chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Very nicely done. Pretty cool.

Though I couldn't help but snicker at the summary knowing what we know about Unohana now. Nothing against you or the fanfiction since I know it was published before such info was canon, but even you have got to laugh at the irony, neh?
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Complete and utter brilliance. I wish I had something more substiantial to say but I'm tired and probably shouldn't have read this while I have a paper due. But the atmosphere, the plot, Unohana's background, the change in Soul Society - wouldn't let me go.
chaosrin chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Really interesting history!

Like her Bankai
LazyNezumi chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
That was really nice and quite believable even I'm at that.

Real Unohana's backstory would be nice.

Only one thing that stung me was absence of Juushiro and Shunsui. But other than that everything was perfect. :)
Nate-Mihael chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Quite an interesting fic youve made here! Liked it a lot, and you kept the them in-character nicely.
anderberrybros chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Beautiful story. I've always been curious about Retsu's past, and I believe you have done an excellent job portraying what could have happened. I love how you have her emotions and character shown throughout the story. Simply fantastic, I must say.
Also, Yamamoto is very well done. You seem to have his attitude down pat. I believe him to be more focused on fighting than healing.
Overall, I enjoyed this short one-shot. It has been added to my favorites. Congratulations. (:
Deaths embrace comes to life chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
interesting. very very interesting. It is a good look at both charecters although I thought Unohana was of the same age as ukitae and shushi. good look at both and I would love to see this bulit on.

however the spirit king is in another dimenshion entierly. but this is fanfiction
Sonnie chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
THANK YOU for an Unohana story where she's in character and kicking ass. Most fics portray her as younger than Byakuya and it drives me crazy. I had always envisioned Retsu and Yamamoto meeting in such a way. I know this fic is marked complete but I'd love to see more Retsu fics from you. :)
CatNtheHat chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
I really liked this story :)

Very well written, obviously you are not an amateur at this :D

I also liked your idea for Unohana'ss past, it's very interesting and very unique.

I'm glad to see that there are people that are aware of the fact that Unohana is older than both Kyouraku and Ukitake because in many fics, the author tends to forget the fact that Unohana is one of the oldest captains in the Gotei 13.

XIce-and-SnowX