Reviews for Cleanse
Illucida chapter 1 . 1/19
I needed this. You made me look at Sakura's motivations in a new light. I have never given up on her; I admire her character very much. But for the longest time I couldn't understand some of her motivations. Thank you for being so articulate, and for sharing your thoughts.
Hello Madafakas chapter 1 . 1/17
Similarly, I absolutely despised Sakura in the begining of the series. She was the embodiment of everything I hated in a character and gods, she was so annoying. Ironically I ended up being one of her fangirls. I like to believe in change, and hope for redemption, and the possibility of growing. Sakura has done many things to deserve my love and I adore her now. I now see her as someone to look up to, and did I mention how I am completely infatuated by her strenght? Not just physically but also mentally. It takes a lot to admit weakness (even if it's just to herself), to look at a problem and acknowledge its existance (which she did by admitting her love for sasuke). Another thing is that Sakura basically started from scratch in developing her strenght (well she had amazing chakra control and was extremely intelligent but that doesn't do much when you've never put them to use). She came from a civillian family, and her skills were mediocre at best. But Sakura is just so BA right now and I couldn't be happier. The fic was amazing by the way.
Little Black Bat chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I may or may not be favoriting this just for the monologue at the bottom. :)
Nameless-Anonymous-Author chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Sakura kicks ass unlike any other kunoichi. I think this is one of your most introspective fics and you nailed it. Sakura acknoledged her weakness (her love for Sasuke) and even hates herself for it yet it didn't turn into a giant angst fest . This fic was Sakura's punches in a literary form and it certainly knocked the breath out of me, leaving me nothing but admiration.
Ser Serendipity chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
...

Wow.

You don't do things by half, huh?

Beautiful speech.
underratedchocolate chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Your explanation of sakuras character was spot on, she shouldn't have so many haters
09ice chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
I haven't reviewed any fics in the last two years or so, yet compelled to do so now. Is it weird that I like your closing opinions a tweensy bit better than the actual fic? Well, I do.
You've got a gift with words, but more so with the depth of your understanding and coherency. Things that I vaguely understand, things that dissatisfy me though never consciously knowing why, things that I value more than anything yet afraid to hope for because the many times Kishimoto let me down on her character again and again and again; you put it into something akin to mightily enjoyable paragraphs. For that I thank you. Truly.
I look forward to more of your fictions, and am honestly curious of what you would think about the current chapters of Naruto and especially her growth and development.
Maria Antonieta chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
First I'd like to talk about the fic. I loved this fic because I love Sakura and her strength. The words of Fire are incredible I think you are really good at writting. I believe the Will Of Fire too! This fic only increased this believe! Maybe I can't fight with my fists in real world but all fights are won with faith!

I love Sakura, I love when she kicks asses or thinks fast! She's a really strong character and I love the way she grow to love Naruto, to learn with him. I also believe she doesn't love Naruto as she loves Sasuke but the love of friendshipe she feels for him it's as great and big! I aprove every word of your note. When she tells him she loves him it's her most powerful try to get things togheter and well for the forsake of Naruto and the village. That's when I loved her the most.

Thanks for the amazing fanfic and note! *-*

P.S.: sorry for the bad English. I'm still learning!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Nice FANFIC
LonelyDreamer7 chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
I agree. Thank you. Honestly, I didn't really like Sakura at the begging either; I thought of her nothing more than an aggravating fan girl who couldn't do more than cry, scream Saskue-kun like a mantra, and berate Naruto for being himself. But Sakura doesn't deserve the hat; at least not anymore. She's changed from the little 12 year old annoying girl into a strong young woman who is only trying to protect her precious people.
I appreciate her now more than ever. She doesn't need to be ridiculed for her feelings; love is something that can not easily just be thrown out the windownlike an old piece of paper. It's hard, messy, an it leaves an ache in your whole body, not just your heart. People, let it go with her being useless. Please.

Anyways, all I wanted to say was that this was fantastic. Good to see some love for the little Pinket.
obliviiii chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Gosh, I wonder how many people out there are able to think like you. You have pretty much put all my thoughts into words. I love Sakura, too, and I blame Kishimoto for neglecting her role as a MAIN heroine, and pass all the glory on to Hinata instead (not that I dislike hinata or sth, I adore her, but I think it's just so unfair!). People tend to bash Sakura 'cuz of what she WAS, they don't give a damn to what she is now or how much she has developed, has grown, and that irks me, a lot. Ans I am absolutely, utterly, truly happy each and every single time I find someone who thinks/reasons the same way I do. And I think I like this A/N of yours more than this fic v (kidding!).
Aaanyways, this fic is just as, if not more, brilliant as other fics you wrote! I love it! (Oh I'm really glad I stumble upon your account v) you are one helluva writer, you know that?
anddd thank you for sharing such a wonderful story with us!
-Hv
MKofGod chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
The story was very good, the rant at the end was Brilliant. I heartily applaud you. I think you hit on EXACTLY what Kishimoto was trying to say/do. Love isn't something that can be easily shuffled off and ignored or killed. To a large extent we cannot choose who we love. I think as a society we have way too little sympathy to the men AND women who love abusive individuals. Also, I wonder how many people who criticize Sakura for not stabbing Sasuke would be able to kill any of their FORMER crushes much less someone who was a classmate, Nakama, teammate and friend. I think we too easily dismiss Sakura's love for Sasuke as obsessive while only affirming romantic love and not the beautiful, wonderful, amazing, powerful and strong bonds of platonic love. So thank you, thank you, thank you for what you've said.
AonoKenshi chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Wow. That was a long Author's Note. If that was an Author's note. I'm not sure which is the story. But that's not a bad thing, I guess. I'm a NaruHina fan, so I don't know if I should be reading this. But great story!
Crazyrebelscarves chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I think I might honestly be in love with you.

Had I more time, I'd write an extensive review regarding my complete and utter devotion to Sakura, because, as you say, she's come a long way, and damn it, the girl has a big heart and a strong will and she'll be dead before she lets anyone hurt the people she loves. I think she's got flaws. And I think that's great - it makes her human. In many ways, she is one of the most human, one of the most real, characters in Naruto, especially considering the amount of evolving she does. Not to mention that she, out of all the characters, probably fights the hardest, works the hardest, to acquire the ability to protect the people she loves.

And for the haters who like to self-righteously point out her flaws, I think they should step back and consider that all the characters in the Naruto universe have almost defining flaws - just as much as they've got positive defining characteristics, like Naruto's determination and urge to protect, like Shikamaru's intelligence or his belief in his friends; Kakashi's willingness to give up everything to protect the people he loves (coupled with his past, this is kind of heart-breaking) or, incidentally, Sakura's amazing and admirable, borderline strength.

Oh look, it became a rant. In short, I love you fics, and I completely and utterly agree with you in your defense of Sakura as a character, and most especially the love she holds for Naruto (though I might sometimes be swayed to believe that those feelings border on romantic - I'm not a picky shipper, so I sorta ship everything).

But basically, this review can be summed up in one word, regarding your defensive of our lovely pink-haired ninja:

Preach.
Narmara chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
You can love someone but them not be the center of your world. That is a truth that is bittersweet. i have loved many people but the honest to god person I would give it all for would be my little sister. I love my brother, i do really, but if he ever made a move against my little sister I would kill him. and he knows this(Ecspecially after the time with the knife and him trying to get in our pants again [yes i know he's disgusting but he my brother ya know i still love the teme even if i don't trust him]) The naruto to my sakura. Oddly enough our relationship is sortof a hate love thing. She hates me(she secretly loves me but will never admit) and I squeal and pester(embarasse) her infront of her friends(only ever to show them that if they mess with her I will know and will come hunting for blood) even though growing up we hated each other and had horrible fights that ended in bloodshed. So I understand sakura very well in how you can love someone but not have them as the center of your world.