Reviews for Solve
Silverstreams chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Ah, I love the dialogue in this. I like how Cave is able to keep is cool at the beginning-annoyed with everyone else, and yet not quite angry. I like seeing the shift as Caroline suggests her ideas-how at first they're skeptical but then realize that she's the genius she is. My favorite line in here (that actually made me laugh) was the bit about Heavy-Duty Super-Colliding Super Button :3

Part of me wishes that Caroline would've taken up Cave's offer on taking that guy's job. But then again, it's perfect because she is "modest like that." But man, what a way for her to start being taken seriously. Love it.
FeeptheNinja won't login chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
"I could've done that," the head tech grumbled in a tone he thought was too low to hear.

Johnson heard. "Then how come her bonus is coming out of your paycheck? Write that down, Caroline."

Anyway. This is a fic is a box. Full of awesomeness.

Caroline quietly being badass
katzsoa chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Yeah, that's probably how it happened! Good job!
Kagetora no Tsume chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I love these two. Great story!
PotterPhantomKitten chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
I recognized that test chamber as soon as Caroline started describing it, the "impossible test" from Portal 1! This was a great little one-shot, go Caroline!

Also, when Cave asked Caroline if she wanted that one guy's job, I couldn't help but be reminded of a scene from Mulan:

Emperor: Chi Fu, see to it that this woman is made a member of my council.

Chi Fu: What? But there are now Council positions open, Your Majesty.

Emperor: Very well... *looks at Mulan* You can have his job.
supersnuffy chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Awesome, I love it. Definitely in character!
infinityphoenix chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
I liked this. Seemed like something that could have really happened.
SenselessCarnage chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
A nice little story that would explain a bit of Aperture's history. A good read, well done.
ASBusinessMagnet chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
"one hundred thousand storage boxes instead of one thousand" Yay for Concerned!

And I LOVE how Caroline designed Test Chamber 09 in Portal 1 just by sketches.

Overall, cool.