Reviews for Understanding
monsmallville chapter 1 . 1/15
I'm found of thier relationship too, and I liked that you described Gohan with the impression that he had been a "bad Saiyan", thus disappointed his father. That stress an important fact in DBZ (in my opinon) : Gok├╗ claims to be human and he doesn't want to be refered as Kakarot and yet he fights like a Saiyan - usually one-on-one battles, he gets kinda excited toward strong guys, he lets his opponents power up just in order to get a good fight... - and he expects his son to be just like him. It's also cool to have Piccolo's apologies. Piccolo is usually very secretive, specially when it's comes to his feelings, however, I think you managed to avoid OOC. Nevertheless, I think it's a bit too harsh to make Gohan calling his dad by his first name, Gohan might be upset, hurt and disappointed, but I think he would remain litte more respectul.

Long story short, your work rocks :) (please don't mind my mistakes, I'm still learning English xD)
Animecartooncomicgirl chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
this is the stories I love to see gohan and piccolo best friends but on a deeper level a father/ son bond to it as well
Kira Sema chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
:) This was awesome! It totally rose up my loving of Piccolo and Gohan (Friendship wise) I'm kinda doing research on these fanfics and give me some ideas on how people think. I don't why i'm tell you this lol. Maybe just because you wrote this xD Well just saying this helped me a little, but one thing did concern me. Would Piccolo actually curse while talking with Gohan? I might have a different perceptive than you do, so this might just because it's me. Let me tell you what I think about that part. I think Piccolo wouldn't curse in front of Gohan, and as I said it's just me about that. I don't know what you think, and i'm saying this is a nice way not a mean way. Please don't take it the wrong way. I liked this story, except that part I talked about. That's the only thing I hated about the story that he cursed in front of Gohan. Other then that it was awesome! :) I wish you'd make more! Please don't take this review the wrong way I don't want that to happen! Gohan and Piccolo's relationship is awesome! :) If you want to contact me. Pm me here :D
RainbowofBeautifulRoses chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I loved this story! I'm very glad that piccolo told gohan he's not to blame for goku's death, in the least. And that it's ok for gohan to be angry that goku chose to stay in the afterlife.

This is the 1st fic I've read where someone finally tells gohan that it was wrong for goku to leave, and that it was also wrong for all of them to force gohan to fight/and study in the 1st place. Plus, I also loved how piccolo supported gohan, instead of just falling for the fake smiles.
My Little Lolita chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
You and me both! I'm glad you like their unique relationship as much as I do. This has been the theme of all my fics. It's so complex and dimensional, you can just write more and more.