Reviews for Fragile
MinervaMcGee chapter 45 . 6/6
Thank you for sharing your story! I really lied how you showed everyones fragility. Your a/n at the end were special... I'm sorry you had so much going on in r/l. Thanks again
pandorablueskies chapter 16 . 1/16/2015
This was a really well done chapter, especially how you showed the difference in the attitudes of the nurses. Sadly, there ARE nurses who think pt's are a nuisance when they need help with small things. It's easy to go the extra mile when a pt is charming, but it's unfortunately easy to ignore one who isn't. I liked how 51's crew took care of Brice, too, as well as his honest surprise and appreciation. I also liked how Johnny described his fear and the support he was given. I've been on both ends-the giving and the receiving, and trust me, narcotics can be scary. You do feel like you're falling and there's always a fear (at least when you are familiar with the potential side effects) that you will have a resp arrest. Some drugs, dilaudid, for instance, are extremely frightening when you have no idea how they make you feel. The first time I received it in the hospital, my nurse explained how I would feel and then stayed with me until it passed. It made all the difference-and I'm a nurse myself! Everyone needs a hand help at some point. Good chapter!
pandorablueskies chapter 13 . 1/16/2015
LOL! The mental picture of Chet's alfalfa sprouts going in the front door straight out the back door without pausing makes me picture Johnny as a human "shot gun house".
pandorablueskies chapter 12 . 1/16/2015
No reason for anyone to be embarrassed. That's what friends and partners do (and no, they aren't anything other than good friends!)-to hold the other's hand, distract him, and never breathe a word to anyone about any of it. Now, in real life, here's how it goes: Dr vs pt, Dr wins; Dr vs nurse as pt, Dr wins only after much discussion and argument from the nurse; Nurse vs Dr as pt ( who invariably wants to write his own orders), nurse wins, gleefully snickering under her breath.
Icecat62 chapter 45 . 11/27/2014
A very good 'episode'. Your OC Sheila was believable, something of a younger Dixie. Liked how you turned the table on Roy and gave him an owie too. Your reasonings for why Johnny hates the men's and hospitals is plausible. Hope to see more stories from you in the future.
sb4ever chapter 45 . 8/25/2014
Wonderful story! an epic actually at forty-five chapters. And you were actually able to write while so much was happening in your life. Amazing! I've found an outline helpful when writing but sometimes, the storyline and it's characters take on a life of their own much to our surprise. That you were a poke to hang in there and complete this is tribute to your tenaciousness and talent. Well done!

P.s.s I echo your sentiments about paperwork and higher ups!
sb4ever chapter 10 . 8/24/2014
Hee hee! THE LOOK! I love it!
sb4ever chapter 8 . 8/24/2014
Had to laugh at Joanne's reaction to her hospitalization! So true! A hospital is the worst place to get some rest! Another great chapter! Loving your writing!
sb4ever chapter 6 . 8/24/2014
Really liked the story so far. Glad you wrote how the men of station 51 support and look out for one another. Good to read about the interaction of Johnny with another paramedic who is not Roy nor Brice. Going on to the next chapter!
MG chapter 25 . 7/31/2013
I have heard so often to take it one day at a time then I heard someone say, you are promised this moment not the next. I'm glad someone else heard it too. I liked that comment. LOVE THE STORY. :) Did not know someone had written a book about the show, btw it is my fave show. Just ordered it from AMAZON. :)
GageDeSotoFan chapter 45 . 2/3/2013
Due to illness and a very necessary surgery a few years ago, I completely understood the emotions and lessons in this story. It was so well written. Thank you for taking me on this journey. It was wonderful story. Look forward to reading more from you.
Sandra chapter 45 . 1/23/2013
Good story and it has been worth the "ride" and I understand the way your life has taken a turn, keep working at it. Been there and it does all come back but your life is different. Glad you used Roy he was/is my favorite character.
Lex chapter 45 . 1/23/2013
This was a really great story.. I absolutely loved..loved...loved the ending with the conversation between Roy and John !

It seems that you DO realize how precious and fragile life can be.. I am so sorry you've experienced to much loss in your own life.

Lex
Jrsgirl chapter 45 . 1/22/2013
This was a great ending to a great story. I'm sorry that the past year in your own life reinforced the theme of this story that life is fragile and we never know what can happen. However, like your characters, you have a strong inner strength and lots of friends who are here to support you.

Thanks for finishing the story, and I hope it's not too long before we are privileged to read another by you.
Li'l Albatross chapter 45 . 1/21/2013
Lovely ending to such a great story. I'm just sad that I don't have any other updates to look forward to :)