Reviews for Beggars would ride
AyndeRod chapter 58 . 4/19
By the end of your story, I wasn't entirely sure what I felt about it. It bothered me a bit, so I realized I had to get my thoughts down hah.

I love time travel fics. They're my bread and butter. My dark chocolate with raspberry godiva. My number one trope.

You did a decent job at it, showcasing a series of both successes and failures. I definitely enjoyed that part. Your remembering how every individual ties together was pretty spot on.

However, I think this story lacked the protagonist voice. I would not have labelled this with Buffy as the main character, much less Spike. Outside of the beginning chapters, I didn't feel much for Buffy at all in this. Andrew had more character than her.

I felt as though the way it was written made it less of a "Buffy goes back in time" story, and more of a viewpoint on the cascading effects of a drop in the bucket. She went back in time and how she reacted to things (and maneuvered) changed how others reacted, and it was they that we got to see more than anything.

Please don't walk away thinking that this makes it a bad story. I definitely found it intellectually stimulating to say the least. Read it all through, and enjoyed it. I merely also felt that the niggling prevalent feeling of 'something is wrong' and had to respond accordingly. It's rather unfortunate that this website, unlike others, doesn't have the ability to tag it as 'Scooby Gang' or 'Cast' or whatever, because I feel like something that simple would solve my issue!
FFLjm12B chapter 58 . 1/20
I so love how you ended all this - I think it's a perfect way to end this and bring closure for not only Buffy and Spike but for all of them.

I'm so glad I read this again - I've enjoyed it so much. Wish there was some way to archive it in my personal fanfiction files of works that I have enjoyed and would like to have for future reading as so many works are no longer online.

Congratulations on creating a wonderful Buffyverse story.
FFLjm12B chapter 50 . 1/19
It's really nice doing a second reading of this story - this makes a nice ending with Angel and his history with Darla and Jenny Calendar.
FFLjm12B chapter 41 . 1/19
Congrats on reaching your initial goal and for creating such an excellent time-travel story. I am enjoying reading it very much.
all forms of fluff chapter 28 . 3/29/2015
Your just changing too much to the timeline without Buffy really explaining anything. Names of demons, locatation of the trio, no explanations as to how she knew about the whish. The massive info dump on Principal Wood, and not one of her friends calling her on anything when she just waves her hand and says I saw it in a dream. It's not that I don't like the Idea its just that the flow seems to be geared to the perfect ending with no set back to Buffy. I know the story is less then half over but I just can't find it as entertaining as the eirly days of Buffy being back in time. Maybe if she took the role of BuffyBot, not in a litiral sceance of being Spikes love toy, although I think he would get a kick out of stealing close for her from her. Then again you would have had to send her back to just before Glory took him.

Try to ignor the ranting fan boy near the end there. Point is I kinda like this story, but without some drama the sweetness of the happy ending becomse too much to take. I guess that why the show was so popular it was chalk ful of drama. I aint saing you should make Buffy all emo about responcability of the time line or anything. I am sure you have quite a few fans who have enjoyed the story I just can't get behind it anymore. Mainly becasue of the scean with Robin in his office. It just sort of slaps the audience in the face and dosn't really show any of the tact she had been using up till that point. So while it is a decent story it isn't really my cup of tea.

TTFN and thanks for the story
Queenfish chapter 58 . 11/30/2014
Really good, well written and well thought out story. The detail you went into was impressive and you didn't make it 'sugary' by trying to save everyone. Thoroughly enjoyable, thank you.
Jhiz chapter 32 . 11/29/2014
gotta comment even if you never read it since this was written a while ago... totally agreeing on the comic thing... Anyway, I am back to the tale. This is a wonderful time romp. Thanks!
Spuffles chapter 10 . 10/4/2014
You're right-she wouldn't have wanted to rub out their history because they wouldn't have been quite so great, so bonded, so interesting-and though they would still have been counterparts-for indeed, that is what Spike represented-and perfect together, they would not have grown together and known it so completely. I really like this, I just wish it would get down to her going in. I understand you had to set it up, but it's taking a while. Although it isn't uninteresting ;)
mom8828 chapter 58 . 9/27/2014
I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us.
gello5440 chapter 58 . 3/9/2014
Thank you for this.
Jane chapter 58 . 12/4/2013
Super fic, enjoyed it a lot. Thanks.
Firewolfe chapter 58 . 11/26/2013
nicely done
Cherryll chapter 3 . 9/19/2013
I like this story but there is so many chapters that I not can review them all but it looks like to be a good story
teresa chapter 55 . 9/19/2013
Well Rhona's clearly running on nervous energy at the moment lol I can certainly imagine they'd all be a little manic on the Eve of what might be their last day battle - always seemed strange to me that EVERYONE kept it together as well as they did.
Jekofob chapter 53 . 9/14/2013
Best fanfiction Ive seen so far.. Hope to see a new chapter (and ending) soon :)

Please write more soon, eager to see what happens next :)