Reviews for The Difference
Lacy Lou chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
This was amazing! I love it!
terminal insanity chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
man, this was lovely. _ i do kinda like neville. he reminds me a lot of someone i know. i think this is a really wonderful fic.
wellduh chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
Hey! Loved this the first time I found it, still love it.
kelpylion chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Wow, that was incredibly, mind-numbingly fascinating. The natural form of a letter, nothing forced, but also effectively making a new and interesting argument. I love it!
c.g chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
aw! Neville wrote this?

aww. Neville is such a good person. I love him.

Really good fic though. LOVED IT. It sure had something to say.
LittleBirdy003 chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
CRAP! SO BORING!
reader chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
[raises eyebrow] Interesting view... Though if you'll recall, if a person doesn't WANT to be in a certain house, all they have to do is ask...
wellduh chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Oh my gosh. This is amazing. It's short, and little, but yes, it is amazing...best thing I've read all day. You'd make a wonderful motivational speaker...

I never expected Neville. Never. For some reason. But it makes perfect sense.

Keep writing. It's great.
SuperHyperBerryBomb chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Touching.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
Brava, brava! This is VERY well done... I don't know why I was surprised at first to see Neville's name for the signature, becuase this is the very essence of what he is in the process of becoming, in the series. I'm inclined to think that Ms. Rowling herself might approve of this story. Encore!
Kraken1 chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
Me see story.

Me like story.

See story, see!

*giggles*

Seriously, I really like this story, and I think it's perfect for Neville's character.

I also highly agree with your nature over nurture statements, and Neville's handling of that.

A lie has power over whoever believes it. But the lie has comfort. The truth would be a lot more comforting if people were more accepting of it.

I've also always felt that the sorting would be a mirror, though. People sorted into Ravenclaw work harder because they feel they should. They have to. Slytherins who are unfeeling not because they don't feel, but because everyone tells them that they shouldn't feel. That they can't feel.

Sometimes the truth becomes a lie as well.

Great story.
Hush Puppie chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
I will admit it: anything that has "not as lame as it sounds" in the summary makes me roll my eyes. But I clicked anyway and was pleasantly surprised to realize that this really ISN'T as lame as it sounds!

OK, that sounded kinda mean. Let me start this review over:

This is brilliant. I've never seen it done before, and it's a great idea. Neville has really thought about this, hasn't he? I'm impressed. You got into his head very well.

There. Much better But in case I didn't make myself quite clear enough:

GREAT JOB! BRAVO!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
This is ADORABLE! Neville's such a little sweetie, and I think there's way more to him than people think.

I read a fic once (can't remember the name) where Dumbledore says to Snape something like, "You always thought that, if sufficiently terrified, Neville Longbottom would manifest powers beyond even Voldemort's wildest imaginings..."

It's so true!
Caporal chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
I realized, just at the end, that it must be Neville. He's just the person to do this, and the comment about cowards in Gryffyndor is too personal to be anyone else. The ideas put forth about how Sorting makes you face yourself are interesting, to say the least, and thoughtful, sincere, and amazingly perceptive, to say more.

I have nothing else too say. This was good. Period.

Morg├╗lwen
The SleepWalker chapter 1 . 7/20/2002
Wow, that was really cool! It was also really that Neville wrote the letter! I went through the thing, figuring it would be Heromine writing it, but Neville is perfect! Good fic!