Reviews for Rain on the Just
the amber dragonfly chapter 15 . 2/7
This was just phenomenal. You kept everyone true to character and maintained an excellent, well-paced plot. I realize this is an older story, but I wanted to make sure you knew how much I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for blessing us with your talents!
purplefern chapter 15 . 2/5
This was a really great story! It felt like the sequel we never got, and you did a fantastic job of keeping everyone in character. I also really liked what you did with Wayne/Metro/Music Man's character. It was a totally believable and logical continuation of a character we didn't really see too too much of in the movie.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 15 . 1/28
A very nice bit of work, to say the least.
The challenge in writing a story that ‘explains’ some of the quirks of child-targeted movies and TV shows for an adult perspective lies in making the explanations seem natural rather than forced, and you overcome that issue very nicely from the beginning as you explore the issues Metro Man faces in adjusting to life when he’s not an adored and admired public figure (as well as noting how long it ‘realistically’ took to adapt the Metro Man museum for Megamind).
The subsequent case is also well-introduced, starting out with just an apparently simple bombing without giving us any clear clues that Megamind is the key focus for these crimes too quickly or too slowly even if the evidence is there. The contrast between the large-scale threat of the bombings and the smaller ‘threat’ of Roxanne’s secret talks with ‘Wayne’ work very well, giving us some interesting views of different scales of problem before they all come together as the villain’s true agenda is exposed (Nice touch with his introduction, on that topic; present an obvious candidate and then give us just enough to rule him out before he declares himself explicitly).
Even the final confrontation was excellent, giving us a moment where it genuinely seems like old habits are going to take over before the person who knows Megamind best steps in and points out the reason he knew what was really going on despite his words, giving us a satisfactory resolution of the crisis that reaffirms the film’s primary message that choice is all that matters regardless of what others believe people ‘should’ do with their lives.
Any chance of an epilogue showing how the four of them adapt to this latest shift in their lives?
Guest chapter 15 . 9/6/2016
I loved this, absolutely spectacular
Jessibelle811 chapter 15 . 3/11/2016
I have one complaint about this story ... that it was so good that I stayed up until 4am to finish it and now I am useless!
So good ... brain no worky ... so tired. Perhaps when I'm in a better frame of mind I can leave a more detailed review, but suffice to say this is going in my favorites.
There was so much I enjoyed about this fic, but I think the part that will stay with me is the image of Megamind kneeling next to the overflowing sink telling Minion that if he's gone then he (Megamind) will be the only one left. So. Many. Feels.
The Writer Cookie chapter 15 . 3/9/2016
ASDJFRMKLSDJAHAFMDEKLECBVXWRQG IT'S PERFECT!
Seriously though, keyboard spazz aside, I love this ending. It resolves all the big stuff and it does that well. It also leaves a few things hanging (like what Wayne's gonna do now that his secret's out) which makes it feel like the story can go on without us, but not in a bad way. I don't know about you, but absolute, no-possiblity-for-anything-more endings make me sad, even when they're done well. I like feeling like there's another adventure waiting for the characters, even if I won't be reading it.
Also, the fluff between Megamind and Roxanne here is just too cut love it I love it I love it! Also, the interaction between Megamind and Wayne is great. I loved that too. You know what? Let's just make it character interaction in general, because, again, I loved it.
There were a couple of favourite moments that I didn't really touch on in earlier reviews in my rush to move to the next chapter, but I figured I should mention them here. Just little parts that I quite liked.
First, in chapter three, Wayne vs the guitar. 'Nuff said.
Next, that little bit with Megamind and the brainbot watching footage of the first bombing. "The citizens of Metrocity like you! They really like you!" Just...Daawww :)
There's also that bit with Bernard and the plaque for the blown-up brainbot. I loved that bit. Bernards reactions, the brainbots mourning their comrade and of course the plaque. It's just so touching. Seriously, I love it.
The brainbot and Roxanne's shoe. Also DAAAW. I'm seeing a bit of a recurring theme in these last few. Brainbots. DAAAAWWWW.
Also, the frozen explosion is just cool. Okay, not frozen, trapped in paradox slime. Frozen explosion sounds cool, though. Frozen Explosion.

And...yeah. That's me for now. To sum up, I loved this fic and thank you for writing it :)
The Writer Cookie chapter 11 . 3/5/2016
MINION IS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE!
The Writer Cookie chapter 10 . 3/4/2016
MINION! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAH HA HA *sobs like a baby*
Owen, you deluded, aggravating, heartless, pestilent little half-faced, misbegotten gnat!
Okay, I feel a lttle better now. But I still feel the need to insult him more, so I should probably move on.
Also, Fire Bug? Really, Owen? I don't know, superhero ( or villain) names that include the word 'bug' don't really sound that impressive. Fire Beetle, yes. Fire Scarab, yes (though that one doesn't really have much ring to it). I liked Beetle Bomber. It definitely had a nice ring, what with the alliteration and all. But Fire Bug? Owen, seriously.
The Writer Cookie chapter 9 . 3/4/2016
Okay, so Owen's the bomber then. Not particularly surprising, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who was suspicious. Unless you're using him as a red herring to REALLY throw us off, but I don't feel like you are.
On another note, please let Minion still be alive, please let Minion still be alive, please let Minion still be aliiiiiiiive. Owen, you douche-faced jerknut.
I'm also kind of hoping that Megamind gets a chance to confess his feelings to Roxanne before being alerted to the trouble, but I have a feeling he may not. I could be wrong though.
And so, on to the next chapter!
The Writer Cooki chapter 4 . 3/4/2016
Continuing from that last review I accidentally posted before I was finished:
I'm not brushing Owen off as some inconsequential side character just yet. As a reader, aspiring writer and general story lover I tend to be inherently suspicious of any character who gets a decent length of screen (or page) time but appears to be extraneous at first.
3) I'm loving the way you're writing this. Loving the characters, interactions, all of it. You're a good writer :)
And now, on to the next chapter I go!
The Writer Cooki chapter 4 . 3/4/2016
Logged out ATM, so I guess this will have to be a guest review.
Just a couple of quick notes before I keep reading;
1) I'ma go ahead and say that the connection between bombing locations is association with Megamind.
2) I'm waiting for Owen to show up in a more major way. He could be the bomber (not sure how likely that is, but it's a possibility), he could end up being a useful ally later on, he could hamper them in a critical moment; there are a few possibilities. Main thing is, I'm not j
brushing him of
I like many things chapter 9 . 2/3/2016
This was completely new, I mean, normally, authors challenge their readers to find out *who* is the villain. But this. This totally awesome piece of art gives us OBVIOUS clues and scenes that ultimately come down to Owen being the 'Beetle-Bomber'. It practically tells us. What kind of a moronic Neanderthal didn't see it coming? Instead, we can focus on the other aspects of the story, like the romance and the humor. So it's an adventure story, but it focuses on other things more than 'finding out the bad guy'. Don't get me wrong-there's nothing wrong with that and it's awesome- but it was nice to have a change. And I think it's pretty sweet that Megamind didn't want to create a villain by the cliche way that nearly all villains are created-the way HE HIMSELF was created. So he treated Owen with kindness(well, as much he can muster up). But by doing that, he let a ready-made villain into his home. It's all very ironic. And that scene with minion. That bastard. How could he? I hope Minion doesn't die. He's so... nice. But from a writer who kills off his characters daily, it would be a good story if he did die...
Cam Irving chapter 15 . 9/6/2015
Definitely worth the roller coaster. Wow! I loved it, from start to finish. It read really well too, I read all the dialogue in the correct voices too! Definitely worth the read 3
Cam Irving chapter 14 . 9/6/2015
How DARE-!
Cam Irving chapter 13 . 9/5/2015
I swear the reviews I leave will be reduced to just... almost babbling in the coming chapters. I never expected to speed through this fic so fast, but I just... I can't stop at this point.