Reviews for Rain on the Just
ladyspock7 chapter 15 . 2/17
AWESOME! So much to cheer about! That heart-clutching start when Metor Man stops that bullet all the way through to the end with that utterly fantastic exchange of words and kisses between Roxanne and Megamind. Just utterly fantastic. Yeah, I think they ought to come up with some sort of signal to let the other know that Minion's really all right lol. Could be helpful. Now I know why so many consider your story to be the true sequel to the Megamind movie, and now I do, too. It truly is awesome. :)
ladyspock7 chapter 14 . 2/14
Cruel writer, leaving such a cliffhanger! You really do an awesome job with Megamind's mannerisms and way of talking. I could easily visualize all of his movements. I especially loved the banter between Megamind and Metro Man. I can't help but think that Metro Man suspected Megamind wasn't really going to kill him, at least not after Roxanne got through to Megamind, anyway. (Up until Roxanne told Megamind she loved him, well, he probably was not so sure!) They've gotten to know each other's style pretty well over the years.
ladyspock7 chapter 13 . 2/13
Wow, I'd say this chapter put every italicized word to good use! Very intense. You've made Megamind truly frightening. Without his usual outfit of leather and spikes, without his grandstanding, he's scary. You got his attitude and mannerisms just right. And Roxanne's, too! I loved her realization that Megamind did have back-up, namely, her.
ladyspock7 chapter 12 . 2/12
Aargh, all that effort, and the branch breaks! No, Roxanne certainly isn't a helpless damsel. Owen is just nuts. It's interesting that he was liked Megamind the way he was. He may even have been right, if Owen had become friends with Megamind earlier, in the aftermath of Metro Man's 'death', maybe Megamind would have basked in his admiration. Maybe. Now to see exactly how he thinks he will use Roxanne in his evil plan. If Megamind doesn't blow him away first. Excellent entrance for our blue hero.
ladyspock7 chapter 11 . 1/23
Thank goodness Minion is alive! You actually had me worried there. Megamind's pain was palpable. I can't imagine Minion gone! He is such a sweet guy. These two obviously care for each other deeply and the different facets of their relationship are fascinating. What life would have been like for Megamind without Minion does not bear thinking about.

The shortage of characters can pose a problem, but you have created a very scary villain! At least scary to me. First his crazy rambling at Roxanne, and then he almost shot her! I for one think you've done a great job with him, even if the revelation that he is the Beetle Bomber wasn't a total surprise (I think I only found out because I caught a sneak peek of one of the chapters over on livejournal, rather than from any investigative ability on my part!). In any case that's part of the fun of a mystery, to figure out who is committing the crime!

Well, this is sort of turning into a book report, but I wanted to talk a little about the final scene. All the complicated emotions Megamind is dealing with, and Minion's plea to stop and think about what he's doing, all of that was very compelling. Megamind's response "Maybe this is my way" chilled me. I think you got their characters just right: Megamind pushed to his limit of tolerance, and Minion still primarily concerned with sir's well-being.
ladyspock7 chapter 10 . 1/23
Wow, that was intense! Megamind's horror at finding Minion and his desperate attempts to revive him. Nerve-wracking! The only reason I know Minion can't really be dead is that no writer could be so cruel. Er...right? I am off to read the next chapter. Also, I agree with Roxanne on the subject of Wayne's bravery. Revealing himself to the public is true bravery, since public disapproval is something that he truly fears.
EnsignAbby chapter 15 . 9/11/2014
That was nothing short of absolute brilliance, my dear. I am so glad I saw someone mentioning your story on Tumblr! How could I have not known about it for so long?! What is WRONG with me!? Hehe
peace1089 chapter 15 . 7/13/2014
Absolutely brilliant. I had the feeling the bomber was Owen and it was the best feeling when I could shout "I KNEW it!" Even I was convinced that Megamind was gonna destroy Wayne. Read it all in a matter of hours because it's so fantastic. Definitely worth the time it took to get to the satisfying ending. I really could not find a single flaw in this at all and that isn't something you can say about most Megamind fics.
MegaRoxFan chapter 15 . 7/13/2014
Aw, this is absolutely beautiful. I was worried there for a bit about Minion, but I'm glad he's okay. And Megamind, I almost thought he lost it, but it was all part of the plan. Very well done. This is definitely going on my favorites list.
ladyspock7 chapter 9 . 5/30/2014
Oh noooooo! Minion! The evil is revealed.

But, to backtrack...there are lots of wonderful little details here, from the conversation between Megamind and Roxanne, to Minion's assessment of Megamind's 'civilian' wear, and Minion's chores around the lair. Very nice to see how well Roxanne and Megamind are getting along. They enjoy each other's company, and their attraction to each other is not just physical, but clearly their relationship is deepening. That was a very sensual kiss. I'm glad you mentioned how well they worked together back when he was pretending to be Bernard! Excellent tie-in with the movie. I like how you continue to explore Metro Man's struggle with his new identity. Maybe he is stuck precisely because of all the unfinished business with his 'little buddy.'

But that cliffhanger! I am rather alarmed, here.
Grumpy Old Snake chapter 15 . 2/17/2014
*applause* A wonderful story, with a fulfilling conclusion. Thank you for writing!
Grumpy Old Snake chapter 9 . 2/17/2014
...Whaaaagh Minion! D:

(I haven't been reviewing this awesomely written, rounded, and amazingly respectful [to all of the characters in it, even the minors] story as I go along, because I am a horrible person apparently. But... Minion! D: Made me notice the newly incredibly-easy-to-access review spot, and, well... here I am. You've done some good work here, and I intend to continue reading!)
Bookworm Gal chapter 15 . 1/22/2014
This is a very entertaining, very well-written, very exciting, and very nerve-wracking story. I absolutely loved this. From beginning to end. All the characters were perfectly in-character based upon what we saw in the film, the character Owen was a believable addition, and the conflict kept me glued to the computer screen. All in all, I certainly loved reading this tale. Nice work.
Birusa chapter 15 . 8/24/2013
this story is just brilliant. I don't even have words to describe my feelings while reading it...the 2nd time actually. I love it!
Inventor of ZADRF chapter 15 . 8/19/2013
I've read this story a couple times now but somehow failed to review after the last chapter, but here i am randomly a few years later! This story has a lot of words to describe it, but the biggest and boldest one would simply be: BRILLIANT. You are very talented, i really hope you know that. And thats why i have to ask...maybe even beg (maybe)...but have you considered making a sequel? Even if i somehow turn out to be the only one to ask, i'm positive everyone who has read this story would lose their minds if they heard you were making a sequel! I realize this is a lot to ask, seeing as it takes time, planning, and real effort to write a great story..but i have full confidence that you could pull it off if you wanted too...just give it a shot :) you would do great!