Reviews for The Extraordinary Potioneers
Scott Press chapter 6 . 6/22/2014
Chapter 1: brilliant! It drew a couple honest laughs out of me. Snape is an utter bastard, but with his ever sour demeanor he has huge potential as a comedic character and you've done a bang up job. Your Dumbledore worked great too. I like when he's written as a bit nutty instead of all-serious. Props for an original idea. On the technical side, I didn't see any mistakes jump out at me, so thumbs up for spelling and grammar as well.

Chapter 2: lulz part deux. More of the awesome. As the previous one, chapter was technically polished and it made for pleasant reading. Malfoy's day planner, I can imagine that: THURSDAY: find Potter. Insult Potter's mother. Disregard Weasley; if Weasley persists, mention how poor he is. Remind Granger that she's a mudblood. Send father the weekly report on Scarhead's movements. And as always, bring glory and fame to the Malfoy name.

Eyerolling at Snape. Uh-oh. Sounds like Sirius business. I mean serious business. And that membership application. Truly, a deal with the Devil.

Chapter 3: Terr-ry. Such sarcasm. Wow.

May I call you Terry? I wonder what was in that tea. Because it's obvious there was something in there.

Chapter 4: I'm dying here.

They only the best, Miss Gran-
Where do I sign?

*rolls over*

Chapter 5: The Ravenclaw entrance always knows what riddle to give a professor mhm?

Chapter 6: this letter must have been a misdelivery, right? That woman meant to write Dumbledore, right? RIGHT?

Okay, it's a scam. Phew. By the way, a clever idea.

Overall, this chapter was my favorite so far. Fundraising, indeed. The ending was baller.

Parting comments: the humor had me chuckling, Slytherins were appropriately snarky, Ravenclaws suitably nerdy. Hermione had good characterization, canon with a pinch of extra humor. Snape was consistently entertaining. Smith was great. On the technical side of things, writing was top-notch. Damn, I actually don't think I can find anything to rant about here. Good job all around.
hwyla chapter 6 . 5/23/2014
This is the first time I have seen your fic. I just want to let you know that I found it very enjoyable and rather snicker-worthy. Fortunately, I read it with no one else around. I cannot actually decide which part I found funniest. I suppose it was the Lab-Safety films, altho' the sunset demise of Draco's Day Planner was pretty outrageous as well. And I can easily imagine Ravenclaws resorting to skewed statistics to prove their point. No matter which bit it was, I laughed. Thanks for a very entertaining fic.
graynavarre chapter 5 . 5/19/2014
I loved how Severus knew how to get each student.

Blackmail the Slytherin
Offer the Ravenclaw a chance for extra studying
Appeal to the stupid family pride of the Puff Smith
Manipulate the lion by waving advancement in front of her with an added inducement of making her believe that he believed that she wasn't capable of doing the work.

Slytherin at it's best
SpaceHead3 chapter 6 . 5/17/2014
This is utterly hilarious. My sides hurt so much.
M chapter 6 . 5/16/2014
That was a fast update...Thanks
geetac chapter 6 . 5/16/2014
I like the chapter
M chapter 5 . 5/16/2014
Thank you for the update. I definitely needed a good laugh today!
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 5/16/2014
To quote Mr. T., 'Ah pity the fool'. Still, he is good at potions, and he does have a point-Sluggy is mainly using his Slug Club to suck up to important Gryffindors (which was likely the case in years past as well). Smith has a point about inter-house mingling.

Hufflepuffs normally get forgotten. Zacharias may wish he had before it's all over...
1412 karasu chapter 4 . 12/11/2013
Plleeaaasssseee update! I'll love you forever!
blu chapter 4 . 8/4/2013
this is absolutely brilliant! please please please update! i was rolling around with laughter!
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
It'd be a shame for the Weasley family to lose their youngest son during the bloom of his youth, but tragic accidents were just something Gryffindor families had to become accustomed to. The Weasley family was overdue.

-She fits with the other Slytherins better than she thinks she does, snicker.

And yet, she falls for the most elementary plot. I *adore* the lab safety film (husband's a chemistry teacher).

Please update this story? Pretty please with Ashwinder Eggs on it?
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 5/18/2013
Terry hesitantly poured himself a cup of tea and it was only when he took a sip that Snape spoke to him again.

-He drank tea that Snape had access to first without even *thinking* this might not be a good idea? No wonder he's a Ravenclaw (sighs). But another day, another victim...
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 5/18/2013
One member down, several more to go-nothing like blackmail and threats. With a bribe thrown in for good measure. (Sluggy does the same thing, but stuns the chosen victim with banquets first so they don't notice it as much. He, too, is a Slytherin).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
I love this wicked premise. Oh, and on top of everything else, he needs to keep Albus alive (though given the circumstances, Snape might just run out of time for that and avoid the whole Astronomy Tower fiasco).

I can also see some very imaginative detentions given in Potions class.
ricecakes.anemonies.benzene chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
I haven't laughed this hard in ages! I really nhope you think of making the next, Hufflepuff chapter, as well as the chapter when they all realize how badly they'd been conned. XDXD