Reviews for The Legacy
leogal063 chapter 6 . 6/6/2011
I kept meaning to review this but I'm very lazy and life was getting in the way (or rather, getting the high score on spider solitaire was in the way). I just wanted to say that I thought this was a lovely story of how different people were affected by Nathan's death. I loved that you had Fargo remembering a mentor, Allison a lover, Henry a student, Kevin a father and Carter a friend/man who had his grudging respect. I especially liked the one year later and the little moments that showed that while they would move on they wouldn't forget, and that it wasn't just them but the entire town that felt that impact of Nathan's death. I did think some of your earlier chapters had some stylistic/flow problems, but they weren't horrible and I think you had fixed most of them by the last chapter.

I really loved this story and thought you did a wonderful job with it.

Cheerio!
Wyndes chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
Nicely done. I like the last line in particular. (The almost felt like cheating.)

Are you going to write more with Alison later? Sort of the next few weeks and months? I'd be interested to read it - I have a hard time with her character and would find your insights interesting. There are some scenes with her - well, like this exact scene, in fact, that I just have a hard time believing. You did a great job writing it as it happened, but every time I see it, I think, no way, she jumped straight to acceptance, what happened to denial? And on her wedding day? There should have been a lot of denial. But I can understand why with limited time the show writers didn't want to include that. Still, if you want to write more with Alison I will happily read!
Wyndes chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Aw, you made me really miss Nathan. I started backwards with Eureka - got hooked only in Season 4 - so he was always a mystifying character to me, but after watching all the episodes twice I really started to love him. He's so great in A Night at Global Dynamics. And this really did bring him back. Poor Fargo. Nicely done!
Terra Young chapter 1 . 5/30/2011