Reviews for Letting Go
LouiseKurylo chapter 10 . 8/9
Well done. Your account of Red John is more plausible than many and, sadly, Timothy Carter was a far better candidate than Thomas McAllister. Thank you for writing it.
LouiseKurylo chapter 3 . 8/9
Again, very believable. Your Lisbon is bracingly practical and strong, gathering her team to tackle this latest crisis. Nice.
LouiseKurylo chapter 2 . 8/9
Oh, this is shaping up to be excellent! Love that you are working in all the relevant characters (not just Lisbon and Jane or even just the SCU. Characterizations and dialog are all spot on. Tense, complicated, multi-dimensional without in the least being overdone.
KsandraMallan chapter 10 . 8/22/2011
Awwwwwwwww! Cheers on a believable post-S3 finale story, and how I wish yours was canon, I'd -love- to see both Teresa and Patrick finally get together, as well as LaRoche being the mole. He was -such- a douche in the show, it felt like a copout (no pun intended) to not make him the mole.

Great work! :)
Psychedelica chapter 10 . 6/28/2011
What a beautiful story! I've been following it all the way and I'm happy to say I really enjoyed it. The ending was perfect, and you managed to keep my attention through ten (yes, TEN!) chapters (I have a remarkably short attention span).

Congratulations on such an amazing story. You deserve it!

~ Psychedelica ~
LittleMender chapter 10 . 6/27/2011
Oh, I do so miss Hightower. And I was just starting to enjoy her growing relationship with Lisbon.

What a sweet ending! I appreciate so much how you kept them in character, not taking them off on great sweeps of emotion-that's just not them. And I always like when they dress up a little to go out. You have good taste, by the way. And Lisbon WOULD be hesitant, and Jane WOULD understand.

Thanks so much for a great read, firstdown. I'll be looking for more from you!
LittleMender chapter 9 . 6/27/2011
"Find him so delicate"? Loved the phrasing of that. And I always appreciate it when someone writes Lisbon smart. We all know she has to be, but they don't seem to be able to write her that way for the show.

As for LaRoche, I liked the introduction of that character at first, but now he's grown annoying and tiresome, so I'm glad you made him a bad guy. Also, it fits with his creepy character and literally shifty eyes. And what is up with that tupperware?

And "Don't let go." So sweet and dear. The epilogue comes to quickly.
LittleMender chapter 8 . 6/27/2011
Lisbon's response to Jane's declaration of love with all of the feeling and intensity he's capable of - "How can you be so impulsive?" Perfect. Then she takes the opportunity to rip him a good one for how he handled the RJ-in-the-mall thing and ends with "And you're telling me this NOW?" Great monologue. And while perfectly proper, extremely inappropriate. Again, perfect.

I was waiting for the others to show. Now they're all going to be either big heroes or in deep do-do. Hopefully, Bertram and the AG are big on public perception.

Love Jane trying to keep every one of those promises-I'll be there, I'll save you, I'll protect you-even though he's clearly out of his element. Also glad you let him make a good showing.

Again, loving this story. Real life call now (just before the last chapter, not counting epilogue-OF COURSE), so I'll have to finish reading at my earliest opportunity.

Thanks for such a great Monday read, firstdown!
LittleMender chapter 7 . 6/27/2011
Before I start the review for this chapter, I forgot to mention that I had to chuckle at Lisbon's dogged determination at insisting Jane's place on the team and his closing cases was why she put up with him for years and is taking care of him now.

Loved Jane being arrogant to the point of obnoxiousness and Lisbon not hitting him because it would be "inappropriate".

And, wow. That was certainly unexpected. But it's foolish to think just because Red John's dead all of his followers will just stand down. Right now I'm just glad this story is complete so I don't have to worry about being left hanging!
LittleMender chapter 6 . 6/27/2011
I love the Jane-with-Lisbon moments. He's had all of this anger and hatred and bloodlust taking center stage in his psyche for nearly 8 years, and now there's a void, so a lot of stuff is going to try to step into that. It's no wonder he may not know where he is with Lisbon, or just where he is period. Investigating (and the drive) will be good for all of them, I think, and it will help Jane and Lisbon to focus.

This is so well written, and I love how your bringing the characters along. I don't feel like I'm being dragged along (or that the characters are being made to do anything forced) just for the sake of emotions or a desired (but unnatural for them) outcome.
LittleMender chapter 5 . 6/27/2011
I love Cho. In all of this Lisbon needs someone to lean on, and you've shown all of the things that make him very lean-on-able.

And it's good for Lisbon to be angry-it works for her, and it's always her first line of defense.

Another good chapter.
LittleMender chapter 4 . 6/27/2011
After the finale, I wrote a little, but I just couldn't bring myself to read any post-finale stories and have only recently started reading a wide range of any Mentalist fanfiction. So glad I found this story.

I really enjoy your filling in the scenes we didn't see-what happened at the cabin, Lisbon at the hospital, even Lisbon and the team at her place. All believable.

I also appreciate your research. Sometimes as I read fanfiction, I get distracted when I come across something I know isn't so, whether it's an issue in the criminal justice system or Jane's ability to drive from Sacramento to his house in Malibu in a matter of minutes (It's over 5 hours, for pete's sake!).

And I like the iinteraction between Jane and Lisbon. I can see Lisbon going either way on all of this, but I'm glad you took her in this I-don't-like-what-you-did-but-you're-friend-and-family-so-I'm-going-to-look-after-you direction. And I also liked how much he relied on her and still needed her. Don't know if that's how they'll play it in the show, but this too was believable. And I've wondered about her being considered a possible accessory, though cursory investigation would discount it-still, I have to think it would need to be looked into.

I wasn't going to review until the end, but I had to stop and give kudos at this point before I continued with the rest of the story.
TeresaLisbonCBI chapter 10 . 6/18/2011
I was glued to my laptop for this story. I read every chapter many times and keep checking fanfiction for updates. Thank you for writing it.
Amri91 chapter 10 . 6/18/2011
Awesome epilogue...A good ending to a good story.

Loved it!
MissDonnie chapter 10 . 6/17/2011
I loved the whole story...great work