Reviews for Out of the Shadows
Gulanticus chapter 10 . 10/7/2011
I'm imagining Ino sliding under the kunochi's punch on her knees - hair just grazing the forest floor. What a beautiful sight! What can I say - I'm a guy!

Thanks for sharing
hackneyqueenextreme chapter 9 . 9/30/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. The perspective chosen is unique and a real breath of fresh air. The non-cannon changes have made the character growth very didsinct while still falling under the believable category. The emotional segments well balance the changes in the mindset of the main characters. I have especially liked how you have fleshed out characters that the origoinal cannon left fairly static. Your interactions among charaters have held fairly true to the basis presented in the canon but the phycological examination of the why's have helped the reader to have a greater understanding of the pressures of living the presented existance. My favorite portion though has to be the fact that Team 10 has grown to be such a strong team. The canon gave them potential but it never quite clicked. In your story, that potential has been explored without moving to the extreme side where they are so tough they could beat anyone without batting an eye. I can not wait to see where you will take this story next!
Lucy Ash Hawthorne chapter 9 . 9/3/2011
cool
Rileyyy chapter 9 . 8/31/2011
you have no idea how happy i am that you updated! Shikamaru is up there with Itachi on my list of favortie characters and i think you're doing him justice ). i've been dying for an update, and here it is. so thank you! and please update as soon as you can )
Miroku Kensei chapter 9 . 8/31/2011
Wow. I am enthralled with the direction you are going with both team 10 and the story as a whole.
Akai Tenshi96 chapter 9 . 8/31/2011
I have been waiting so long for an update and i can't say anything besides this: It was worth waiting for. I personally love team 10, Shika is also my fave, so this was exactly what I like in , thank you so much for this chappie.
Gulanticus chapter 9 . 8/30/2011
hehehe I like it! I do not think this was too sappy. I expect partents to make speeches before a big event. I think that you should have written in Naruto's speech. Together with what Shikamaru pulled, I think the speech would have been perfect.
Osamura chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I really enjoyed this story. I've always been fond of team 10, so this story is a real treat.

It did have a slow start but the excellent characterization still made it enjoyable. I think I like your with Ino the most. You actually make her a rather likable and interesting character, which I don't think she always comes off as in the manga/anime, and she's stronger too. Your genin Ino may already be stronger than chunin Ino currently in the manga, and that's awesome.

I can't wait to see what this new, stronger team 10 does in chunin exams. Update soon!
Wenxi chapter 8 . 8/24/2011
Pretty. I love your descriptions. Setting the shadow on fire, and Temari's POV. I'm glad they're serious now though. It's nice reading about Team 10/8/Gai.
Smozzick chapter 8 . 8/17/2011
Update? Please?

Really good team 10 story, keep it up!
Gulanticus chapter 8 . 6/20/2011
Nice to see ya spending some time with Ino. And interesting use of the Shadow and Katon Jutsu. I'm looking forward to the exams; to see if you will have Shikamaru and Temari fight
Jim954 chapter 7 . 6/15/2011
Great build up to the big event, really enjoying this story so far.
Gulanticus chapter 7 . 6/15/2011
I would have added 'Humility' to the title of this chapter as well. It's 4:24 in the morning, so forgive me for being a little loopy. I'm thinking that Shikamaru's 'guilt' could have been scretched a bit more, but even thinking about it now, I would eventually have to agree that, at their stage of alarm staging, seasoned shinobi would have been able to avoid it...or if not would have only delayed them a moment. I'm not sure if you are going to make Shikamaru confess that he fell asleep or if you will let the matter go, now that each has seemingly made a vow to be better. I was about to write something in the vein of 'with great powers comes great responsibility', but as I mentioned, I'm quite tired so I hope you are familiar with Peter Parker and how his uncled died, thus leading him to be Spiderman the crimefighter rather than the wrestler.

Thank you for sharing, and quickly I might add, and I look forward to your next chapter.
elektricstorm chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
Ouch, cliffie... Great chapter, though! I was so happy when Shikamaru managed to split his shadow I hope the next update comes soon, cliffhangers are so cruel :P
Gulanticus chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
Thank you for posting so quickly! Your plan for Shikamaru was predictable in a sense but that's ok. The way you wrote it, gave enough shock, that I expected Shikamaru to be ripped in two in the next chapter. Shika is my favorite, yet I'm looking forward to how Choji deals with his first kill. You left enough foreshadowing in the previous chapters for the reader to know that he does want to kill, but now that he has, I'm waiting to see what his psychy will be like. If I have to make a critique, it would be about the way you are writting Ino. You have given the reader more about Choji than any other character, but Ino is the least of the four you develop her more or keep her in the background since you have now open the way to develop Shikamaru?
188 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 Next »