Reviews for Out of the Shadows
SixPerfections chapter 5 . 8/10/2013
Toshiyo can suck it. Good story though.
chaosalien chapter 22 . 7/16/2013
Great story, ill be reading the sequal if its up already!
TrisakAminawn chapter 3 . 7/15/2013
...I have that book. Alice Miller is given to melodrama, and more so as she got older - have you read 'Thou Shalt Not Be Aware'? - but she makes some very good observations.

I like how Itachi is actually an even better example of the overtraining problem than Shikaku is aware. I honestly can't see Shikamaru ever letting himself be used like that, not because he's so *very* much cleverer than Itachi, but because of his personality - but then, a lot of that difference could indeed be down to the way he was raised. Itachi was naturally inclined to abrogate his 'self' in favor of others, but would probably have been the stubborn type in the normal sense if he hadn't been excessively subjugated, while Shikamaru is quite selfish in the everyday way, but is capable of healthy altruism without being especially manipulable. I.e., he has normal egotism, rather than having been turned into a weapon. As a whole person, he is less obviously useful and less easily commanded, but much more capable of balanced command decisions and survival, and can be trusted in a throughgoing sense. Yay! Willoffire.

The abuse of Itachi's natural empathy and emotional reliance on the parents actually lines up remarkably well with the kind of damage Miller depicts as arriving from overdiscipline by emotionally damaged parents, especially for 'gifted' children. Allowing for the 'child assassin' angle not really having come up in the course of her practice. I wonder how Fire Country psychoanalysis differs, and if this version of Miller had any shinobi subjects. Heh.
Hiyoshi Ren chapter 22 . 7/1/2013
this is so cool... inoshikacho go!
Hiyoshi Ren chapter 9 . 7/1/2013
yup gotta agree with ya shikamaru. but you kinda bring it to brought it to yourself buddy.
Snakespur chapter 8 . 5/28/2013
Someone may have pointed this out already but: "Earth, fire, water and wind: the four elements forming the base for most ninjutsu." You forgot to mention lightning.
mydemonsangel chapter 22 . 4/22/2013
Great story! They were always my favorite team and really wish that more focus could have been on them from the start.
mydemonsangel chapter 21 . 4/22/2013
"Take your fate and… shove it up your ass!" By far the BEST PART OF THIS CHAPTER! I freaking love Hinata for that one and more then once shouted it at the screen during the Chunin exam Arc.
TheOnlyWayOut chapter 10 . 3/25/2013
Yeah Ino! Those battles were super cool.
TheOnlyWayOut chapter 8 . 3/25/2013
Good breather chapter. It's been pretty heavy and while I still wouldn't call this light, it was a nice break.

The scene between Asuma and Kurenai was adorable. I'm not usually one for romance but the feels! It made me smile.

It's great that Ino is stepping up! I'm kinda bummed it's genjutsu 'cos as you said, all the token-females learn it. I like that there was a justification for it and it really does round out Team 10's abilities. Anyways, I would call Ino or Kurenai girly or weak- they'd kick your butt if they heard that.

What Shikamaru thought to do with his shadow was really cool. I'm glad somebody else thinks he'd be a fire elemental instead of a mysterious sixth shadow element or something. Fire does create shadow...

And Temari's showing up!

On to the next chapter...
TheOnlyWayOut chapter 7 . 3/25/2013
"His legs were burning in minutes and his ribs became knives of agony sticking in his chest, but he only pushed more speed through to his protesting muscles. But no matter how fast he ran, his shadow stayed right behind him. And clinging to him even tighter than his shadow was his shame, as deep as the ocean and colder than ice. His legs carried him farther, desperately trying to deny the truth he knew in his heart: he couldn't run away from himself."

Beautiful. I have a question, though. How did Ino know that Shikamaru didn't set the alarms?
TheOnlyWayOut chapter 6 . 3/25/2013
Wow! Just stared reading this story and I haven't been able to put it down. You have a great handle on the characters. I liked especially how you played Asuma and Shikaku. Shikaku's drinking problem in this (while never mentioned in canon) is a clever and fitting addition to the character. And Asuma is just such a lovable Team-Daddy!

Poor Toshiyo! Jeez, could the situation gotten any worse for Team Ten? Anyway, on to the next chapter to find out. Just wanted to say I am loving this fanfic so far.
Fandoulli chapter 22 . 3/16/2013
Hi, awesome story! Looking forward to starting on the sequel tomorrow. Cheers!
1sunfun chapter 22 . 2/17/2013
A really nice and interesting story. Very good, original and exciting.
1sunfun
Reading Nut Cassirole chapter 22 . 2/17/2013
that story was so good. i loved it and i cant wait to read the sequel

keep up the good work :)
192 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »