Reviews for Out of the Shadows
1sunfun chapter 17 . 2/17/2013
Shikamaru and his squad were hidden behind various trees, awaiting the arrival of their pursuers. Hinata was crouching behind the tree closest to Shikamaru, her byakugan activated so she could monitor the incoming attackers. She flashed eight fingers at Orochimaru, and gave the hand signal that meant they were approaching in a straight line

The Orochimaru should also be Shikamaru.

1sunfun
Reading Nut Cassirole chapter 15 . 2/16/2013
ok im deff not done reading this story but i had to comment on one thing... THAT MOVE SHIKAMARU DID WAS TOTALLY AWSOME! i loved it and really which he new how to do it in the actual series cuz that would just be so awsome to see him actually preform... ok im gonna continue with the story now :)

keep up the good work :)
Tandy Sandman chapter 22 . 1/20/2013
This is probably one of the best Shikamaru centred piece I've read. Thanks so much for sharing, I really enjoyed it!
LucianUzumaki chapter 9 . 1/1/2013
If you target a shinobi of this village, be prepared to pay the ultimate price. In Konoha, even the shadows can kill. I love that line. I've always been a fan of Shikamaru. He is bad ass to the core and the fact that he doesn't flaunt it makes him that much cooler. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite team 10/shika fics.
Ariseye chapter 22 . 12/9/2012
This story epitomized exactly why I still read fanfiction. After dodging through all of the terrible grammar, spelling, completely unbelievable characters, and copy-paste stories, every once in awhile you hit a gem like this. The characters changed, but in a mostly believable way (Hinata being the only one I felt was a bit extreme given the lack of drastic events). Most of all, it was still Naruto, still the characters and world that I was aiming to read without being a simple rehash of the events Naruto's team faced. It exposed new material without needing any drastic "visitations", "gift techniques", or "best everers".

Thanks for the great read, I look forward to more.
kasanerusatoshi chapter 22 . 10/25/2012
Great story. I actually enjoyed this version much more than the original! You made the characters so much more complex and filled with so much more emotion- and I liked how you made Ino and Hinata, who were portrayed as basically useless, show the potential and the power they have!
Hellfire Putten Ninja chapter 22 . 8/25/2012
One of your most epic stories! Off to read the sequel XD
Crown of Shadows chapter 22 . 8/3/2012
Excellent Story all the way through.

The way Team 10 was written was great. The dialogue and character development was spot on. I did worry that you were making them too dark and cold but in the end they were still who they have always been. I still think Shikamaru would still spend time staring at clouds, I never thought the only reason he did was because he was lazy but because it helped him relax and focus his mind.

Some of the characters talked in a way that I didn't fit with who they were. The third hokage and Gaara(when he was in the hospital) are just some of the people that spring to mind.

The Sasuke retreival arc was great and veered away from the original manga that you can take the story in a number of different directions.

Sasuke having his mind wiped of his brother should prove to be a big game changer. It'll be interesting to see how Itachi is handled in the next story with the third Hokage alive and him knowing where Itachi's true loyalties lie.

Can't wait to read the next part of the Story.
Crown of Shadows chapter 18 . 8/2/2012
I thought the Hokage battle was a little too short. The first and second seemed to be taken out a little too quick. Orochimaru should've been hurt a little more considering who he was up against.

I hope Kabuto isn't dead. Based on what is currently going on in the manga and the big role he has there I hope its not the end of him. Considering the fact that we didn't witness the fight makes me think he will come back in some way.

The fight with Gaara was great and with Gamabunta being preoccupied it was nice to see the genin come up with a different solution to end the fight.

Can't wait to read the rest.
Crown of Shadows chapter 16 . 8/1/2012
Great story so far.

Even with knowledge of the invasion beforehand it's not something that would be easy to defeat and it really shows.

Before the matches when naruto comes back with 3 people shouldn't Shizune be with them. Not a big deal but just something I noticed.

Choji vs Neji was a great fight and it was nice to see Choji realize what was going on and adjust his strategy on his own without Shikamarus help.

I think the Hokage still has to die after his battle even though he has some major help. It'll be interesting to see how Tsunade reacts to having to fight her grandfather the 1st hokage.
chibi heishi chapter 22 . 7/30/2012
Oh, this was very, very good. I always did like Shikamaru, and playing with the potential of the Rookie 9 is always fun.
Zaphod Prefect chapter 22 . 7/28/2012
I Have been reading your story for the past three days and I just finished it. It is an amazing tale. I've always wondered what would happen if Shikamaru became motivated earlier, and I'm really happy with the direction you took with his character. I also liked the balance between grittiness and humour; the rookie 9 growing up, Hinata's and Neji's bond, and Jiraiya's portrayal as a badass shinobi (his casual dismissal of murdering Kabuto had me supress a shiver). Very well done.
Crown of Shadows chapter 13 . 7/27/2012
So now the preliminary matches are over and the real event so going to happen soon.

The fights that were the same as the manga were alright. They were done quick and offered other peoples thoughts on what was going on.

Gaara vs. zaku was very similar to his battle with Shino in the original.

Shikamaru vs. Dosu was an interesting fight. Don't know how i feel about Shikamaru killing him. I know he's more focused and determined to save his friends but something about it just didn't feel right.

Hinata vs Kin. Good to see Hinata step up and move to the next round.

Neji vs. Lee was probably the best fight. Lee has been training for the chance to show to Neji that hardwork does pay off and showed what he is capable of.

Choji vs. Mizumi and Ino vs. Sakura were both good fights and its good to see that all of Team 10 will have a reason to keep training and not just Shikamaru.

Shino vs. Kankuro was a pretty even match with Shino just barely pulling out the victory.

Can't wait for the exams to see how the invasion plays out.
Crown of Shadows chapter 10 . 7/23/2012
I thought there would've been more of an obstacle for the team during this stage in the exam. They finished the first test first and now there done this first as well. Since they had an extra scroll I thought they would run into one of the other teams at least.

Having said that the fights were well written and it was good to see Ino have her moment to shine and prove herself.

Ino learning telepathy this early is really effective and has certainly paid off during the exams. With a tactical genius like Shikamaru on their team and him not having to say out loud his plans really makes this team more of a force.
Crown of Shadows chapter 6 . 7/23/2012
Great chapter. I can see how there will be changes between all members of Team 10.
Shikamaru especially since he has always been able to think so many moves ahead and it was his falling asleep on the job that nearly cost his friends their lives.
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »