Reviews for The Dogs of War
Zane-Ice-Fairy chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
This was really good!
buggleston chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Well done- intense situation for both Newkirk and LeBeau - brings out the meaning of a true friendship- really like that but why does everyone have to pick on poor Newkirk?
80sarcades chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
A true friendship story! Looks like the buyer got what she paid for, and more. Very nicely done; it was only fitting that you had the dogs turn on their 'master'. Great read!
Deana chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Great story! :)
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Beautiful, particularly the scene where LeBeau carries Newkirk. Not something you'd exactly picture our little French corporal doing under normal circumstances, but in this case, I can't see him doing anything else.

I agree with Sgt. Moffitt. I think Newkirk's needs his own protective society the way we write about him!
Kirarakim chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
THANK YOU...I loved it! A lot of great tension and an interesting adversary for Newkirk & Lebeau to face. I really enjoyed the Newkirk angst (guilty look) but the Newkirk/Lebeau interaction was also wonderful. I loved how Lebeau stuck by him. Awww!

Also clever way to explain why the dogs were not attacking Lebeau. I am also glad J├Ąger got just what he deserved in the end. It was very fitting!

"This eventually passed, and the harrowing incident was soon pushed to the back of his mind to take its place among the memories of all the other harrowing incidents that the Englishman had been through."

This was my favorite line of the story. LOL
Jinzle chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
What a beautiful story of friendship. LeBeau unable to leave his wounded friend, even though he faced a horrific death. But had the shoe been on the other foot, Newkirk would have acted just as valiantly for his "little mate." Wonderful story. How could theboysfrombarrackstwo be upset with this?
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
That was definitely harrowing, all right! I was getting pretty worried for Newkirk, there. I enjoyed this; it was very suspenseful and well-written. (Not sure how well your defense will stand up in court, though...lol) Great job! Thanks for posting it here!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
Poor Newkirk! There should be a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to British Corporals.