Reviews for A Camelot Knight in King Peter's Court
MissPollyPlummer chapter 6 . 11/12/2014
Thank you so much! This was really good and so funny!
MissPolllyPlummer
Womgel chapter 6 . 6/2/2013
I now need to re-find (do you think you should be able to add standard prefixes to everything too?) my copy of the sword in the stone. I wonder where it might have got to...
Thank you for reminding me why I did actually like that book (Merlin is so eccentricly (I agree about suffixes) brilliant). This was a very interesting story, although I have to admit, I liked your portrayal of the knights more than the Pevensies. Then again I always have felt that they must have got annoyingly perfect while they were kings and queens, so it's perhaps not your fault. The writing was beautiful though. I can't describe how happy it makes me to find someone on this website who can, and does, write as if they were going to submit their work to a publisher. It's lovely! Thank you very much.
Arrowhead1996 chapter 6 . 3/12/2013
This was so funny! Peter as a canary was extremely funny.
ww chapter 6 . 2/21/2013
Very fun story! The premise itself was so interesting (and weren't the Pevensies' return in Prince Caspian described as akin to King Arthur returning to England?), and I really liked the way you paired everyone up such that the parallels in their stories/personalities would come through.

I am trying to figure out when in Gerald Morris's books this could take place though - before Merlin leaves, but after Lancelot's appearance? (Unless perhaps Merlin dropped by to visit).
Syncopathic chapter 6 . 1/4/2013
Bloody oath mate you could be a professional author with how well you write. My mad ramblings now feel insignificant
USMA2020 chapter 6 . 8/23/2012
This was really interesting. Poor Peter, though. It was kind of funny and an interesting twist. I liked it. I do think that Merlin turning Peter into a canary is good entertainment, although with my attachment to the Narnia characters, I really did feel rather sorry for him. I loved the last part, especially the last two paragraphs.

USMA2020 chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
Oh great, just great, 'Peter the Canary'. What a wonderful title. I can't wait to see how you get them out of this mess. Good story. :)

USMA2020 chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
This was really good, although I am having to work at remembering the King Arthur stuff. I don't know what is supposed to be true and what isn't as I was Young Queen Guinevere in the Knights of the Round Table, but the play was written by my drama teacher. I am enjoying the story and I can't wait to see what happens next.

USMA2020 chapter 3 . 8/23/2012
This was very good. I love the whole idea. I would love to see more of this kind of thing.

USMA2020 chapter 2 . 8/23/2012
This was very good, although definitely out of the ordinary. I can't wait to see what happens next.

USMA2020 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Definitely interesting. First crossover I have read and I can tell this is goig to be good.

May The Lion Be With You and His Blessings Upon You,
Paula19 chapter 6 . 6/11/2012
I've just read the whole story and had to review and tell you how much I enjoyed it - in fact I'm still laughing over "Peter the canary". Funniest lines - "we did want colour didn't we King Peter!" - "Ed, He's a canary" - "By jove, I can talk" - but top marks go to "keep up the good work and you'll get us all killed"!. I'd forgotten about Wart being a Merlin - but I loved the way you used that to feed into Merlin's reaction. I wish Merlin had brought his owl with him (I'd love to have heard his reaction when Peter asked to be an owl). The most moving chapter was definitely Edmund and Sir Kay - all these years the only image I've had in my head (of Kay) is the lout from Disney's "Sword in the Stone" - but I'll remember your Sir Kay from now on - and your Lancelot. He's nicer than the "Camelot" version. Corin and Dinadin are a good match for each other with their questions. Do you have plans to do any more stories around this? I'd love to see Merlin meeting the Professor (but although I see a lot of similarities between them, I don't think Digory is as grumpy as Merlin). I also enjoyed your take on the other inhabitants of the Cair. Might you write another story about them some time? If this is silliness - I'm all for it.

Thank you for sharing your work with us - you made my day. Cheers, Paula.
RAGA chapter 6 . 5/29/2012
Oh my, that was quite excellent. Yes, I do believe that I enjoyed reading this very much. :D

What a wonderful tale of travelling knights, masterful cooks, and such a lovely canary. This was a very nice crossover indeed. And whose to say that Arthur's knights didn't wind up in other worlds during their travels? There were, I believe, enough magics and adversaries in that tales that some of the stories could have been located in another dimension entirely. Also, it's not as though there may be untold accounts, which we may never know of.
Silvertongue90 chapter 6 . 5/29/2012
I love Merlin! And I'm glad you made several references to the cartoon, The Sword in the Stone. I love that movie.

I was laughing so hard while reading the fifth and sixth chapter, I had tears in my eyes!

Poor Peter. :)

Thanks for writing this.
xComeAlongPond chapter 6 . 5/29/2012
Fantastic ending to this hilarious tale! I was laughing so hard at the "depressed Canary", Edmund's complete annoyance at Merlin, Sir Kay as the unlikely mediator, Lucy's comment about teaching Peter to fly, and Merlin's opportune dementia: "just keep him away from falcons and cats!" Wow. Peter seemed so vulnerable in that sentence. Thank goodness the spell wore off in an hour!

I also liked the relationship between Lancelot & Susan: I think a lot of people would have tried to create an out-of-place-and-time (seriously!) romance, which would have ruined the whole aspect of this story (and possibly my view of the two characters in their respective fandoms/stories). Your portrayal of Susan as having the advantage of knowing history/legend, yet still acting as a caring "older" sister (who she really is, of course. Not this sappy, one dimensional character who falls for every handsome knight to come her way)-I thought was well written. Lancelot came across to me as someone whose heart was still loyal to his Queen, but there seemed to be a sadness/reserve portrayed in his character. He became very noble in my eyes-something I have always felt in the stories about him.(Of course, that was before he fell for Queen Guinevere). However, it was good that Susan didn't tell him at the end-Lancelot needed to learn what the inevitable was going to teach him.

Oh! One more thing, I realized that a merlin _is_ a bird, so the real Merlin was understandably ticked off when Peter asked about a colorful bird. LOL. Merlin himself is very strange in a hilarious and slightly annoying way. :)

All in all, great ending to this marvelous story! I've enjoyed it very much.

Aeralinde