Reviews for Parallel Lives
Noooo I want to see shep x shep come ooon!
shiftingshadows963 chapter 16 . 2/7
I really like how different you made John and Jane. Most I read with both have them acting the same or way too opposite. They both have a similar situation but both are thinking differently. John sees Miranda as ' that's my girlfriend, she just doesn't know It yet' while Jane's so different.
She seems to see it as ' that's not my mate but I've fallen anyway'. I like how different they are.
daarb123 chapter 34 . 12/5/2016
Jamie,

I don't know if you read every review, but I just wanted to show my appreciation for all your hard work. This is a great take on the two Shepards scenario, and I really like how you've chosen the roles of all the characters and how they complement each Shepard.

I just read through the entire thing over the past two days. It's been quite the ride so far, and I can't wait to see the next installment.

~daarb123
BisquickLite chapter 34 . 10/10/2016
:D I am super excited for more chapters to be loaded up. It took me a while to read through everything already uploaded, but man have I fallen for this story. Having Bizzaro-Shepards crew in the regular game has thrown things off enough to be very, very entertaining. (He didn't complete all the damn loyalty missions! Cerberus had them trying to find damn Morinth! (For real I was sitting there for a chapter or two thinking "Who the fuck is Mirala. I don't remember an asari called damn Mirala." But then it dawned on me! Mirala is fuckin Morinth's real name!)

Also as much as I'd like to see them together, I am so, so enjoying the shitshow between Jane and Bizzaro-Garrus. I really am. It is delicious. Jane being a dumb bitch and not letting Garrus know what the heck was up with her new-widow status and such(Which I get. I do. That's an awkward conversation to have.). Then when shit was going down and he DID find out Jane's previous situation, I swear I sat back and had one of those 'Ohhh shit dis gonna be good' moment in my head. And it was good. And I love the little game Thane is playing. (Super sneaky assassin with a heart of gold.)

Anyway, I usually don't leave long reviews, but I binged on 34 chapters over like a week. Keep up the good work!
Joking611 chapter 34 . 9/27/2016
Best title ever.
Roaming-Guardian chapter 34 . 9/27/2016
I am enjoying you story but I do have a nitpick on the technology.
Quantum entanglement communicators work by reading changes on one atom of an entangled pair and translating that into information, it allows for instantaneous, completely secure communication over any distance. The unit on the Normandy is directly linked to a paired unit on tartare station. There are no bouys involved, at least not at this stage of the technology. Theoretically there would eventually be a web of several paired devices allowing multiple users but they are very new tech in mass effect.
AwesomeCupcakez chapter 34 . 9/26/2016
A new chapter of Parallel lives? Is it christmas already?! :D Oh, how I've missed this story
Kel chapter 34 . 9/23/2016
Its alive!
Welcome back.
DONOVAN94 chapter 34 . 9/23/2016
Yes it's back! And I love it!
This chapter really captured the hopelessness that is present in the scenes so great for building on atmosphere.
The one I do want, though is for John to appreciate Jane. I know they'll never see eye to eye, but I think it would be nice if John figured out how important she is to the ship. She does all the work, she listens to all the crew - I'd expect most of them to be loyal to her over him by now - and what's more, half of the crew is June's squad from Mass Effect 1, so of course they'd want her back and nit appreciate John blowing this.
Plus, some part of me just wants to see John put in his place. You know, just temporarily ;)
Biorr the Old chapter 34 . 9/22/2016
Damn here I was thinking this was one for the graveyard. Good on you for keeping on track mate & God speed on the next update & have yourself a safe surgery recovery.
Guest chapter 33 . 9/20/2016
Not sure why this is tagged with Miranda seeing as she's a Cerberus agent from the get go and kills Kelly and Kasuni before she gets what's coming.

The story isn't very good but I kept reading in hopes that it would get better. It doesn't.
Sisypheria chapter 33 . 9/14/2016
You’re masterful at descriptions, and I am particularly fond of your description of the med-bay being like a war zone and explaining what everyone is doing. Gardner is such a trooper. Lots of respect for him. And Kaidan. He’s a sweetheart, and I feel bad for killing him in my second playthrough. Lol. Your characterization of Tali is spot-on, especially with the “I can do that. I can do that.” I can just hear her voice rising and becoming more confident when she realizes what she can do in a bad situation. UGHHH. Illusive Man. Insufferable, arrogant jerk. We need that next chapter, Jamie. Readers don't know what to expect-how are they going to save Jane?
Sisypheria chapter 32 . 9/14/2016
Poor Garrus and his nightmares. I'm glad you chose to describe the nightmare and let us re-live it with him. The interaction between Garrus and John that follows is fantastic. I love the turian and human rivalry turned into a lighthearted joke between two friends.

UGH—Miranda, Miranda. Very hard character for me to like for multiple reasons, but you really know how to bring out her bad side naturally and believably (which is scary). She’s so ruthless and cold. Her death here reminds me of the scene between Shepard and Kaidan or Ashley on the Citadel…how a teammate will take them out if you don't. The Joker part makes me hurt. But I love how his relationship with EDI is growing. And oh Kelly. So sad.

My nickname for you is the Suspense Queen because holy hell, look at how you end this chapter. Everything is already suspenseful—people DIE—and then bam. Jane’s been abducted. Very intense chapter, Jamie! I’m glad you’re not afraid to write the nitty and gritty parts like character deaths.
StillWittyKatie chapter 33 . 7/25/2016
I've been plowing through this story in my (rare) spare time for three weeks now. I too know how precious little spare time a student has, especially a non-traditional student like yourself. I'm a mother of three who will be starting my senior year in college this fall; I don't have much time for stuff outside of the necessities of a student/mother/wife. My one reliable release is fanfic, because as a reader it is undemanding. I appreciate all the time and effort authors put into their stories, and I want to thank you. I'll be following and favoriting this so I can catch your updates whenever you're able to post them.
Sisypheria chapter 31 . 7/21/2016
Oh my heaven, I never reviewed from 31 onward! Changing that right now. Re-reading this, I am reminded how much I admire Kaidan. He's such a good guy, and I really enjoy how you write him. I found him a little boring in the games just because of the strong personalities the other characters have, but I find a new appreciation in him because of you. Oh, and your Garrus is spot-on, as always. I do want to slap him for giving up on talking to Jane. GRR. Something else I've noticed in my re-reading is how good you are at building up suspense before events occur; the Miranda situation, for example. Your readers are on the edge of their seats, Jamie. Such good writing!