Reviews for Beyond The Grief
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
nice

not amazing though
srry
its real sweet though! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
DRAMA BOMB!lol
Guest chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
drama bomb
Ludwig.fangirl chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Beautiful story. :D
DiegoRedeemedLover chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Oh my word Goddess on A Highway! This is such a heart-meltingly beautiful story!

I love this opening sentence: [It was a beautiful moonlit night, ideal for the romantic sensed. The sky was a deep purple, with anthracite clouds and an occasional lost star shining from the vast universe. The air was silent but the hearts pounded loudly.

Manny had taken Ellie to a spot at the lake. The moon reflected on the rippled water. The wind whispered through the leaves of deciduous trees, of this newborn love between the two pachyderms.]

The comment about the "occasional lost star shining from the vast universe" and "how the air was silent but their hearts pounded loudly" was so poetic, I love it! :)

I also love the callback to the first sequel that goldenpoun pointed out here: "Compared to the flood of love he felt for her, the meltdown was just a drop of rain. It was unbelievable that he'd ever meet his match again. Some only met their true love once, others never, but he did twice." And Manny's reflection that he had the blessing of meeting his true love twice and his gratefulness that he was able to do so. :)

I also adored this part: "She taught him that he had all the right to fall in love again, that he deserved the blessing of true love once again. Even though he felt disloyal to his first love at times, looking at her made him understand it was all right. She gave him the time to get used to this new wave of emotions without claiming his heart for her only."

I love how you mention that Ellie gave him the freedom to love her and also kept her heart open to him without claiming it for herself only - very in-character for both Manny and Ellie. :D

This was such a beautifully written story Goddess! You should really write more IA fics, I'd love to see them! :)
goldenpuon chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I very much enjoyed this story. Great Manny/Ellie songfic GOAH!

You did a great job putting detail into this and I loved the opening. [The sky was a deep purple, with anthracite clouds and an occasional lost star shining from the vast universe.] Very vivid and great word choice with describing the sky and clouds.

I also enjoying reading Manny's thoughts on Ellie and pondering his love for her. You did so with a great amount of carefully written detail and I like how you commented on how the twilight enhanced Ellie's appearance in the following quote from your story.

[The mammoth bull watched the female with her vivid green eyes, quenching her thirst from the stagnant water. Her orange pelt had turned a pale brown in the twilight. She truly was a beauty worth looking at. But his love and appreciation for her went farther than her appearance.]

I really enjoyed reading the song lyrics too. It perfectly fits what is going on, Manny's happiness and greatfulness about Ellie loving him, how lucky he feels to have her, etc.

You used the metaphor, [Compared to the flood of love he felt for her, the meltdown was just a drop of rain.] this really sums up well how Manny feels about Ellie and just how much he cares for her. Beautifully written: I can tell you put a lot of effort into this part and picking a metaphor that so strongly conveys how Manfred feels for Ellie and calls back to Ice Age 2 at the same time. Oneof my favorite parts in here. ;)

I love how at the end, you wrote how Manny could tell Ellie moved him, and did so without words. I liked the transition Manny went through from being nervous if Elluie moved him back to feeling like his life was complete at the end. Very touching! Great oneshot!

Your writing is excellent!
Funkywatermelon chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Cute! Keep up the good work!

This will be put into the because we want to not because we have to club!

Keep up the good work!
KaylaDestroyer chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Great job! I liked the ending, maybe you should do a sequel.