Reviews for Harry Potter: Duke of Gryffindor
StoryReigns96 chapter 17 . 6/23
I'd say that this story is full of cliches but after reading some of the comments it would be ironic.
kyoshi711 chapter 9 . 6/8
The defence didn't mention half of what could have been said. Eample Dudley is his cousin and lives with him and no witnesses were called.
thonez chapter 10 . 5/4
Meh, tedious story. Its one of Harry Naruto Potter fics. With what Harry has he could easily defeat Voldemort, now without horcruxes.

Poor story, it has worst cliches. Soul-bound marriage that destroys horcruxes early. That pretty much closes romantic development. Weasley stealing and all Harry needs to do is visit Gringotts at start of story. Pathetic as it conflicts cannot. One steals because he is jealous of possessions. If they were really stealing then Ron would dress only in arachnomula silk with tale about inheriting from Nigerian prince.

Rest of story is spend with useless training we likely wont see that in action. I wish that you stopped torturing us with this story. Harry would take his 700 men minigun army and just shoot Dumbledore and Voldemort.
Jazmyine chapter 1 . 4/20
What a wonderful start. Inside I am jumping up and down, doing a body wave and giving you a big thumbs up! Externally, I am vegging on some pretzels and stopping this review so I can read the next chapter...
redfox-9 chapter 2 . 2/5
Great story so far! Ok I'm only at the second chapter, but well, I really like it.
However if I can make a suggestion... there are some mistakes with the verb tenses (you pass from past to present where there should be only past). It's a little distracting for reading fluently the story because I mentally correct them every time. So I think your story would become even better if you re-read it and correct them or ask a beta to do it.
doubledamn chapter 25 . 2/3
I know that Al wanted to die there, but I can't help but ask - if the Killing Curse was stored in gem in the hilt, why didn't they just remove the hilt?
doubledamn chapter 24 . 2/3
Can the Patronus charm be tweaked to require a a different emotion? Rage, for instance, would probably affect more than just demntors.
doubledamn chapter 15 . 2/3
If you wanted to be really...creative. With who you swapped the drinks with, I'd go for either Ron and Ginny themselves, either keyed to themselves or each other, OR Umbridge/Snape/Dumbles.
doubledamn chapter 10 . 2/3
Next time Al goes there he should take a water pistol for the check-wands-guy's kid.
Ice Demon Ranger chapter 25 . 1/29
Ah man... I hate when one of the main good guys has to die.*sniff* Really good story.
Ice Demon Ranger chapter 9 . 1/28
I have a question... Why did they not use the Tri-wizard as part of the defense? It was stated clearly that no underage witch or wizard could compete, therefore Harry,as having been forced to compete was or should have been declared as of age. So this whole trial would/should be considered a farce. As he is no longer an underage wizard.
jheaton chapter 7 . 11/10/2014
I always try my best to overlook grammatical errors when reading fics, but your habit of changing verb tenses in the middle of a sentence has finally gotten to be too much for me. I was already a little on edge from when you changed Hermione's mother's name in the middle of Chapter 2. (Dan introduces her to York as Rose, but after that she's referred to as Emma.)
The Ghostly Minion chapter 3 . 11/7/2014
OK, I finally twigged it. Sir Alvin York, or should one say, Alvin Cullum York, otherwise, Sergeant York, the most celebrated US war hero of WWI. Coincidence? I think not.

Loved the effects of Harry and Hermione's first kiss. But, shouldn't that have exorcised the Horcrux inside Harry too? Granted, the backlash knocked everyone out (including Harry and Hermione?), so perhaps it did happen without anyone being aware of it.

D. Page Robin
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
A very promising first chapter. A couple unusual twists to the "Lord Potter" theme. I like the idea that Hermione's father was RN. Will there be a mundane weapons as a surprise to the Wizards theme?

One thought though, if Dobby is involved, why not use the elves to provide transport? In canon, they were always underused-case in point is Kreacher and Dobby between them could have at least kept H&H&R fed and warm and additionally proteced in the Hunt.

Anyway, this story has my interest.

D. Page Robin