Reviews for Pride of Ostia
The Exile chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Sorry I didn't get round to reviewing this, I pretty much stopped using LJ before it was finished. Thank you for writing it for me. It is well written and I think you've gotten people's characters down well.
People do like killing off Oswin in fics... poor guy... I suppose his being near death is the only thing that would get him to loosen up and admit anything at all about himself.
AlwAys-wRiting-foREvER chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
This is freakin amazing. Really, really well done.
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Hah, the dymanic relationship/friendship between Hector and Oswin always amused me, Oswin is just like Hector's baby-sitter. Their interactions are so regaling-he might as well be a second father to Hector. XD

And the ending...that was very touching. Everything that needed to be said between the two men was said and the part where Oswin said "Tell Serra I'm sorry" made me go "Awww! Poor Serra." Again, you have written another fine piece of FE work.

SpeedDemon315
patattack chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Nice! liked the stuff about hector being responsible and oswin acting surprised because of it.
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Aw. This was quite sweet, and it *is* good to see an Oswin/Hector knightly loyalty piece. The structure was a little choppy, and some sentences were phrased strangely ("given the same duty that usually befell that of a nanny"), but overall this was a very nice read- "out of practice" or not!

I especially liked the glimpse of Hector as a fourteen-year-old for some reason.
quintilis chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I like the style and tone of this a lot. The vignettes tie together nicely, and there is an overall sense of...loss? about everything, even the light-hearted parts. Also, little things were good touches - the last line, Matthew and Serra's presence, how the identity of Hector's wife is left ambiguous (I really don't like any of the support choices paired romantically with him in the game, so I'll pretend this wife is some beautiful faraway princess).

Good work! I see that being out of practice is not as taxing as it must seem.