Reviews for A Long Wait
augmentedfourth chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Oh Rhys...once he gets an idea in his head, he really can't let it go, can he? I can completely believe that Mieu had a hard time convincing him she is who she says she is.

I'm still trying to decide how I feel about Mieu being in a cryonic chamber. After all, she wouldn't be the first in the game to do something similar, and it does probably make more sense that she wasn't just standing by the lake for 1000 years (though I do sort of like the idea of that kind of loyalty), but it seems like that she, as a machine, could just go into some sort of a sleep mode by herself. Regardless, it was a nice touch to write that she wasn't crazy about the idea, but she had to obey Orakio anyway.

Now I know we've had a conversation before about how Mieu sees Rhys differently from Adan (and Nial) as the 2nd and 3rd generation characters grew up with her and she and Rhys met later in his life. I can get behind her being a little cranky and impatient with him, especially after the way he chose to introduce himself. That said, I think the biting at the end was REALLY petty and immature. To me, Mieu always seemed like the graceful, classy voice of reason of the party and as she's centuries "older" than Rhys, she shouldn't stoop to his level. I think I would have even been okay if she gave him a quick poke with one of her claws or something like that if she really needed a drop of blood. The biting was just overly silly and seems beneath her, to be honest.