Reviews for Frigid Winds and Burning Hearts
Maegash1r4 chapter 14 . 4/29/2013
That was the most brilliant story I read in months.
Maegash1r4 chapter 7 . 4/26/2013
Big Mac: "guards are closing in, they all saw that rainboom. Should be here any second. Now where were we. Ah yes! Let me give you a long and elaborate speech about our parents before we head out" :-) great story though.
Kari-Kateora chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Within the first chapter, I find a Lord of the Rings reference and Greek used an an old language.

Fascinating.

I have never felt entirely comfortable with Celestia being portrayed as 'evil', but your story is quite captivating.
Swashbucklist chapter 14 . 9/26/2012
You could've gotten away with having Spike trampled to death rather than some random colt. It would've affected Rarity (his crush) and Celestia (his mother figure) more deeply. He was pretty pointless throughout the story, and I doubt many readers would've cared; few people seem to give a rat's ass about him.
d715 chapter 15 . 8/23/2012
After a bit of skimming threw a few chapters. I can say its been 1000x times better than what they were before. I know we've haven't seen eye to eye, ever. But I still enjoyed this, diamond in the rough, while it still has flaws (mainly stuff about the Everfree forest itself) and glad it didn't devoted into a long rant about how much Luna hates Celestia what the story somethings seem as. Celestia has grown to being one of my favorite characters and I'm really sick of seem being viewed as an tyrant or a rapist.

As for the everfree, well I've always found it out the way you handle it. To me, it being the only normal forest (to human standards) it just to show how different their world it. Its the odd one out, (as I mention) kinda like how in I Am Legend, how the last human in a world of vampires is now the real monster. I am in The Elder Scrolls you can be the drinking buddy with a god, and dragons word debates are epic battles. And if it isn't and ponies 'tamed' the weather than its just OUR next step in our journey. After all, irrigation, dams, the weather report, all those are us trying to do what Rainbow Dash does in her 9 to 5.

Anyway if you ever do another story I would suggest have a character talk about the deeds of a character rather than make then an expy of them. Like say, Big Mac talks about how Celestia gave the Apples the land that is now Ponyville and always makes sure their farms have enough walk. Like the ideal is to show Luna (and the reader) that every bad thing Celestia does she does ten good things. While Luna may not approve she can at least understand.

or something
Ringcaat chapter 15 . 8/9/2012
Thanks very much for the detail you put into every part of this story, even the final explication. I think your love of nuance and depth is admirable. This was one of my very favorite ponyfics.
Natzo chapter 15 . 8/8/2012
At least now you mention Celestia confessing to her people. That really disappointing me in the first ending.

It could really use an epilogue showing the future and reactions of the people, apologies from everyone to Luna, some hostility towards Celestia, even if her lies had good intentions, its ended up in a lot of death duo to her stupidity and pride. The nobility will lose a lot of power for not being related to her, and a lot will want compensation duo to the abuse the nobility has cause the population, like Blueblood.
AC chapter 15 . 8/8/2012
Wow. Just wow.

I never would have thought that there was this much attention to detail put into each character, every action and the planning behind all this. This was certainly an eye opener for me and shows how ignorant I can be while reading. I picked up a few things during the story but never really gave them much thought—until now.

You just blew my mind.

Thank you for writing this story.
Eclipse pony chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
This story is nothing short of amazing...
Guest chapter 14 . 7/5/2012
Amazing. Probably the best fic I've read, and I've read many.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/5/2012
Ok, so like 90% of Pegasus are out of the job?

You do know that the Everfree Forest is the ONLY part of the world that behaves like ours.

Celestia and Luna just control the sun and moon, plus... you know this is like Mass Effect 3 all over again.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/4/2012
This was absolutely amazing. I started reading this at 11am and didn't stop reading till 2am. I loved everything about this, the characters, the plot, the theme and so much more. This deserves so much more attention. I'm looking forward to reading more of this authors work. Thank you so much.
-Will Sweeney
SillyGriffin chapter 14 . 7/3/2012
Very nice. It does seem like the ending is rushed, despite the time and revisions you put in...but I guess it answers all our questions. Certainly it gave me plenty to think about with respect to how one handles an eternal project like civilization. I imagined myself as Twilight here, and I was happy when she spoke up with blame and ideas to go around.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
I loved the story, got ready for the end, and...
was severly caught off guard by the cheap fake ending. On all honesty, it sucked. I am not trying to be mean, but everything feels like a " happy ever after" story. I loved the buildup, but the payoff was weak. All of these shocking revelations in a short period, like ponyville and twilight and her friends were all just a part of celestias plan, or that the death of the phoenix went unnoticed, just doesn't sit well with me because of all the hard work and effort you put into this. I have been with this story for a while, and the ending felt...wrong. I don't know, it's too late now to change anything.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/29/2012