Reviews for Frigid Winds and Burning Hearts
fuckyou chapter 1 . 3/20
Well, here goes nothing, I'm going to stick my arm down the ass schinter of this story and hopefully dredge something out of it that redeems it.

This is gonna be unpleasant, I fucking know it.
skarosianlifeform chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
Celestia and Luna, in the flashback, sound like the Vorlons and the Shadows in Babylon 5.
skarosianlifeform chapter 2 . 11/18/2014
Like the subtle reference to Odysseus (who took the false name "Nobody") and Polyphem the cyclops, who said there was a human to his brothers, and when asked his name, replied "there was Nobody".
hainbane chapter 14 . 9/14/2014
It is a very interesting story. Thank you for shareing it with us.
Maegash1r4 chapter 14 . 4/29/2013
That was the most brilliant story I read in months.
Maegash1r4 chapter 7 . 4/26/2013
Big Mac: "guards are closing in, they all saw that rainboom. Should be here any second. Now where were we. Ah yes! Let me give you a long and elaborate speech about our parents before we head out" :-) great story though.
Kari-Kateora chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Within the first chapter, I find a Lord of the Rings reference and Greek used an an old language.

Fascinating.

I have never felt entirely comfortable with Celestia being portrayed as 'evil', but your story is quite captivating.
Swashbucklist chapter 14 . 9/26/2012
You could've gotten away with having Spike trampled to death rather than some random colt. It would've affected Rarity (his crush) and Celestia (his mother figure) more deeply. He was pretty pointless throughout the story, and I doubt many readers would've cared; few people seem to give a rat's ass about him.
d715 chapter 15 . 8/23/2012
After a bit of skimming threw a few chapters. I can say its been 1000x times better than what they were before. I know we've haven't seen eye to eye, ever. But I still enjoyed this, diamond in the rough, while it still has flaws (mainly stuff about the Everfree forest itself) and glad it didn't devoted into a long rant about how much Luna hates Celestia what the story somethings seem as. Celestia has grown to being one of my favorite characters and I'm really sick of seem being viewed as an tyrant or a rapist.

As for the everfree, well I've always found it out the way you handle it. To me, it being the only normal forest (to human standards) it just to show how different their world it. Its the odd one out, (as I mention) kinda like how in I Am Legend, how the last human in a world of vampires is now the real monster. I am in The Elder Scrolls you can be the drinking buddy with a god, and dragons word debates are epic battles. And if it isn't and ponies 'tamed' the weather than its just OUR next step in our journey. After all, irrigation, dams, the weather report, all those are us trying to do what Rainbow Dash does in her 9 to 5.

Anyway if you ever do another story I would suggest have a character talk about the deeds of a character rather than make then an expy of them. Like say, Big Mac talks about how Celestia gave the Apples the land that is now Ponyville and always makes sure their farms have enough walk. Like the ideal is to show Luna (and the reader) that every bad thing Celestia does she does ten good things. While Luna may not approve she can at least understand.

or something
Ringcaat chapter 15 . 8/9/2012
Thanks very much for the detail you put into every part of this story, even the final explication. I think your love of nuance and depth is admirable. This was one of my very favorite ponyfics.
Natzo chapter 15 . 8/8/2012
At least now you mention Celestia confessing to her people. That really disappointing me in the first ending.

It could really use an epilogue showing the future and reactions of the people, apologies from everyone to Luna, some hostility towards Celestia, even if her lies had good intentions, its ended up in a lot of death duo to her stupidity and pride. The nobility will lose a lot of power for not being related to her, and a lot will want compensation duo to the abuse the nobility has cause the population, like Blueblood.
AC chapter 15 . 8/8/2012
Wow. Just wow.

I never would have thought that there was this much attention to detail put into each character, every action and the planning behind all this. This was certainly an eye opener for me and shows how ignorant I can be while reading. I picked up a few things during the story but never really gave them much thought—until now.

You just blew my mind.

Thank you for writing this story.
Eclipse pony chapter 14 . 7/30/2012
This story is nothing short of amazing...
Guest chapter 14 . 7/5/2012
Amazing. Probably the best fic I've read, and I've read many.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/5/2012
Ok, so like 90% of Pegasus are out of the job?

You do know that the Everfree Forest is the ONLY part of the world that behaves like ours.

Celestia and Luna just control the sun and moon, plus... you know this is like Mass Effect 3 all over again.