Reviews for An Epic Before Bed
firstadream chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
that was amazing. i have to admit, when i first read the title, i expected smut. this was so much better! love your stories... can't wait for more.
CarlaM2190 chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Very nice story, loved how you tied all those episodes together. Thank you!
jrfanfrommo chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Awww what a beautiful story! Love the dedication! Great job!
RositaLG chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
GAH! I cannot tell you how much I squealed when reading this story. It was like, certain lines just demanded it. lol. A-mazing as always!
bitsygirl chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Darling, this was just amazing. I am going to have to go back and read it again, because I am sure there are all kinds of little details that will shimmer even brighter on the re-read. I know RL is busy, but good heavens, woman, KEEP WRITING!

xo
g8trgrrl chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I've read A LOT of post-finale fics (and there are a lot to choose from), and most are pretty good, but your story is without a doubt one of the best. One of my top 3 favorites, no question. :) I've had the same thoughts about the link between the season 4 and season 6 finales, and your interpretation is excellent. You've also found a new fan, because now I'm going back to read your previous stories as well. I have a newly renewed interest in fanfic lately, and it's fun to find new talented authors. Thanks!
hot4booth chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Wow! Brilliant story bringing these episodes together. Wow. Okay, I have to point out some of my favorite lines. They're not in any particular order except for the first one. It made me laugh so hard... truly loved it!

"It's not something that she spends too much time worrying about because after all, Booth seems to have a particular affinity for naming things in such a manner, and she's almost sure it has something to do with that."

"It's only when he goes to leave his bed and she feels him slipping away into the man he needs to be to catch a monster that she pulls him back. Because she doesn't want this to be the sum of them anymore. She doesn't want to get so close and have it amount to nothing.

"Like her, she knows he still can't always believe that this is the way things are now."

"and they both know that it's more than just being quite compatible as she suggested once,"

"But then standing in front of her on the street he smiles that same smile – the one from her mind and from her book all those years ago – and right there none of her fears seem to matter because this part is right. This part feels exactly as it's meant to."

"The coma dream – the life that tortured him for so many months – the symbol for far too long of everything he could never have."

"None of that matters because I am living the life I want to live right here and I can't imagine ever wanting it to be different. I don't even want the dream now Bones, I want this."

"Brennan likes the ending – the way that the hero and heroine can find a happiness that feels real, attainable and so much less heavy than the words she wrote all those years ago. She likes that it no longer reminds her of what she can't and won't have, but instead is a whole journey of possibility that she still has plenty of time to explore."

PS... I feel silly, but I did't get the "Death Cab for Cutie, A Lack of Color."

PSS... I want to link your story to my blog. Is that okay?
annpa chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Thanks so much for this! I always enjoy your stories. I really like how you integrated the coma dream story with the recent events. I hoped that the End in the Beginning meant something, but based on prior continuity issues in the series, I wasn't keeping my hopes up.
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Hi there,

Absolutely loved this...It was a wonderful story and so well written...Loved...

'They still haven't learned to control it yet, this thing that exists between them. It's been a few weeks, but every time they get even a little bit close things seem to spiral so readily out of control'.

and...

'She's written this moment and she's lived this moment...And now she knows which she prefers'.

And of course 'Baby B'...and how Booth named him/her! Loved...

'She's written this moment and she's lived this moment.

'For Booth and Baby B, who will never be burdens'...

Truly beautiful chapter...

Ger
SouthunLady chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Great way to explain the coma dream and it's real life components. Really enjoyed it.
Ondiac chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Really enjoyed this, thanks for writing!
anthropologist chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I've taken a break from fanfiction for a while, but when I saw the alert on my phone and saw it was you, I absolutely had to check it out, and then of course I had to log in and review. And I'm so glad I did! This story is brilliant and beautiful and well put together, just like all of your stories. I love how neatly you entwined the three episodes... You are an excellent writer and this story displays that best of all. I really admire how you can write a lovely romance story and never let it get cheesy... I'm truly envious of that! : ) As always, you captured their relationship perfectly. Sometimes I think there are no words to explain Booth and Brennan and what they have and do everything justice, and then you go on and prove me wrong. Big up! Xx
thatistheburden chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Thank you for being the first person I've seen acknowledge the coma dream book. The way you incorporated it was perfect. I've always believed that as Brennan opens up more, she would reveal more about the book to Booth, and if she ever does, I hope it plays out in a similar fashion to your ideas. It was a great story, and I look forward to reading more from you :)
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I’m trying to go the open-word-document-to-write-review-as-I-go route, but I have a feeling that it’s going to make for one epic reader response. I haven’t even made it to the actual story yet and I already feel the need to comment. Death Cab for Cutie? You are honestly my favourite. My FAVOURITE. And I love that we are past the stage where I feel I have to contain my fangirl-esque tendencies when it comes to your writing. It makes things so much easier (for me).

“They're two such different people who finally want to talk the same language.

He thinks, somehow, that this means just as much as the lack of anger, and the lack of imperviousness that he can feel almost heavy between them.”

I adore this. Their mutual desire to find common ground, to make this thing between them – that they can neither define nor deny – work, to UNDERSTAND one another, really does mean just as much as not being angry or impervious. You always do such a magnificent job of keeping a sense of equality between Booth and Brennan; it’s so easy to allow an opinion on one of their actions to sway the way you view them as a whole in the spur of the moment, but you never let that happen. There’s poignant impartiality (can impartiality really be poignant? I don’t know, but if anyone can make it so, it’s you) and a wonderful poetry to these in-between thoughts and dialogues you put into your pieces.

The comparison between the reality of her pregnancy confession and her vision of it three years before, is lovely. I love that the fact that Brennan wrote an entire book strikes you just as hard as it has always struck me. I still get wowed by it, to be honest.

“Though she's well aware of her body's needs during this time, some days she'll play along because this give-a-little take-a-little has always been how they work.”

Yet another subtle-yet-important thing that’s changed between them. You can see it in Brennan’s face, now, when Booth says something and there’s that moment where she could argue the point, and then she lets him have it. She’s learning to let the little things go, and he’s learning to listen to what she’s saying, and they’re both becoming better. They’ve matured so much I could start running into walls through sheer excitement alone.

It makes perfect sense that Brennan wouldn’t have actually thrown away ALL of the book. I think about my own compulsive tendencies, and how difficult (read; nearly impossible) it is for me to delete things I’ve written (even when I hate them. Like, HATE them), and then I consider Brennan’s compulsive tendencies which could arguably surpass my own, and it’s hard to believe she could have worked herself up to outright destroying something that obviously contained such a big chunk of her heart.

“…he needs to hear what she has to say.”

THIS. This is what I was trying to say earlier... and you went and said it not a couple paragraphs later (a lot more fluidly than I managed :P). Booth is learning temperance... he’s learning to give her a chance to talk and to really think about what it is she’s saying before interpreting and furthering that vicious cycle between them of miscommunication and hurt. And how beautiful is the result? He gets to hear her continue on to voice something heartfelt and pure.

I am blown by the ending. It was perfect. Kind of like everything that you do. It was realistic and a sum of the best, simplest parts of B&B. Brennan could conceivably write a dedication exactly like that, and if she ever did, it would undoubtedly be Booth’s favourite part. Stellar job, lady. I can’t wait for your semester to end so that you can start pumping more beautiful pieces into my universe.
bones35 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
This is extremely creative; really liked the way you integrated prior episodes. I too think Brennan retained that book she wrote during Booth's coma.

One quibble - I'm not certain why so many writers love to include phrases or sentences in parenthesis. You enver see it in novels or short stories, or at least I don't ever recall coming across it. I think it detracts from the theme or message. Any way, just a comment.
52 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »